Arc 1 Chapter 1 (4)
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<First Day : Gloomy Girl Bond>

Tuesday, 2 Ucheryc 1464, the second day, the academy students wandered the halls. They take a short break after being in class for quite a while.

A red-black waistcoat with the academy symbol covered the white uniform they were wearing. The uniform was worn for two days and today is the day to wear the uniform.

At 11:56, class is almost over. Only 2 lessons are delivered during the day. After the first lesson, the recess bell rang and they could leave the class and eat in the cafeteria.

The teacher who was teaching the class ended with a heavy sigh. His body drained enough to make a sound and write on the blackboard.

"Okay. Everyone! Today's lesson is over. Save your books and ink tools! You can go home now!"

They rejoice after class ends. The students rushed back to their respective flats.

Most of the students of Spyxtria Academy lived in flats. The academy doesn't provide dormitories like the previous academy. Instead, they give the students a monthly fee. 

550 Aegis was enough to support their living in the capital. The nobles could spend 770 Aegis because they earned a salary of almost 1000 Aegis.

After the teacher left the classroom, there was a girl with sky blue hair in two twin tails with several books that were quite heavy. 

Gloomy situation. She is ignored in the surroundings. Her eyes are indifferent and seem to avoid other people.

She waited for a while before leaving the academy environment and closing herself in. If it is quiet, she will leave the class.

Meanwhile, I and Evelyn were planning to go home together again. However, I still have business in this academy, which is to collect monthly money every 2nd. So, Evelyn goes home first.

I left the bench and rushed home, reached into a small pocket and took out a small book and read leisurely.

However, because I wasn't looking around, a girl bumped into me from the side. The frail body crashed onto the academy floor.

The collision occurred in the classroom. Thick books fell scattered. She screamed in pain. I felt the crash. With sympathy, I closed my booklet and turned to the girl.

"Are you okay?!" 

"...." She didn't answer. The gloomy eyes fell on the thick book.

"Are you hurt?" 

"No! I'm fine."

The girl reflexively picked up the scattered books. However, I took the book and skimmed through it.

"What is this?" I read some of the words on the book cover.

"That ..." She was silent for a moment.

"Hm? Have you read a book this heavy? It's an Encyclopedia, you know." I showed her the book she was reading.

"No! Do not! Give me back my book! I'm fine. Don't worry about me!" The girl was stubborn.

"It does not matter. I will not hurt you. If necessary, I will help you. You can't carry all those books alone."

"At least, you need someone else's help." I took the thick book from her hand to lighten her load.

She's a little guilty. The lightweight makes it useless. Maybe he became gloomy because he felt burdened.

"Oh yeah. I want to take the monthly bill first in the administration room. If you don't mind, come with me! I won't hurt you!" I brought the book and left the class.

Reluctantly, the girl approached me and watched me intensely. The two of us walked side by side. Nothing precedes. Just look straight ahead. That's all I can do.

[***]

The administration room is the room that takes care of the administration of the academy. Students flocked there to collect their monthly money. Now, the administrative money is getting less and less.

Shortly after, we arrived at the administration room and went inside. Without further, I told her to give us a monthly fee.

"Rivandy Lex. Aurora Sentinel." The officer called our names.

"Oh. You are here. You want to take the monthly money, don't you?" The clerk greeted us warmly.

Very weird. We even received hospitality from the administrative manager. I had a strange feeling about the caretaker's friendliness. But, I chose to go home soon. 

"here he is. 550 Aegis. You too, Sweet Lady!" He handed us a bunch of banknotes.

We took quite a doubt. It's a little bigger.

"Thank you for the money, Mister! I go first."

"Thank you for the money, Mister! I will go first."

We left the administration room and the clerk served someone else. However, with quite a different treatment.

We didn't talk though. Our eyes are just straight ahead, not turning. After leaving the academy, we kept our distance because she was a little afraid of me.

[***]

On the way, Aurora was behind me. She walked quite slowly. I don't know where she lives. So, I turned around and asked her.

"Aurora," I called her.

"..."

"I want to know where your flat is. Please show me your flat!" I begged her.

