Ai Ai Ai Am Getting Out Of Here – 24
173 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

After Aqua, or should I say Gorou, finished recounting his past life story, the room fell silent as we processed the revelations. Ruby's eyes seemed to glisten with tears as he finished, and she leaped towards Aqua, clutching him tightly as if she never wanted to let him go.

“You are Gorou?! Really? Waaaah! I have been trying to look for you for so long. I called the hospital so many times to check up on you.” Ruby tore up.

"Sa—Sarina?" Aqua stutters when he realizes Ruby is Sarina.

“Yeah.” Ruby sniffed.

‘Did I miss a page? Ruby was that Sarina in Aqua’s story? That’s a little shocking.’I pondered the scene, trying to process the revelation that had just occurred.

“So, you two never even bothered revealing your past lives to each other despite being close?” I asked, surprised.

The twins never really felt the urge to dig deep into each other's pasts, but they still had a hint of guilt for not trying to find out. Even though they were dealing with these feelings inside, they were able to hide their emotional pain behind their outward appearances.

After learning each other's true identities, the two hugged, appearing reluctant to let go; Ruby, especially, held onto Aqua tightly and didn't want to let go.

"Insecurity," they said at the same time. They both understood that they shouldn't reveal too much, as they knew each other as Ai's otaku fans. Plus, they were from the same world and lived in Japan. Aqua had brought up this topic with Ruby when they were even younger, but when Ruby didn't want to talk about it, Aqua didn't push the matter.

"What a bunch of idiots—I mean, how adorable." I said after hearing this. Most of Sarina's life story has already been covered by Gorou.

"That's great for you both. But me? I actually died and got my wish granted by a self-proclaimed Super Kami R.O.B. I got a new body that is compatible with my power. Then I went through a 200,000-year nap with occasional painful wake-ups here and there with some PTSD. It's almost like an isekai fantasy trope, but it all happened within this weird void place. Anyhow, how's your new body treating you guys? Adjusting to a new body must be tough," I casually simplified my entire origin story so they could understand.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, what?!" Aqua frowned, utterly flabbergasted by what he had just heard.

"I don't believe you," Ruby said, her eyes twitching in response to the unbelievable story.

“Oh, okay then. So, Aqua... How are you going to move forward now that the intense emotions you once had for revenge against your father have calmed down? Your initial plan was to get involved by working in the entertainment industry, rising to positions of influence, connecting and reaching out to others who were involved with or had a history with your father, and eventually finding a way to directly kill him.” I gave a dark grin as I said this outloud.

“Oui. What the hell are you saying? Ruby, don’t listen to him!” Aqua replied to what I said warily as he covered Ruby’s ears. Ruby remained in Aqua's embrace, quietly sobbing as she held onto him.

Observing Aqua, his eyes are a mesmerizing swirl of blue, now that the once-piercing black star within them has been replaced by a serene white one. I'm not sure what that symbolizes and I am not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Now that I've got an idea of where the story was originally going. I'm not totally sure if what I'm doing is right, but I'll try to give him a new purpose that's somewhat like the old one.

"You still have to remove Sarina's parents from the picture," I suggested, giving a hint without going into too much detail.

"You—" Aqua scowled, catching onto my implication.

Now that Aqua knows Ruby is Sarina, he might have some understanding that Ruby could be carrying feelings of guilt, frustration, and a bunch of mixed-up emotions about her family from her past life. Even though their mother Ai is here, it's not easy for Ruby, considering she had a family in her previous life who she wanted to be accepted to.

"Ruby is still a kid at heart, despite the fact that it might seem like something you could just brush off. It's up to you now how you want to handle this."

Ruby had tears rolling down her cheeks, her face hidden in Aqua's chest. She kept repeating Gorou's name softly, not realizing the conversation we had just had.

***

I dispelled the sound barrier that I had cast and shifted my thoughts to something else.

I did not sense or see any other souls within their body. That got me thinking: were Ai’s children originally soulless? Or could it be that the man who impregnated Ai was already soulless to begin with? Then there was a huge difference between Sarina’s time of death and Gorou’s death. There are so many unnatural elements in this world happening the more I look into it.

My gaze shifted toward the window, fixing on the crow perched on a tree branch, observing the unfolding scene.

