Chip in the Moon 1
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Around the time, Gun and King separated.

Chips, walked into the convenience store Moon worked part time, to earn money for the family and for himself but things could be said to be better off since Gun had a shit ton of money at his disposal but it looks like it was the end of the rainbow seeing that they broke up.

Grabbing a basket, he threw in some random items and walked up to the cashier, who was on his phone.

“Welcome, welcome,” Moon said listlessly as he placed his phone down.

He looked up at the man, who stopped in front of him and was surprised. “Why do you look familiar?”

“Is that the first thing you say when you see someone?” Chips asked.

Moon rolled his eyes as he started unpacking the basket. “I said welcome.”

“Again, you didn’t see me when you greeted but whatever. Where’s your brother?” He asked.

Moon paused and looked at him, “Oh right, you work for him. You were with that day when they removed all those gifts from his admirer.”

Chips nodded his head, “I’m Chips.”

“Moon, nice to meet you,” he said as he rang up the items and looked at the box of condoms. He chuckled with a shake of his head, asking, “Don’t you need lube?”

Chips looked at the box in his hand and raised a brow, “Last time I checked, I was good enough to do it without the damn lube.”

Moon nodded, impressed. “Anything else, sir?”

“Call me Chips. And I asked you a question, where is your brother?”

“Why? Is that rich dude not willing to give up?” He asked as he handed Chips a sweet.

Chips shook his head, “It’s a misunderstanding between them. Both are stubborn, so I want to have a chat with your brother.”

Moon shrugged. “He’s involving himself with someone else. I don’t know about his relationship with your boss, but it would be great if you could get my brother away from that asshole. It looks like Gun is using him as a rebound.”

Chips nodded. “Are you close to your brother?”

“Sure, if that’s what you want to call it. We’re family. We’ve been through shit, so we’re close.”

“So, tell me how I can help my boss get back together with your brother?” he asked, leaning on the counter.

Moon stared at him and sighed, “Well, if you need tips, tell your boss he needs to understand, Gun. I don’t know what misunderstanding they have, but Gun was happier with him, although it didn’t last long.”

“So you think he doesn’t understand Gun?” He asked.

Moon shook his head. “From what I know, relationships start with interest, then trust and understanding. If one of those is wrong to begin with, then the relationship won’t last.”

Giving him the cash as he fixed his posture, Chips asked, “So, if I were to find you interesting, where’d we go from here?”

Moon stared at him. “What makes you think I’m interested in men?”

“That’s not what I asked you. Whether you’re interested in men has nothing to do with me, but whether you are interested in me has everything to do with me.”

Moon chuckled with a shake of his head, “Here’s your change, sir. To answer you… I don’t know, never thought about it and I’m not in the mood to consider it.”

“It’ll do you good to consider my offer.”

“Whatever dude,” he said with a chuckle and shook his head as he watched Chips leave the store.

Sighing, he picked his phone up and dialled Gun’s number. The asshole immediately picked up. “Hiiii.”

“Yo.”

“What’s up?”

“One of the men working for your man showed up here asking about you.”

“And?”

“And I told him about you,” he said.

Gun sighed, “Okay Moon, thanks.”

“You good?”

“I’ll be fine,” he said, sounding disheartened.

Moon nodded, ending the call.

*

Throwing popcorn into his mouth as he waited for the movie to start at the cinema, Moon stared at the screen absentmindedly. He had been waiting for this action movie to premiere since it was first mentioned last year.

Someone sat down beside him, popping his personal bubble. Turning to the person, his eyes widened. The lights were still on, so it was easy to see who this person was.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me,” he groaned. “Are you following me?”

Chips smirked. It was his day off by force. He had to match his schedule up with Moon’s if he wanted to catch him out of work hours. 

Reaching over, he took a handful of the popcorn saying, “Na, more like I stalked your ass.”

“And I wonder how you managed that,” Moon said getting up, but Chips grabbed his wrist and pulled him down saying, “Don’t even think about it. You’re going nowhere.”

Moon looked at him, confused. He looked around and saw that everyone else was too preoccupied to be bothered by him that they didn’t know.

Choosing to remain silent, he sat back and stared at the screen. 

Chips grabbed handful after handful of the popcorn that he didn’t pay for, finishing it while the owner lost his appetite but as the movie went on, Moon ignored him.

Chips turned to look at Moon and narrowed his eyes. Smirking, he shook his head and continued watching the movie.

*

“What do you want?” Moon asked him. They were sitting opposite each other in a restaurant with Chips’s nose glued to the menu.

He looked over with a frown. “To eat.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Don’t bullshit me. Popcorn fills no one.”

“It would have if you didn’t eat it!”

Chips scoffed, “Stop acting like a child and choose what you’re going to eat. Don’t worry about the price, I’m buying.”

“I don’t need you to buy my food.”

“Do I look like I care about your opinion?”

“You look like a damn asshole.”

Placing the menu down, he looked at Moon, saying, “Now that we’ve established that, I’m an asshole. How about you calm the fuck down and choose what you’re going to eat? You’re not leaving here on an empty stomach.”

Moon’s glare turned to curiosity as he looked at Chips—weird was what suited him.

I've been looking forward to writing this story.

1