Chapter 1
58 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the shadows of the day and when night comes, the men and women of SOG (Sons of God), the most influential mafia within Thailand, step out to play.

SOG was run under the ruthless leader, King. He was a demon to those that met him and to the ones at his side. He was the most annoying, unpredictable asshole that they couldn’t escape, but he got things done. His status wasn’t all for show.

King opened nightclubs, restaurants, a technology company and, not to mention, everyone paid him for protection.

Women fell at his feet, but the moment they got a taste of him, they’d run and never returned to the beast or his lair. So you could say, he wasn’t at all happy.

Secretly, it was his assistant’s job to find him someone who could keep him on his toes, make him smile and make everyone’s lives easier around here, but who? When will he find this person?

*

The sun shone in a beautiful room decorated with blue bell flowers. The blue bells lived in various painted pots around the room, on the desk, on the windowsill and even some on the floor where the sun could get them. It was easy to guess what the room smelled like because of the flowers.

“Ah, ah, ah, yeah!” Gun sang as he danced, shaking his booty from left to right with excitement and doing moves he picked up from watching the idols on t.v. 

“We do it like this, and then like that,” he continued as he brushed his hair. The door to his room slowly opened as he continued dancing. His brother of age four looked at him, shake his butt around and snickered.

“Gun, I’m hungry,” he said with a bright smile on his face as he jumped on Gun’s bed.

Gun turned around, surprised, and pulled out his earphones. Looking at him, he said, “Boy, you better not make yourself comfortable on my bed. It’s mine.”

Sheng looked at him and said, “Daddy said I must call you.”

Gun rolled his eyes and turned off the music, placing the phone on the nightstand. He picked his brother up and said, “Fine, let’s go. What do you want to eat?”

“Everything,” he answered seriously, making his brother laugh.

Their father raised a brow as they walked in and said, “You’ve been up for an hour already and you still haven’t made breakfast!”

Gun smiled apologetically and said, “Breakfast will be ready soon, soon.”

As he prepared the congee on the stove, his brothers walked in, one by one, and sat down by the table. Greeting each other and Gun too.

He took white deep bowls out of the cupboard and started dishing up. Taking them to the table, he placed one in front of his father, then his brothers.

Only men lived in this home apart from their father’s girlfriend, who’d often come visit on her days off from work. The boys weren’t overly fond of her because they still had their mother around spitting poison in their ears, but Gun was there to balance things out. 

His mother filed for divorce to pursue her dreams as a lawyer, and that was all for show. She had an affair and was caught by the neighbours who called their father. When he arrived on the scene, all he did was stare at her and remove the ring from her fingers. When she got bored with living with them, he didn’t know.

They had been together since university days and have seven children together, with Gun being the third born and gay. He didn’t mind cleaning and taking care of the meals, but there was a deal between the males of this household. They needed to help when he asked and leave him alone when he needed time to himself.

His father placed a kiss on his cheek, “I’m ordering take out tonight. You don’t need to cook.”

Gun raised a brow, “Isn’t that expensive? You didn’t get paid yet.”

Their father smirked. “I didn’t tell you this before, but your father got a promotion at work. I am now the head of the HR department.”

His sons went silent for a moment, then all burst into cheers and laughter.

Gun sat down and they all said grace. Pulling his phone out as he tuned out the noise, he went through all the notifications and messages he received from his friends and classmates. 

He sighed, reminded of the assignments he had to do before the end of the month, which was four weeks away; something he seriously stressed so that he wouldn’t lack when it came to the family.

*

His brows knitted reading a message: Good day. The job you applied for has approved of your application and would like you to come for an interview immediately. Your appointment is at 11 a.m today.

Thank you.

*

He looked at the time on his phone and gasped, “I’m going to be late.”

“Late for what?” His father asked.

Gun shook his head quickly. He didn’t tell them he was job hunting and he wished his father didn’t keep it a secret that he was getting promoted, but everything will work out. He’ll ask to adjust the schedule of his working times to match his university schedule.

“For my nail appointment,” he said.

Sheng glared at his nails, recalling that he went with him last week to do his white gel painted nails and asked, “Don’t you like them?”

Gun look at his little brother, then down at his nails and paled, “Uh, uh, I do, but one of my nails needs to be fixed. I can’t go out there looking like this.”

He got up and rushed upstairs yelling, “Moon, clean everything up, and if you don’t, you won’t get anything to eat for the rest of the week, especially tonight.”

*

In his room, he quickly pulled together an outfit. He specifically mentioned that he needs a job to help with the household, but also to help with the school fees. The monthly amount he would get was just over three thousand dollars, more than what his father paid, and he just took a chance by applying.

After the shower, he pulled on tight black slacks paired with black three-inch heels. A white long-sleeved shirt he rolled up against his stomach from the inside, showing off his belly. He didn’t know if this was appropriate, but what you see is what you get. It was up to the company to decide if they’d hire him.

He had black slacks on and pulled on a jacket as well. Fixing his bangs, he frowned, then quickly gelled it to the side, making a curve to show off the side of his face.

Smiling as he looked at himself in the mirror. He grabbed his phone and wallet and dashed off downstairs. “I’m leaving!” He yelled behind him.

The men were still eating when they saw their crazy brother run off in heels..

“He doesn’t look like he is going to the nail salon,” Moon complained. He wasn’t happy with how he was threatened.

Their father shook his head. “That boy is up to something, but if it is important, he’ll tell us.”

4