Arc 1 Chapter 5 (4)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Class I Science C: Togetherness >

A tranquil place, not a word uttered, the room cleansed by a chap donning a woman's maid outfit. Not a speck of dust emerged from the hangout's kitchen.

The small room, sparkling clean, was pleasing to the eye without a hint of criticism. A room of nobility must be cleaned daily to maintain its luxurious and classy appearance.

Zhukov Rekovic, a student of Class I Science at Saintek C, began to stifle his laughter, awaiting the embarrassed figure of the maid, fleeing from a cornered situation.

There was no other option. All Zhukov could do was open his book, reading page by page, waiting for someone to return to the gathering place.

In the midst of the suffocating silence, suddenly the quick steps of three lasses broke the quietude, their breaths heavy, cheeks flushed red from exhaustion, clutching their heavy book bags tightly. Zhukov raised an eyebrow, surprised by the sudden arrival of the trio.

"Zhukov!" One of the girls called out to Zhukov, running down the corridor, leaving the other two behind.

"Akishima. Don't run in the corridors!" Zhukov warned, opting to close his book to return the attention.

Regardless, Akishima didn't heed Zhukov's warning. Upon reaching him, she halted, catching her breath after a long walk. Her gaze fixed on Zhukov.

Akishima took a deep breath, trying to stabilize her rapidly beating heart before finally posing a question in an almost urgent tone, "Forget that for a moment! Zhukov, tell me, have you seen Rivandy?" He was like a shadow that disappeared when needed.

"He's off that way, returning cleaning equipment to the cleaning room." Zhukov replied, concealing the secret from his classmate.

"Now, we just have to wait for him. I want to order him to clean my flat." Her breath returning to normal, Akishima planned to assign maid duties to the princely student.

"You're overdoing it. He's not someone to be ordered about by others." Zhukov squinted his eyes, his calm expression rebuking Akishima.

Beside Akishima, to her left, Aurora inquired of the girl in the scarf. "Akishima. Is Rivandy alright?"

Evelyn continued, her eyes still securing the corridor. "Yes, desu. Rivandy never came."

Akishima turned around, her gaze falling on the two anxious girls. She reassured them with a casual word.

"Worry not. Rivandy will turn up, indeed. We can order him about anytime." Akishima boasted, without a hint of worry.

Zhukov, overlooked, still admonished Akishima without changing his expression. "I've told you not to order him to clean your flat!"

After a considerable wait, a lad clad in a maid's uniform appeared, carrying a small chalkboard with white chalk. Whatever the purpose of carrying that item, it was to avoid hearing that feminine voice other than Zhukov's.

"Rivandy. Where have you been all this time?" Akishima greeted, approaching me while the others just exchanged looks.

My steps halted, hiding from others due to discomfort. The small chalkboard shielded me from others' views, at least my face was protected from their harsh stares.

I flipped the chalkboard, wrote with the chalk, and showed it to Akishima. "Return my uniform!"

After reading, Akishima sighed, sensing something amiss with me. "What's wrong with you? You're as shy as Zanyechiva Printesta (The Shy Princess)."

Once again, Akishima compared me to the tales of Roshan Capital. No one knew why I carried that item. It made me hide from Akishima because she treated me like a maid.

There are 99 Tales of Roshan Capital, well-known among both the common folk and nobility. The most famous tales include Krasiva Prince (The Handsome Prince), Glupye Blagorost (The Foolish Noble), Rytsar Chernyt Legiun (The Knight of the Black Legion), and Zanyechiva Printesta (The Shy Princess).

I began to hold the white chalk to write and then showed the writing to Akishima. "Because of you, I have to act like an elder sister."

"Nonsense. Come on, let's head home! I have work for you." Akishima walked leisurely, starting to tug at the collar of the maid's dress with her right hand.

"Help me! I don't want to be a maid anymore!" My writing sent a message to them, but they chose to remain silent and not help me.

It was in vain. No one came to my aid. My face turned red, wishing to scream out, but I couldn't, for it would shock the academy with my feminine voice.

"Should we help him?" Aurora asked, her expression growing somber before turning back to Evelyn.

"No. He's too cute, as cute as Zanyechiva Printesta." Zhukov replied, refusing because I was too cute.

"I want to vomit, desu. I can't bear to look any longer, desu." Evelyn's body shivered, feeling reluctant to help even a little.