"Um." She took it for granted despite showing a gloomy face.

The conversation stopped. There are no topics to talk about. I've never been in a relationship with a girl like this. A gloomy girl with several burdens on her shoulders.

"Biology Encyclopedia. Maybe, I should look for it in the library." I glanced at the book she was carrying.

Spyxtria Academy Biology Encyclopedia, a book available in the academy library. There are 10 complete books with each 1 book containing 300 pages. This book should not be borrowed. 

After arriving at a place, she stopped in her tracks. my eyes widen slowly. A place he lives in is a place I know. 

"Wait! This is my flat too. Maybe it's next to mine. Maybe. I want to see it." In my heart, I thought of something. 

So, I followed in the footsteps of Aurora in front of me. After arriving at her apartment, we stopped our steps. The apartment room is next door to mine, which is 303.

"This. I gave this to you."

Aurora took it for granted. It's like saying thank you. But, can't "Thank you. I ... promise not to burden you again."

"Don't think like that!"

"Listen to me! You're afraid of me because you think I'll hurt you. Throw that thought away and smile! That smile makes you better." I gave her advice and then left her. 

"...." Aurora was silent. She entered her apartment room with a thick book in her hand. 

[***]

The next day, I was ready to go to the academy. Uniforms, supplies, etc. are ticked off. As soon as I opened the door and walked out, Aurora was in front of me. Still gloomy, no different from yesterday.

No sound came out of her mouth, only giving a fairly dark and uncomfortable-sounding stare.

"Hello. I'm waiting for you."

"It's okay. Come on! Let's go together."

We rushed out of the apartment. There is no talk because we are still not familiar with each other.

On the way, a girl came up to me and hugged me. The hug reminded the principal. The hug felt warm and could drive away anxiety in no time.

"Rivandy!" She shouted and hugged me from the front.

"..." I didn't return Evelyn's hug, both my hands were only near the pockets of the academy trousers.

"Rivandy. I have something, desu. Listen. I see..."

Evelyn glanced at the girl next to me. Her face is cute but with a gloomy mood. Evelyn's curiosity is big enough to know the figure beside me. So, she met Aurora and got acquainted.

"Hello. I'm Evelyn, desu. You are so cute, desu."

"I'm Aurora. nice to meet you."

"Aurora! Cute name, desu! I have something for you. Come on! Let's go to the academy right now!" Evelyn held Aurora's hand and left me alone.

They are quite familiar because they understand each other. Aurora began to remove her gloom and started to smile because of Evelyn's innocent behaviour.

"Come on, Aurora! We need to move quickly!" Evelyn grabbed Aurora's clean hand, directly stepping a thousand times forward.

"Hey, wait for me! Don't leave me alone!" I realised the distance between the two girls and wanted to catch up as soon as possible.

They enjoyed the moment so much that they left me behind. I chased them too fast. It was so fast, I couldn't reach it.

Their footsteps went unnoticed, instantly arriving at the academy gates with their vigour.

After catching her breath, Evelyn let go of Aurora's hand and looked for someone quite important to her.

"Where's Rivandy, desu?"

Aurora just shook her head, not knowing the situation behind her since Evelyn was so eager to run.

She briefly checked around, getting anxious and had been looking for me for a few minutes. However, there was no result from the search...

She thought I had been kidnapped, starting to tear up hard and worrying about the academy students who were about to go inside.

"Rivandy! Where are you, desu?"

"Calm down, Evelyn! We'll find Rivandy! Take it easy."

As soon as I reached the academy gates, I saw Evelyn crying loudly. When I was in front of her eyes, she immediately hugged me, grateful that I had been found.

"You stupid! You left me and thought I was kidnapped!" I scolded Evelyn who hugged me.

"I'm sorry for leaving you, desu!"

From then on, Aurora laughed for the first time, turning into a sweet girl.

I just let out a long sigh, forgetting the incident as soon as possible so that no mistakes would happen again.

"Alright! We're going in right now! Aurora. Stop laughing, it's not funny."

We re-entered the large academy gates and decided to enter the classroom before the academy bell rang.

1