Chapter 5: Impatient Patient
704 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Impatient Patient

 

In bed, or maybe while I was pacing in circles around it, I felt a little better than I had earlier.

On the other hand, there was still the issue with my memories. They weren’t being settled so easily as my own. They appeared to be mine, but... not. I still couldn’t make sense of it, so I didn’t try to figure it out anymore. However disjointed they were, these memories were mine and that was all that mattered.

Although being better didn’t mean I was all good.

This cat business. I’d had a look at those ears on my head. They were definitely nice to feel, and their triangular cupped shape made it apparent that they were cat ears, but... these ears were actually a part of me.

Okay, if I had longer hair, maybe I could hide them. As it stood, I look exactly like a cosplayer.

...A really good cosplayer. That would attract unwanted attention.

Another issue I was having was this swishing long white tail of mine. It didn’t exactly have a mind of its own, but it did twists and turns with every movement I made. Even when I swayed my hips, the tail took to following me on the left or right slightly, as if prepared to do a balancing act. Then there was the way it would wave around while I walked like it was luring someone’s attention to my cute little perky ass!

Shrugging, I walked around a little more. Not too sure why I was moving about, just felt the need to stretch my legs.

Honestly, I would’ve liked to have left sooner rather than later.

Being cramped in here was not exactly the happiest part of my day. Yesterday, yes. I’d had a lot happen to me and wanted closure. Now I wanted out. Even the window looked like a promising escape.

Shutting my eyes, I stopped walking and backed up from the window before I did something really stupid.

I took a seat on the edge of my bed. I concentrated inwardly and tried to settle… I guess myself? At least, trying to block the temptations that were propelling me to find an escape.

Until I regained control, maybe I shouldn’t leave. Something in me was not balanced. I was not right in the head.

Either I was running around like I had fire ants in my pants or I was acting irrationally with simple-minded excuses for the commitment to those acts. Like how I’d drunk from the sink or chased the sun’s reflection all morning on my bed!

It must not have been all morning. I was being impatient. Rationally, there would have been a nurse, attendant, or doctor to come check on me at some point. No way were they going to ignore me after discovering the kind of freaky kitty I had become.

With a series of sighs, then a bundle of huffs, and then a follow up of groaning with the time passing; I felt truly bored… or more like, really anxious to get out of there! I had to… I didn’t know.

Something in me wanted out, but there was a purpose behind that something.

A primal desire that burned hot. Whatever it was, it wouldn’t allow me to sit still...

 

 


 

 

Eventually… yeah, I escaped.

They had me take tests. These were actually rather easy to do, or at least tolerable with the thought I’d be getting out of there at some point.

They were simple things like: ”Look here,” or “Walk this way,” or “Stand still and lift your tail without touching it.”

...That last one I didn’t appreciate very much. For some reason, I confused myself by thinking too deeply about what I wasn’t supposed to touch and just stood there dumbstruck. They elaborated, and I performed for them, smiled, finished.

But yeah, things like that. They took saliva, blood, and even a urine sample. That last one was a little difficult to figure out for a first time. Not that I hadn’t discovered how to use a toilet, but the how-to in getting this in a cup. Like, was I supposed to sit up and off the toilet seat, or sit down on my wrist with my hand and cup in the bowl, or… I required help.

They aided me, I got it, they got it, and all was good. With some luck, I’d never have to deal with that humiliating event again. I’d rather get stabbed again than be potty trained once more.

A really annoying task for me before leaving the room, let alone whenever I was to be discharged from this hospital, was pulling up my pants.

...My tail didn’t want to cooperate! Every time I pulled them up, my tail pushed the waistband down enough for these pair of pants to slip and fall down around my thighs -- and I’d have to catch the pair before they’d fall down any further.

It was really irritating me to own this tail...

There might be one good thing in being a girl now and that would be to wear skirts. Not as a means to be girly, but to have the freedom for this damn tail to roam around. Honestly, right now, especially out in public, I wasn’t interested in featuring myself as a girl. I’d rather tuck my tail down a pant-leg and walk on out of there.

After a few more days, I’d had enough. With an agile grace, I slipped out of the hospital practically without ever being seen. I was certain there were cameras that caught me, but nobody called out and tried to stop me.

My old clothes had been a tricky thing to find, but I found them, changed, and skedaddled on out of here.

Straight home, that was my goal.

And I was really not looking forward to the hospital searching for me when I would finally make it home, but worse still was what my dad was going to say when he found all of this out. That was, if he ever did manage to come home. Hell, I didn’t know how I would be capable of showing him my face, let alone standing to speak with him like I was now!

My face, this appearance -- I’d always hated how I appeared. I wasn’t that much different from how I was before, but this was a trim, lithe body, that I had to admit was a pleasing physique… for a girl.

Now I had a body to match this youthful face. I wouldn’t be mistaken for a youngster anymore, but as a weird chick pretending to be a cat.

In that moment, I nearly lost it when I reflected on how I was going to live like this.

Taking in deep and shaky breaths, and breathing them out slow and steady, I managed to gradually regain my composure. I was going to relax and enjoy the freedom from the hospital room. After thinking back on it, I had no idea why I’d felt so very trapped in there. But if I was going to be in that room for one more night, I didn’t know. I probably would’ve started caterwauling!

Unlike the nice and pristine white room of the hospital, I wasn’t sure about the bed, but in comparison: outside was dark and dreary with this constant drizzle. The roads being a not so nice dark bluish slick black that anyone could slip on didn’t give me a fuzzy feeling inside as being on the right road on my way home. And the surrounding beige, or some kind of off-white, apartments didn’t uplift the scenery a single bit in this rain.

It was a depressing sight.

Pocketing my hands into my black pants, I lowered my white-haired head and endured the sorrowful dark day on my way home…

14