Arc 1 Chapter 3 (1)
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<A Squire: Knights of the Black Legion>

 

10 Ucheryc 1468, the second lesson has ended. The Spyxtria Academy assignments were quite difficult for a layman to do, requiring a bit of reference in the library.

 

Meanwhile, the hallway of the academy was filled with enthusiastic students. The material presented was more mature and easy to understand. Their knowledge is increasing.

 

After the supplementary learning, the girls gave a feeling of gratitude. Besides giving warm hugs, they held back their feelings for the sake of education.

 

Not only that, Printesta Idol paid special attention. They are academy students who became artists as singers and instrumentalists.

 

After classes, they would fill their time by singing and playing instruments with their magic. The four girls had already composed 2-3 songs.

 

Now, there were two girls left who were fast asleep in the corridor. Reluctant to move away from the fragrant smell of a prince.

 

It felt like teaching all the girls was quite tiring.

 

I let out a long sigh after teaching them. In fact, Printesta Idol, which consists of Krasnya, Zheltya, Zelenya, and Sonya, was enthusiastic to get knowledge from me.

 

Now, Aurora and Evelyn are sleeping beside me. Their bodies are smooth and close. If I leave them, they will cry.

 

"These guys. Don't want to stay away from me. I have to clean everything up and then wake them up."

 

While cleaning up all the scattered books, a strangely dressed person suddenly appeared. The figure was wearing the clothes of a knight in a fairy tale book. I don't know what his motive was.

 

A black knight's mask, thick black armour, a sword made of wood, and a brave man approached me. Casually, he posed as if looking for help in trouble.

 

"Hey, Prince! Are you having trouble?"

 

I turned my head towards the knight. Staring expressionlessly, quietly, and wearily. My tongue answered the knight's question while tidying up the Physics and Chemistry books.

 

"No, I'm not. I'm just a little tired. Perhaps, I'll finish my work and go home."

 

"You're pushing yourself too hard." The knight approached me casually.

 

"Hmm. Physics and Chemistry lessons are very tiring if I have to teach them all. So, I have to endure my sleepiness for a while." I yawned softly, maintaining the etiquette and politeness of a civilised student.

 

"I heard that you're being targeted by many girls. They'll probably kidnap you and plan to live the good life."

 

"Save that nonsense! They're not bad people."

 

"I've found some evidence and the four of them, are crazy about you. They started painting your body so they could sleep peacefully."

 

"Huh? Seriously! At least, they developed their talent as painters." I rejected the evidence outright. Giving a positive answer was the best option.

 

"Then, what about these two girls? Did they do anything suspicious?"

 

"They are exhausted. Studying 2 lessons at once made them fall asleep."

 

"I see. I hate maths. I hate it so much, I want to burn my books."

 

The knight showed his hatred for maths. A subject that some people hate. So, it takes intense learning to engage them.

 

"I apologise. I want to go home first. Besides, the academy work will be hard. So, it's necessary to go to the library all the time."

 

"Then, please help me with my maths! I can't do it without the right person."

 

"Sorry. Just do it yourself! I'm already tired. Those girls took all my energy. I need to rest."

 

"You idiot! You accept other girls so easily. In fact, you neglect your health just for them."

 

"That's ...." I tried to continue my pronunciation despite my tongue problem.

 

"That's none of your business! I..."

 

The black knight took my hand and started patting my shoulder. The touch of the knight's hand caused silence in the corridor.

 

"Never mind! Better just take my advice! I'll be your bodyguard. So, girls won't come near you, including them."

 

"Really? I don't trust knights like you yet."

 

After that rejection, the Black Knight grew even more stubborn. Not to be outdone by my doubts.

 

"Never mind! Don't be like that! I don't want you to be seduced by girls so easily."

 

"Fine! I accept it. As long as, don't ever make any evil plans on them! How's that? Agreed?"

 

"Of course it's a deal."

 

The knight and I made a deal. Our two hands connected and shook hands to fulfil our agreement.

 

"Looks like I'm leaving first. If you need my help, use this bell! I'll be watching over you." He gave me the bell before parting ways.

 

The knight left, losing his trail to no one but me.

 

After waking Aurora and Evelyn, we decided to head home and stop somewhere. I guess the cafe at the crossroads was the right choice.

 

[***]

 

It was a bright autumn morning even though it was short. The apartment building was quiet because the sun had just risen. There was no one outside the apartment.

 

A girl dressed neatly. Black clothes complete with attributes. A black miniskirt and a small drum in her hand. She was dressed like a royal parade soldier. 

 

Brown hair down to her shoulders, autumn brown eyes, and a cheerful expression to start the day. Started beating the drum with the stick.