Ah… Right. I’m thinking too much for no fucking reason. This world is originally just a story. There shouldn’t be any reason to think any further as those two are the protagonists of this verse. Every problem is meant for them to solve. Probably.

Shit, I also got myself way too deeply involved with them. Did I mess up their character development or something? Ugh, I should've put some time into reading that series in my previous life. I may have just thrown this world into chaos by bringing back perhaps the most complicated character. Only after resurrecting did I realize that her presence and character were simply too much for this world, having the author remove her from the story.

~

Exiting the room, we were greeted by the sound of Flone's enthusiastic storytelling.

“And then Gojo was like, 'Domain Expansion Unlimited Void, right?! Right!!' And then he shot this powerful purple ray of light that just obliterated him completely!” Flone recounted with excitement.

"Wait, did you guys do this out in public? Is it even legal? Please tell me you didn't do it where people could see you! This can't come back to haunt us, can it?" Miyako looked really worried and pale.

"Uh huh, yeah, we totally did it out in public," Flone admitted casually.

That happened to make pale Miyako faint on the spot.

"With no one around," Flone added later.

"So, mister Gojo gave him a painless death?" Ai Hoshino asked, tilting her head curiously as she patted Flone's head.

“I don’t think he did. He first destroyed his mind using this special power called domain expansion! Here! Here! Let me show you." Flone explained, taking out her favorite manga, JJK. She used the manga to show Ai exactly what Gojo did to Hikaru. Flone's manga had a cool feature – it had moving pictures in every panel. Plus, you could even hear the characters' voices as you read their lines. It was like getting inside the story!

“O, by the way the Gojo Satoru in this book is entirely different from the Gojo that is here. The one we have here is a womanizer!” Flone excitedly said as she noticed Gojo and the twins walked out from the room.

“I can hear you!” I retorted. Flone responded by sticking out her tongue.

“Hmmmm.” Ai turned her head and examined the Gojo in the manga and then the Gojo that were with her twins in delicate detail and smiled. Hayasaka joined in on the manga reading too, sitting beside Flone and Ai. They were all having a good time, immersed in the detailed reenactment of the domain battle between Gojo Satoru and Jogo (Volcano Head Special Grade Cursed Spirit).

***

With that we left by teleporting. I think we have a good vibe with the Hoshino family. They have so much to do, but it is very lively though.

As soon as we got back to Kaguya’s mansion we indulged in what we wanted to do until Shinomiya came back. And she came back with a huge fuss. Scolding us for skipping school, and ditching class. On top of that staying inside the mansion and causing a mess every time.

Shinomiya who was very displeased with our actions and absolutely detest our lazy nature. Even though we have seen what we wanted already in Japan (quite literally). She made a lot of plans for us for the remainder of our time in this world.

Since Shinomiya is still in charge of taking care of us for the remainder of our time here. We were forced to partake in activities that are supposed to be meaningful and productive as guests of the Shinomiya rather than lazing around in her mansion and Flone making a mess. She even got the Hoshino family involved, to join us for the remaining time of what we have left. But today we were at a mall.

The twins were clearly annoyed by my presence. Regardless of what I said, the group left me in charge of babysitting the kids alone while they all went shopping together. We didn't say much, but they followed me everywhere I went. I was given a substantial sum of money to take care of them.

So, I did what most people would do at a mall – I headed straight to the gaming and toy store. Ruby and Aqua were right there with me, tagging along. And guess what caught my eye at the toy aisle? Something that made me totally amazed. You won't believe it, but they had Yu-Gi-Oh! stuff in this world! Now, I'm not a huge fan of all those Yugioh cards, just a couple. Currently my undivided attention is on the dueling disks they had on display. I was especially into the Battle City OG Version Duel Disk. I really wanted to have one of those!

Unfortunately, the twins were staring at me as if I were trash the entire time when I was gawking at the toy duel disk.

“What are you? A kid? Let's get out of here. Why are we wasting time in a toy store? We're not interested in toys.” Ruby said with a frown.

“Well I am!” I decided to buy a bunch of stuff here that was not available back in my world or at least where I lived before.

“We want to be with mama,” Ruby clicked her tongue as she was holding Aqua’s hand.

