Chapter 5
33 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King walked into his office and saw Gun’s jacket was left behind on the couch. He raised a brow as he walked up to the couch and picked it up. There was a strange fragrance coming off of it.

 

Raising it to his face, he took a whiff and recalled the kiss he received on his cheek. It was so innocent. Even the person he had lunch with was so innocent. Looking at the jacket in his hands, he chucked it to the side. His hands didn’t need to taint it—he didn’t even deserve the kiss he got.

 

Sitting down, he closed his eyes and the image of Gun smiling at his words resurface. He was surprised when he smile. It wasn’t even a joke but the younger man found him amusing instead of scary.

 

“Troy,” he called.

 

Troy immediately walked in and saw that his boss had a frown on his face. He was pinching his brows, something he did when he was irritated. “Yes boss.”

 

King opened his eyes and looked at him. “What was that about?”

 

“What do you mean?” He asked.

 

“Do you want me to smash you into this table?” He asked.

 

“No sir,” Troy said, getting to his knees.

 

“Now explain who this Vachirawit Laedeke is and do not leave a detail out,” he said.

 

Troy lifted his gaze and smiled. Standing up, he said, “I placed an ad in the papers to see if I could find you a girlfriend and he applied. Trust me boss, the ad was vague. I was surprised to see his application and thought, what if your relationships never worked out because you are not interested in the opposite sex but in the same sex, so I had him monitored a…”

 

Before he could finish, King smashed his fist into the table, shattering the glass. His hand was bleeding from the glass that pierced his skin. He stood up, glaring at Troy, who was back on his knees, cowering. 

 

“If you ever waste my time like this again, you will regret it!” He said, walking past him.

 

Chips, Delta, and Drew were outside and heard the whole conversation. They didn’t need to look at him to know that he was furious and he wasn’t in the mood for them. They didn’t get reprimanded today, but that didn’t mean they were off the hook.

 

Delta lifted her gaze and saw that he had Gun’s jacket in his hand.

 

*It was only when he got home that he realised ‌he left his jacket behind. He didn’t have the guts to go back and fetch it. He stopped at a convenience store and stocked up on different ‌ramen to get them by.

 

“Where did you get the money to buy all of that?” Moon asked.

 

Gun looked at his brother. “I pulled my luck with a lottery ticket today. It’s not much, but I won two thousand baht.”

 

“You should do it again and buy luxuries.” He said as he packed everything away.

 

Gun nodded with a smirk and said, “I’ll go get ready for university.”

 

“Mn,” Moon complained as he realised he needed to get going too.

 

*Moon and Gun were an age apart. Moon was studying mechanical engineering, whereas Gun was unsure if he wanted to continue with financial management. He read somewhere that chartered accountants make lots of money, but he grew bored with doing finance. 

 

This was his third year, and he had two more to go. He spoke to his father about switching majors and even though his father said yes, he just felt like a financial burden.

 

He sighed and closed his eyes as he leaned against the wall. He had one more class, but it wasn’t for another two hours and his best friend? She was off probably doing who knows what with her boyfriend.

 

Jane or Jay and Gun had met the first day of university. They majored in different courses, but their friendship blossomed the moment they met. Until this year started. It was only three months into the year and she had a crush on the star of the computer engineering course. He was doing his last years this year, and she didn’t want him to leave without knowing that she liked him.

 

Gun told her she should go for it, but regretted it shortly. Jay told him they were now dating and when she introduced Champ to him, he could smell homophobic coming off of him.

 

Their friendship was straining because of him, and she was unaware of it. 

 

“Nong,” someone called him. Opening his eyes, he looked around and saw that it was Champ and his followers. Smiling, he stood up, he folded his hands together, “Good afternoon P’.”

 

“Where’s Jane?” He asked, flicking his gaze away from him.

 

“She had morning classes P’. She should be at home right now,” he said, slightly confused.

 

Champ looked at him, confused and frowned. The corner of his lip twitched. He turned around and walked away. He couldn’t stand him. In his eyes, these gays were disgusting.

 

Gun sighed and sat back down, “If he weren’t her boyfriend…”

 

“How can you stand that?” A trans person walked over to him and sat down.

 

“Who says I am standing it P’? He is dating my friend, and she really likes him,” he said.

 

“I’m not stupid. I see what’s happening. The two of you barely go out anymore because her time is being spent on him,” she said.

 

Gun chuckled, “I know.”

 

“Well, if you need new friends, you are welcome to join me. This weekend we’re going clubbing and we’d love for you to join. You know,  fresh air away from the straight people,” she said.

 

Gun chuckled, nodding his head, “I’d love that P’.”

 

She handed him her phone to put his number in and said, “I’ll call you. And wear something jaw dropping.”

 

Gun smiled after she left and took in a deep breath. Going through his phone, he saw a message from Troy: I almost died after you left. When can you come through again?

 

Gun: On my days off.

 

Troy: What about tomorrow?

 

Gun: Going out with friends.

 

Troy: Let me know where. I’ll magically get him there.

 

Gun: Are you sure this is okay, sir?

 

Troy: Do you not wish to continue? You looked like you enjoyed your time.

 

Gun: I did, but I’m not so sure about it.

 

Troy: Give it another shot and see where this goes.

 

Gun was thinking it over when Troy sent him a picture he secretly took of the two of them. He did not know when it was taken, but they looked good. He was smiling while Kai was looking at him.

 

A smile crept on his face. He couldn’t stop looking at the picture. They looked so good together that it was frightening—that man was frightening.

4