The Cosmic Dance
300 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking back was a breeze, Persephone did not speak with me nor did I. At this moment, she is probably thinking of her mother.

As for me, I have other things predating my mind. Since realizing that I am a God. A day has passed. An entire of 24 hours.

It is time, I awaken my Divinity Domains. Walking towards the branch of the blue pond, I turned around.
"If fate allows we shall meet again."

Persephone nodded.
"Persephone."

I raised my eyebrows. Now that I think of she indeed did not introduce herself.
"Valyr Mexneriuss."

I offered my hand for a handshake. She frowned a little.
"What is this?"

My hand clutched her tightly, a strong firm shaking of hands.
"A symbolic gesture of mutual commitment to an oath or promise... or you can treat it as a gesture of peace."

Persephone 'ohhhh'ed and sighed lightly. A bitter expression endeared her face. Seeing that, I subconsciously put my hand on her head, ruffling her hair a little.
"Don't worry, one day you will have freedom."

Persephone did not reply, her eyes on her feet. However, seeing her ears that had turned red like tomatoes, a smile crept onto my face.

I would not lie, Persephone was one of the few normal goddesses in Greek Mythology. One that did not cheat and was faithful. Likewise her husband.

I took my hand back and turned around. I do not have much time since I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

My back in front of her eyes, I raised my hand as if in a movie, the wind, the insects, and the birds were background actors in it.
"Farewell, Persephone."

She clutched my hand tightly and asked in a panic.
"Where will you go?? Why don't you come back and stay with mom and me...?"

A tempting offer but...
"No."

I turned around and gazed deeply into her eyes and caressed her head.
"I follow the wind, Persephone. However, if you wish to find me... then wait for me at the tip of the cliff where the air is crisp."

Then I turned around, ignoring her expression, and walked away into the distance.

The leaves fluttered and the trees swayed. Under the light of the moonlight, only the girl remained.

~
It was hard to see the path at my feet in the darkness, fortunately the light of the moon illuminated the skies.

My feet crept out of the narrow strip of bushes to a lone waterfall by the woods.

The roar of the water had a power and a brilliance in tranquility evoking stillness in my heart.

Removing my toga or the single cloth over my body, I walked into the water.

Warm. The water was very warm in a good way. Thousands of gems reflected onto the water as I climbed a certain rock on which the water was flowing onto.

As the water hit my shoulders, head, and body... my soul felt detached.

A blanket of darkness came into my view with millions and billions of infinite stars. My consciousness felt as if it was traveling through every one of them.

As if zooming out, the stars became nothing more than tiny dots in the space sky, and whirls of fairy dust came into view.

Galaxies. I had seen the image of the Milky Way more than thousand times to know what my original galaxy looked like.

However, in the lines of these uncountable circles, spirals, and sometimes weirder shapes... I could not find it.

They were all unique, each and every one of them.
'Special they are not...'

The back of my head hinted once again. Indeed, it can be applied to humans as well much less celestial objects.

Each and every one is unique but no one is special, there are only believers and non-believers, those who manifest and those who do not.

In the eyes of heaven, an ant is similar to every other ant.

Slowly... the galaxies began to zoom out. In the distance, infinite nebulae lay as they too became nothing else but a tiny dot.

It was then that pitch-black darkness arrived. However, not for long. Before I could comprehend anything, huge... huge orbs floated into space.

I would have gasped if I was in my physical body. The orb in my front was my universe... and the countless orbs beside... were the multiverse.

Soon heat began to pour into my consciousness. Fuck! It was getting a little too extreme! My consciousness felt like blinking out multiple times, yet I endured... absorbing it all.

The spiritual plain refused to accept my presence... my presence itself was nothing more than dust.

I peered through the void where I saw the most majestic site of my entire life, even the multiverse, the galaxies, and the nebulae could not compare.

All the dark and all the light contributed to forming a surreal humanoid figure in the skies. A figure I could not comprehend.

Similarly, I saw two more figures floating, massive celestial figures. Then as if enlightenment struck me... the three figures combined, formed a completely new scenery... of a being.

Awe struck my body and gaze... unable to comprehend it. Just a gaze, made my astral self override.

As if diving back home, I fell from the skies. At the same time, my vision widened. The scenery in front still had not changed.

A sound entered my ears, a thunderous one. It evoked my consciousness. The sound of 'Om' resounded in the background.

Along with that, tongs beat against what sounds similar to a peculiar drum, getting stronger with each passing moment as I plunged into giant clouds of dust and gas.

Heat once again passed through my astral self, I felt something... probably my soul vibrate and match the frequencies.

As the volume of the beat became faster and louder, the horizon began to light up and space became bright as if someone turned on the switch.

From the distance, it looked as if the celestial figure was dancing to the tune of the creation and destruction of the cosmos.

The multiverse came into view and then the galaxies and then the familiar stars that stretch back towards infinity.

Many of them rushed towards me. Humongous balls of burning gas surrounded me. Roughly nine of them surrounded me.

A few were smaller than the others while a few were brighter but one aspect was similar... all of them were rushing towards me.

The light increased as all darkness became a singular entity, shrouded by infinite white.

*Flutter!*

My eyes opened.

8