“We can go to a merchandise store to pick out some posters of your mom after okay? Oh, wait actually. You two can actually go there by yourselves. Here, take some money." I hurriedly placed a couple of 10,000 yen bills in Aqua and Ruby's small pockets, making sure they were secure and wouldn't fall out.

“Are you serious right now? You’re going to let us go there by ourselves?” Aqua asked with a twitching eyebrow at the unbelievable man before him.

“Come on Aqua lets go! Let’s leave this weirdo to go find mama then.” Ruby said to the unmoving Aqua.

“Well, if anything bad happens just take out those toys I gave you for self defense.” I walked up and started picking out a bunch of stuff from the toy aisle. After that, I joined the line to purchase those special artifact objects and cards.

Really, the rest of our time in this world was spent hanging out with Shinomiya Kaguya and the Hoshino family until it got late. Ai, in particular, became really close to all of us quickly. Shinomiya on the other hand had been dealing with a lot of things internally and she took her frustrations out on us by forcing us to go on these outings. She even felt like she did her job well as a part of the Shinomiya family taking care of us (troublemakers).  We made sure to let everyone we knew that we were leaving tomorrow, like literally departing from this world. Ai, especially, wanted to say goodbye.

***

One day, on a bright, sunny day - a rare occasion when I actually had a bit of time to myself. I decided to walk in a quiet park. I had my sunglasses on, looking at the sun. As I stood there, a crow approached from behind. In a surprising twist, the crow transformed into a person.

"You actually walked all the way here, little girl?" I exclaimed in surprise without turning around to face her.

"No~ I fucking flew here, dipshit. Just so you know, we have trains and transportation in this day and age." the mysterious crow girl retorted with sarcasm, her tone still devoid of emotions. Is she still salty about that stunt I pulled?

"I don’t know what tricks you used, but you've definitely meddled with a lot of things you aren’t supposed to. That… might not have necessarily been a bad move, but it's an unwelcome one. Your actions have entangled you in the affairs of this world, particularly with the chosen ones," the little girl vaguely stated.

"You seriously might need to work on your way of speaking. I'll be around for less than a day now. Whether you like it or not, I’m going to disappear along with my goon squad," I said, turning to face her now.

"Mhmmm? I believe I have already blocked that method," the crow girl gave a disturbing smile that a girl shouldn't have.

I tilted my head as I heard that statement from her. Could she block my return to my own personal dimension? Is that even possible? It's theoretically a shared dimension between me and Kaguya Otsutsuki. But just to be sure, I opened a panel that hadn't been checked in a while.

///Error///

I knew this system was garbage to begin with. Though I didn't let my frustration show on my face because this problem is entirely different.

"You seem rather relaxed after hearing this?" The crow girl widened her eyes, noticing that I didn't seem to be angry or displeased.

"Well, I think you have your own reasons for doing so. But I have my own methods of leaving," I responded coldly.

"You and your group will have to stay here," the little girl said while gritting her teeth.

"Aww is little Itachi going to miss me?" I gave a shit-eating grin.

"Do you not know what you have done? Take responsibility for your actions for disturbing this world!" The little girl said that and left, feathers raining down as the girl disappeared after I blinked at what she said.

Responsibility for what? I haven't used Sword of Rupture, Ea, to destroy any city yet. Even though I don't want to admit it, I'm quite certain R.O.B. will eventually pull me out of here. That's why I'm not making a big fuss when the crowgirl starts spouting nonsense— as it doesn't really matter in the end.

***

On the very last day, as the sun began to go down and nighttime was coming, we felt a sense of ending. We had said our goodbyes on the day before, because everyone else was busy today. The only person with us was Ai. She watched us closely as we got ready to leave. We couldn't bring her with us even if we wanted to. She's the mother of the two main characters in this world (Oshi No Ko).

It was a moment filled with a mix of emotions as Gojo and Ai found themselves standing near the edge of a serene lake. Gojo kicked a pebble with the tip of his shoe, sending it skipping across the water. He turned to Ai, a mixture of calmness and guilt flickering in his eyes. There’s a saying you shouldn’t get too close to a character you don’t know. But he has already gone inside this character.

"So, you have everything done over there? Are you ready to head back and continue being a parent?" Gojo asked, casting one last glance at Ai.

Ai checked out the lake view, looking both determined and kinda sad. Her fingers played with the edge of her dress, a nervous habit. "Yes, everything is taken care of. I'll be fine on my own," she replied, her voice quivering slightly.

