Arc 1 Chapter 5 (3)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Class I Science C: Awkwardness>

 

As the second hour lesson was completed with schoolwork in all classes, the academy bell rang loudly, signaling no lessons today.

As the academy bell rang, a wave of relief swept through the room of Class I Science C. The students, previously tense with lessons and assignments, were now seen breathing a sigh of relief. 

Smiles spread across their faces, sharing lighthearted laughter and stories of after-school plans. The afternoon light seeping in through the window gives a warm feel, adding to the relaxed atmosphere that envelops the room.

In Class I Saintek C, Mrs Misha, the Biology Teacher, collects assignments before leaving the classroom. After Mrs Misha stepped out of the classroom, the students could go home quietly, relieved that the class was over.

Akishima and Zhukov had already tidied up their stationery, rushing out of the classroom and killing time before going home.

"Come on, let's go home. I want to meet Rivandy." Akishima invited, holding his bag with both hands.

"Oh yeah. I wonder what happened to her." Zhukov added, curious about her thoughts.

"Don't worry! She's still wearing a skirt. So, I can draw." Akishima took the canvas and brush from inside his bag.

Zhukov was ready, his bag already on his shoulder. "Let's go. We have to find her."

They left their classroom that was about to be emptied, abandoned by the academy students, walking quickly to the hangout. 

The school rumours about her were already spread everywhere, becoming memories for the girls who wanted to make her the ideal big sister they wanted. 

[***]

After arriving at a hangout, there was a quiet and slightly dirty room, they sat on an empty chair and put their bags on the table, there was no one in the hangout.

They both waited for someone, in case someone visited the hangout and stayed for a while before going home.

A few minutes later, a princely student still wearing a girl's uniform came up to Akishima and Zhukov. The prince student intended to clean up the hangout.

Akishima moved quickly, hugging me while kissing the girl's uniform I was wearing. With that hug, Zhukov held back his laughter with his hands, almost letting out a laugh at the sight.

"Rivandy! Where have you been? You're still wearing a skirt and long socks?" Akishima looked at me from the whole body, making me embarrassed to be seen.

"Eh... Yes. I'm ...." It was hard to answer because the strawberry red face ruined my pride, my voice stammering over the academy uniform thing.

"Don't be like that! Where are Aurora, and Evelyn?" Akishima didn't notice the existence of the two girls, in the same class as me.

I explained, remembering the incident in the second lesson. "They fainted as soon as I put on these clothes. So, they were taken to the health unit during the second lesson."

"But,... the girls praised me instead. They wanted to take me as a big sister." Continuing on, remembering the girls' treatment was unforgettable.

Akishima listened to the story, checking all the girls' uniforms I wore. From the long-sleeved shirt, to the long socks.

"Ja-Don't stare at me! I'm forced to wear these embarrassing clothes." I moved away from Akishima, intending to run away as a nervous feeling had seized me.

"It's okay. Now, you can control both short skirts and miniskirts according to your conscience." Akishima allowed me to wear a skirt, under certain conditions.

"Oh yes. Rivany. Please wear the maid uniform I just bought. It's still clean, you know." Zhukov opened his bag and showed me the Maid Classic outfit for women.

"Don't make me wear that!" My cheeks flushed even more, my masculine pride at stake.

"Zhukov! Hurry up and change into those clothes! I'll stop him from running away." Akishima held me back with both hands so that Zhukov could replace the uniform I was wearing.

"What are you doing?" I looked back, unable to escape the girl with the red scarf.

Zhukov obliged, approaching me and about to unbutton my uniform. His thoughtful nature turned into ignorance in an instant. He was supporting Akishima instead of me who needed help. 

"Stop it! I still have my pride! You can't treat me like a doll!" I moved my body, trying to break away from Akishima's embrace. But, it was useless. He won't let go just like that

The academy uniform is enough. Don't add the Maid Classic uniform again. "I'm a man. I have no intention of wearing a girl's skirt.

"Stop it! Please!" The image of the maid uniform haunted me even more, my eyesight unable to focus because of the maid outfit.