 

The beating of the small drum broke the silence of the apartment. Luring someone out of the apartment with the noise.

 

"Noisy! Who's making noise this early?"

 

Someone came out of the apartment with the door open. Complaining about the sound of the drums from the girl dressed as a royal parade soldier. It was me, the teenager who turned a deaf ear.

 

"Fure! Fure! Pri-nce!" A girl sounded a large drum by beating it, the sound of the drum making an annoying noise. 

 

After searching, I began to stare at her. Letting go of the hand on my ear and starting to protest at the noise.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"I'm a soldier who will guard you from the girls who are already crazy about you." 

 

"Huh? What do you mean? I don't understand."

 

"You can't possibly forget what you did yesterday."

 

He pointed the drumstick at me. As if knowing everything I did yesterday afternoon.

 

"Wait! Aren't you the..."

 

"Don't say that! You're not going to think with your maths brain."

 

"Then, what do you want?"

 

"I order you to go to the academy right now!"

 

"I refuse! Why should I leave right now? It's too early."

 

"I won't let you be attacked by girls with flowers and affection. That's just nonsense."

 

My head was shaking violently, the girl's appearance felt strange, moreover it was inconceivable if this commotion continued. 

 

"I don't quite believe you. You're wearing soldier's clothes. Supposedly, you're ...."

 

"Oh this one?" She pointed at herself while holding the collar. "This is just a costume. I can change into academy clothes once I get to the academy. As long as, no one sees me."

 

"Alright. So, I should leave as soon as possible so that I don't attract their attention. Is that so?"

 

"Yes."

 

I felt like ringing the bell the knight gave me. However, I decided against it. Maybe I'll use it some other time.

 

"Oh yes. I'm Akishima. Akishima Renji."

 

"You can call me Rivandy."

 

We both shook hands. One hand touching is a bond that develops. This girl's bond was quite complicated.

 

"Alright! Time for action!"

 

Akishima suddenly entered my apartment recklessly. I went inside and reprimanded Akishima.

 

"Hey! What are you doing? Get out of my apartment!" I let out a loud noise, clenching my fists in the air. 

 

"But, your apartment is so neat. My room is a little messy."

 

"I'm taking a shower first. Don't touch anything!"

 

I grabbed a towel and rushed to take a shower. However, when I entered the bathroom, Akishima was already in front of my eyes.

 

"What are you doing? You shouldn't be watching me take a bath!"

 

"Hurry up! I don't want to wait any longer."

 

There was no other choice. I had to bathe with the girl's interruption and the noise. The banging of the drums and the cheering interrupted my activities. At least, I could hold back and catch my breath.

 

But, I endured the noise, thinking of it as the sound of a small wind blowing with tranquillity. 

 

To be honest, it had been quiet in this apartment for a long time, so my ears had to adapt to the noise that had just occurred.

 

After breakfast with the sound of drums and support, I left the apartment together with Akishima. There was no Maid Classic, the apartment's caretaker working today.

 

The landlord was still taking care of cleaning up the apartment's surroundings to make it look clean and safe in plain sight.

 

We walked for quite a while, AKishima was behind me, playing a large drum that was fused to his body while making continuous sounds. 

 

"Come on, Rivandy! Don't be late!"

 

"Keep walking! Keep walking! Keep going!"

 

My head felt irritated, quite sick of listening to the sound of interruptions all the time, let alone the sound every day. 

 

"Hey! Do you keep shouting and playing the drums every day?"

 

"Of course not! I don't want to do that."

 

"Why?" I asked her, cocking my eyebrow.

 

"Because I don't want you to be surrounded by other girls who give you a hard time. Do you understand?"

 

I just nodded, letting him follow me from behind. I had no objection to that. 

 

Halfway through the conversation, there was a girl walking from the crossroads.

 

The girl was walking in a good mood, feeling her heart blossom, wanting to meet the person she liked.

 

"I can't wait to see my Prince again!"

 

"Eh? There he is. I want to say hello to him!" Sheeran's eyes found me, wanting to walk over to me.

 

However, there was a girl dressed as a warrior guard, making her emotions quite high and jealousy raging throughout her body. 

 

With anger that couldn't be contained, he started acting aggressively and ran over, swinging his bag in front of the brown-haired girl. 

 

Spontaneously, Akishima instantly turned around and dodged the attack, causing a shock effect from behind, causing me to twist my body to see what was happening.

 

"Don't ever take Darling away from me!" Sheeran's attack caused damage to Akishima's drum, forcing him to get rid of it. 

 

"Eh?! Sheeran?" 

 

"What's he doing here?" Akishima made a stance, making the situation defensive.

 

The two girls' quarrel began. Their hands were preparing to start a fight.

1