Chapter 4: Danger
399 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.



Adventurer Brochure, Chapter 2 page 7

"There is a ranking system in the Adventurer's Guild called 'Metal Ranking' for obvious reasons. In ascending order; Copper, Iron, Steel, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Mithril, Flexine, Adamantite, and Innium. There is also a sub-rank where the adventurer has to get full 5 stars to Rank Up. Star acquisition depends on the metal rank of an adventurer, the higher someone is at the rankings, it would be more difficult to get stars."




 

 

Seeing how the Forest Wisp dies because of its attack, I immediately float towards the corpse of the wisp while thinking of a new strategy.

<< You used [ Drain Essence ] on a Forest Wisp's corpse! >>

<< You absorbed Forest Wisp's remaining essence! >>

<< +2 EXP, +10 MP  >> 

'No stat point huh? No, bother, at least there's an extra EXP and MP. Now with that settled, how can I finish the quest? Running seems to be a viable option, but with the sheer number of wisps in my immediate vicinity, it would be almost impossible since according to the information given by the System, wisps have a trait called Limpid...' 

 




Trait: Limpid (Rare)

An innate trait of a being made of energy. Beings born with this trait don't have the same Status Page and attribute to those without it, they don't possess a physical body so stats like PHY, CON, and DEX is not applicable, they also don't possess HP, thus they rely solely upon Mana to keep on living. Without a physical body, they are almost immune to physical damage but they are most vulnerable to Energy-based attacks, they also don't tire, eat, sleep, or have any natural bodily functions of a physical being, they can experience something like fatigue when their MP is low, and they will die if they depleted their Mana deposit.




As I review the information that the system has given to me, a commotion is happening, I noticed that dozens of wisps are coming toward my current location, and I immediately float away from the place.

'Hmm, if my hypothesis is right, they also felt that mana ripple in the air, and if I'm going to believe the information given by the system about their rock-like intelligence and reliance on Mana...' with this information, I tried to mimic the mana ripple that happened, I let out a small amount of my mana and compress it without conjuring anything, I'm still having some hard time controlling it but I'm getting better and better as I practice more.

[[ Mana Manipulation is now Level 2! ]]

'Nice!' with my Mana Manipulation leveling up, it got a little bit easier to manipulate the mana into the shape that I desire, now with 30 points of mana compressed into a ball as small as I can compress it, I let go. The Mana exploded, albeit not destructively like what the dead wisp has done, it did the work, and some wisps that are near me floated toward my location. It seems like it's true, wisp is attracted to mana!

With that said, I tried to think of a way to exploit this information, until I felt another ripple in the air. The dozens of wisps that are in the location where the Forest Wisp killed itself are conjuring [Mana Bolt]! The ripple is so much stronger thus, almost all of the wisp that spawned is floating toward the clamor. 

'I can't let them kill each other without getting some of that EXP!' As they congregate and cast their [Mana Bolt], I also cast that spell, I can't let them die without me getting anything!

I cast [Mana Bolt] repeatedly, not to kill those, but just to get a hit to have some EXP.



"What was that?" I suddenly muttered under my breath.

"What's what Lish?"

"There's some Mana disturbance in the vicinity, I think it has already started," I said while we trek the uneven forest floor. I am Aelisha by the way, 21 years of age, and a 2-star Steel rank [Junior Fire Magician]. Me and my friend Klyde, a 4-star Copper Rank [Trainee Swordsman], have accepted a Quest from the Adventurer Guild, the yearly [Wisp Core] Quest.

 




Adventurer Quest

Difficulty:  F to D+

Wisp Core

Quest Information: The Scholars and Mages of the Turquois tower have given vital information, the yearly Planar Leakage has begun and has been observed in the outskirts of the Grecco Forest, huge amounts of elemental energy have seeped out of the crack that can result in an Evolution Stampede and or most probably, a Wisp Party. Eliminate every wisp that you can find and bring their core for rewards.

Recommendation: Minimum of 2 members, one should have a [Job] that can deal magic damage.

 

1 small forest wisp core: 10 silver

1 adult forest wisp core: 50 silver

1 elder forest wisp core: 1 gold




Fortunately, the Planar Leakage is on the part of the forest in which F to E rank monsters reside, if it is much further, we might have gone home already.

"Lish are you sure about this? I mean I do not doubt your magic capabilities whatsoever, but we barely reached the minimum of the quest recommendation" Klyde said, with a hint of concern

I sighed, "How many times are you going to ask the same question... Again, I'm confident that we can kill at least 20 wisps or more, they're wisps for god sake, what are you so afraid of?"

"It's not that I'm afraid of mere wisps, what if a Blood Stag suddenly appeared?"

"There's no Blood Stag in these parts of the forest, stop worrying and think about the money." I said while smirking. A silver can feed someone for a day, with this quest, we can have 1 gold each!

"B-But-"

"No buts, stay focused and watch out for some Slimes and Worker Ants, I need to preserve my Mana." I said, Klyde let out a sigh and we continue moving deeper into the forest.

...

...

30 minutes passed like nothing, we encountered some Worker Ants as expected, and Klyde managed to eliminate those critters quite easily. I can feel that we're near the spot where a 'Wisp Party' is.

"It's just beyond this shrubbery, I can feel the huge mana signature there." I said to Klyde as I thread towards the grass and bushes.

"How can you be so sure that those are wisps? What if that's a Forest Elemental?" Klyde said as I peered at the other side of the shrubbery

"Please stop being a scaredy cat, that can't be the case-" I immediately ducked, and Klyde immediately did the same thing.

"Don't move, don't fucking move." I whispered, if my eyes are functioning well right now, then we're in great danger. I expected to see dozens of wisp fighting and killing each other, but instead, a lone green light is floating in the middle of the clearing. I tried casting  [Inspect] at the light to confirm my suspicion.


**** ******* Small Forest Elemental

Lvl:? | Rank:?


I looked at Klyde and whispered 

"Why did you have to fucking jinx it."

 

So, what should it be?
  • 1st Person (Character's Viewpoint)
  • 3rd Person (Narrator's Viewpoint)
Total voters: 10 · This poll was closed on Nov 30, 2022 12:20 PM.
13