"No!" The conflict was inevitable, the voice was loud but could not be conveyed to the other residents of the academy.

[***]

With a resigned air, I donned the Classic Maid attire, complete with skirt, tasked with cleaning a sordid place. The short skirt felt rather hindering in my movements, which was far from comfortable.

Long-sleeved maid outfits with long skirts have always been a nightmare, utterly demeaning.

"Please tidy up, will you? I'm off to see Aurora and Evelyn." With a flicker of ninja magic, Akishima vanished, leaving her bag behind carelessly.

"Same here." Zhukov was no different, entrusting the cleaning duties to me on account of my maid uniform.

They left the hangout, their bags entrusted to my care. As a maid, it was incumbent upon me to clean the dwelling and carry out household chores.

"Best get on with it then." My right hand grabbed a scrubbing cloth while the other took hold of a mop.

I began scrubbing at the filth, having to crawl to clean the floors. After mopping the floors and scrubbing the kitchen table, I dried everything with the mop to ensure it was thoroughly clean.

The embarrassing maid attire was somewhat bothersome. There was no other option. Akishima had confiscated my uniform and would not return it until I had cleaned the hangout spot in this female maid outfit.

Awkward, really. It felt odd wearing a woman's maid outfit. Whether it was comfortable or humiliating, I couldn't quite decide. The emotions were all jumbled up. They might start seeing me as an elder sister.

After about half an hour of cleaning, sweat drenched my body and the maid outfit. I now knew what it was like to be a maid. This could give them some perspective on their futures.

A few minutes later, Zhukov returned while Akishima did not. I needed to be a bit more patient before I could go home. I hoped she wouldn't do anything odd.

"Yo! This room looks tidy. It could be used as a kitchen." Zhukov complimented, finding the cleaned space pleasing to the eye.

I hadn't yet responded, my focus still on Zhukov. "...."

"What's up? Why the awkward silence?" Zhukov checked on me, trying to decipher my yet unfathomable thoughts.

"...." I remained silent, opting to tidy up the cleaning equipment and put them back in the cleaning room.

Before that, Zhukov sat back down, unwilling to let the awkwardness linger. Remembering names, being friendly, and seeking new experiences were things Zhukov could do.

Zhukov settled back, choosing not to look at me directly, not wanting to undermine my confidence. He was aware of the situation. So, he started the conversation.

"Ah, Rivandy. Something's been on my mind. It might be a bit unsettling for you. So, let me explain something to help you understand better."

I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to say much just because I was wearing a woman's maid outfit, when I should have been wearing a male Classic Maid uniform.

"About men and women. You know. Each gender has its own strengths and weaknesses."

"Men are indeed strong, intelligent, and dominant. Whereas women are gentle, polite, and independent. It doesn't mean women are to be underestimated. They can live longer, achieve more, and are often better at communication."

"You're luckier than most men. Being liked by many women is more advantageous than not. You get to know them. So, you needn't worry about them."

"You're a man. But, you can understand a woman. Being a woman isn't always a bad thing, you know."

"That's why you're liked by both men and women." Zhukov finished his explanation, leaving me speechless and unable to evaluate his words.

Zhukov was right. All genders were equal in the Kingdom of Roshan, unlike other kingdoms where men dominated over women.

"Zhukov." I called out, somewhat stunned and silent upon hearing his wise words, not expecting him to be so supportive in my internal struggle.

Unconsciously, my voice turned feminine. The maid attire and my voice became that of a woman's. Only my face remained unchanged.

Zhukov's expression remained steady. He calmed himself despite the sudden gender change. So, he asked about my condition without changing his sitting posture.

"By the way. Your voice has turned female. Are you alright?" Zhukov asked, slightly taken aback by the feminine voice.

"...." I paused for a moment, hearing my own voice until it shattered my dignity. "Eh?!"

Realizing this, my face turned even redder. Unaware my voice had turned into that of a woman's. If Akishima or the girls heard this, my condition would be jeopardized, and my life would be over.

They might treat me entirely as a woman, erasing any trace of manhood in me. I was still unsure

0