[***]

Midway through the first month of autumn, all residents of Roshan Capital were accustomed to wearing scarves, enjoying the daytime with cool air.

Academy students had already left the academy, heading home or to shops to purchase goods. They were saving their monthly allowances to be able to save independently.

Currently, we, two lads and three lasses, were heading home together, walking like typical academy students. The atmosphere around was quite noisy, making it impossible for me to read my small book in peace.

"Rivandy. Are you alright? You're just too cute." Aurora turned to me, holding back laughter because I was too cute in their eyes.

I wrote again on the chalkboard and showed it to Aurora. "I'm fine until I have to wear this maid's uniform. It's embarrassing."

"Next time, wear that cute uniform. I want to hug you like an elder sister." Aurora requested, smiling and feeling comfortable by my side.

"Alright. I'll accept that request." The writing on the small chalkboard was directed at Aurora, not minding her request.

"Nee. Rivany-neesan. Don't be sad, desu. I'll be a good little sister to you, desu." Evelyn gently held my arm with both of her hands.

"Stop calling me that! I'm not an elder sister." My dignity was ruined, asking Evelyn not to call me elder sister through writing.

Zhukov turned his gaze back to Aurora, making sure Akishima's words were true while the self-centered girl was in a good mood.

"Oh, yes. Aurora. I heard you fainted in class. What happened?" Zhukov inquired about the reason both girls had to leave class to be treated in the health room.

"Rivandy's cuteness was so overwhelming, I just fainted. So, I had to be taken to the health room." Aurora's words were light, unimaginable if that cuteness entered their class.

"Me too, desu. The teacher and the other students became more enthusiastic about studying just because of Rivany-neesan, desu."

After hearing their story, Zhukov felt sorry for them as they missed the second lesson. "How dismal. You were unlucky to miss a lesson at such an enthusiastic time."

"Apparently, other classes experienced the same thing. You're remarkable for causing a stir in other classes." Zhukov's explanation further cornered me, stabbing me from within though he had helped me earlier.

Akishima slowed her pace, turning back to the other four academy students.

"The important thing is Rivandy must clean my flat before going home." Akishima displayed her selfishness, ordering someone else to clean her flat.

"You'd better clean your own flat." Zhukov suggested, it wasn't right to order others around.

"I can't! Anyone wearing a maid's uniform is supposed to clean houses and flats. You should know that."

"It's alright, Zhukov. I'll just accept it. Although this maid's outfit makes my body uncomfortable." I wrote on the chalkboard, clutching the maid's skirt tightly.

"Alright then. Just don't let your voice out! Akishima will be shocked." Zhukov advised, giving me a stern hint.

I began to understand, I needed to be careful in my actions. A slight mistake could have serious consequences. That's what I felt.

"Oh, yes. We need to buy the necessary items for our cute elder sister. So she won't be embarrassed." Akishima suggested we all go to the accessory shop to buy something for me.

"There's no need! I don't need those accessories." I erased the small chalkboard and showed the writing to Akishima again.

"It seems I'll be staying over at Rivany-neesan's flat, desu."

"You can't! Little kids should just go home." Akishima was bothered by Evelyn, telling her to go home.

"I won't, desu. I want to stay with my elder sister, desu!" Evelyn refused to back down and was ready to challenge anyone who disturbed her goal.

Akishima and Evelyn argued, fighting over me as a maid and elder sister. Things would become even more complicated if Sheeran were here.

"Rivandy. I'll give you your academy uniform once we get to the flat. I stole it from Akishima's bag while waiting for you." Aurora whispered, showing my uniform hidden behind hers.

"Thank you, Aurora. I'm saved." I sighed, still writing on the chalkboard without making a sound.

After a long walk, Zhukov parted ways with us, saying goodbye and waving his hand. He messaged me not to let that voice out.

Leaving the four of us, one lad dressed as a maid and three girls walking together. Our companionship on the journey couldn't just fade away.

We walked home like a lost family, yet it felt warm and caused envy among other girls. They desired that harmony.

Reluctantly, I had to clean the self-centered girl's flat to avoid any disputes between them. Her room was slightly messy but manageable.

Upon reaching the flat, Evelyn decided to stay over at my place, waiting for me to return after cleaning Akishima's flat. Aurora sneaked in and hid my uniform in the room without anyone noticing.

I could wear it the next day. Evelyn's memory would return to normal, treating me as a lad. I could restore the situation to how it was before.

0