Gojo let out a sigh, his gaze never leaving Ai. "Gotcha. Then I guess there's nothing more for me to do." He paused, a small smile forming. "You know, I am glad to have met you. Not only did I get to fuck you. I get to call myself a mother fucker. That’s a feat in my book."

Ai was so caught off guard by Gojo's bombshell that her jaw dropped. She's struggling to keep it together, trying hard not to burst into laughter. "Yeah. You were really into that role too. Thanks, Gojo, for everything. It's just too bad you couldn't stick around a bit longer." Her voice wobbles a bit because she's feeling all grateful and choked up, but she's also trying to brush off that unexpected bomb Gojo just threw in there.

“Just fuck already~!” The voice was Flone's, and it echoed through the area. Kaguya Otsutsuki was, like, quick to react and covered Flone's mouth.

"Um, will we see each other again?" Ai asked, sounding a bit nervous, like she really wanted to know.

I gave a swift look at Hayasaka and I witnessed a touching moment. She was holding onto her mom tightly, tears running down her cheeks. Her mom's advice appeared to blend firmness with care, discussing the importance of being safe and using protection. That last part about protection seemed to be more emphasized than the rest.

"Yeah, I think we will. I don’t know when though," I replied, turning my attention back to Ai.

Nothing more needed to be said. Gojo and his people were returning to where he once came from and Ai didn't run after him. She knows it is pointless to stop them from disappearing.

As the sun was descending, the wind began to stir. A golden light enveloped Gojo, Flone, Kaguya Otsutsuki, and Ai Hayasaka, seemingly stretching on forever. But deep down, Ai knew it wouldn't last. Gradually, their forms started to fade, as if the light was erasing them from this world.

At that moment, Ai mustered all her determination. "There is one more thing I must tell you," she said with a resolute voice.

"Yeah, What is it?" Gojo replied, a knowing smile on his face. Ai's body trembled.

Over the last week, Miyako and Shinomiya purposely had Ai Hoshino come along with us for most of the things we did. With us skipping school and just hanging out at the Shinomiya mansion, Ai decided to plan some outings to stop us from being so inactive. She wanted us to do more stuff together. That's when Ai Hoshino started to pay really close attention to our group. At first, it seemed like we were like superhumans with amazing abilities, doing things that were almost like miracles.

After spending just an hour with us, Ai swiftly realized that the presence of Gojo (who essentially handles almost everything) was what enabled the others to be more engrossed in leisurely pursuits like reading, playing games, and exploring unconventional activities for fun. This realization turned her curiosity into admiration, as she noticed how they preferred using their powers for seemingly pointless activities like playing hide and seek. By phasing through walls, they could easily escape the one who's seeking them. Strangely, she started to like this group a lot, and especially Gojo, the leader. But she could never really say it out loud.

But in this moment, standing right here before him, locking her gaze with his, she gathered her courage to show her feelings without holding back. If not now, then when? Even though her emotions might not have fully blossomed into genuine love, there was an undeniable urge within her to let them out. "Gojo, I love you," Ai said, her smile resonating with depth. After uttering those words, the wind blew fiercely, and as she closed her eyes, she prepared for what would come next.

"I sort of expected it to end like this... with us parting ways like this," Ai mused with a tinge of sadness.

They vanished, erased by the light as if they had never existed.

Before her eyes stood the Japanese Shinomiya mansion. The wind rustled through the now vacant area, marking the departure of the Gojo family. "Yeah, that's just like you," Ai whispered, there was no regret in her voice. She carried everything within herself and made herself leave.

"Ah, time to go pick up my kids," Ai said in a hurried tone, a hint of both determination and distraction in her voice.

***

Ain’t no fucking way. Did Ai just confess to Gojo? Everyone thought.

***

A/N: I'm getting a strong urge to restart my Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic and continue the story (On WebNovel). But that would put this on hiatus.

Just a heads up: Ai Hoshino will be staying put in the Kaguya Verse, but there'll still be some screen time dedicated to her in the Kaguya world. While yes interesting in its own right to bring her to a new world with conflict and killing. And don't forget, as a little reminder, she's pregnant, a secret that nobody is aware of at this point. Well, maybe except for the crow girl. She has to take care of her kids.

4