Chapter 107: Real worth of mine…
104 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A woman was walking through a dimly lit corridor.

Adorned in a Victorian maid dress, which stuck close to her curvy body and her silver hair flowed down like a waterfall over her elven ears.

Then when she reached the end of the corridor, there was a huge room being guarded by several female guards.

The guards looked at the elve and bow down their heads and one of them opened the door of the room.

Soon an explosive heat rushed out of the room and assaulted everyone's body, but none phased.

Then the elven woman entered the room, which was bright and hot due to the massive proportion of metals being processed under high heat.

Then the woman scanned the whole room, which was packed with beings of different races.

When her gaze landed on the person she was looking for, she scoffed and started walking toward him.

A person with a muscular frame, a thick long white beard but a short physical build.

He was a dwarf and was currently hammering down a hot ingot with unwavering focus.

Each time he lifted the huge hammer in his grip, his arm muscles would bulge out and even though his brawny body was drenched in sweat, his grey eyes would not even blink when he strikes the metal with unparalleled force.

When the elve reached near him, he put down his hammer and without looking at her, he said, "Why are you here?"

The elven woman in an annoyed tone replied, "How long will it take?"

The dwarven man turned around and looked at the woman with a frown and said, "Do you really think it's that easy?"

"The damn weapon you demanded...it must have been some stupid child who thought of such wea..."

While the dwarf was fuming out, he felt cold steel on his neck which made him stop speaking anything further.

Then the woman's grey eyes looked at the man with disdain. To him felt like his whole existence would be engulfed by those crazed eyes.

Then while pressing the knife a little deeper into his neck, she said, "Listen you piece of shit!"

"I don't care about your whining but don't you ever dare disrespect him!"

"You and your filthy friends are only breathing within these secured walls because 'He' thinks that you guys are skilled with the hammer."

"Don't ever forget that!" she finished speaking and sheathed her knife in a fluent movement.

"Tch!" the man clicked his tongue and looked the other way.

"So how long will it take for the weapon to be forged?" she questioned him again.

The dwarf rubbed his forehead and said, "I'm still trying to figure it out. It's hard to decide on what mineral to use."

"Mythiral would be too brittle and orichalcum would fail in magic conductivity. Give me some time, I will try to experiment with different minerals."

The woman nodded and then questioned him further, "How long we will have to wait for the construction of the east wall?"

"It will take a few months at least. We will make sure it can even withstand attacks from dragons without weathering."

Meera nodded her head and after turning around, started walking away.

When she left the sight of the dwarf, he sighed and mumbled, "Sigh~"

"I thought light elves were hard to deal with. But, there's no one more crazy than that dark elf."

When the elven woman came out of the room, a group of three women were waiting for her at the end of the hall.

"Why do you always get worked up while talking to that old dwarf, Meera Di?" questioned one of them.

The elven woman sighed and after shrugging her shoulders, she said, "I don't know why but for some reason even talking to him irks me!"

'Now if I remember correctly, Master did inquire from me whether I despise Dwarves or not,' Meera thought about the conversation she had with Satvik when he was a young teenager.

Then after shaking her head, Meera looked at the woman in front of her in cherry redhead and questioned, "So, were you able to find information about Clux Guild, Sandhya?"

The woman nodded and said, "Yes! We are ready with the report."

Meera nodded and said, "Tell me everything."

                          ____________________________

It was the weekend and Satvik and Sneha were traversing through the busy market streets.

For the past few weeks, Satvik was earning well and they would always hold a weekend barbeque party.

Hence, Sneha and Satvik went out for shopping ingredients while Heena made preparation at home, while Aria stayed with her to protect the weak wolf.

While Satvik was walking in the market he felt some gaze on his back and without making much movement looked behind him.

However, on the busy streets, it was hard to find the person who was looking at him with such intent.

'It's definitely not Kavya,' he thought while buying meat cuts from the butcher.

After paying the butcher, Satvik picked up Sneha and started running towards an empty alleyway.

"Wh-wahhhhh!" Sneha yelled while flailing her little arms.

When he reached the alleyway, he put his hand on Sneha's mouth and gestured for her to stay put.

Then he drew his kataar and waited for a few moments. Then as he expected, a person adorned in a cloak entered the alleyway after following him.

Without wasting any moment, he pressed the cold blade on the neck of the person that followed them.

"Who are you?" he questioned while hissing.

The person raised his arm in surrender and muttered, "Woah! Mr. Adventurer calm down!"

Satvik frowned and muttered, "It's you!"

The person then removed his cloak and smiled while looking at Satvik.

It was the same student Satvik encountered in the dungeon yesterday, the one who pacified the blonde-haired brat.

 

"I've been looking for you Mr. Adventure!" she said while beaming with a smile.

Satvik carefully sheathed his Kataar but kept his grip on it and muttered, "What do you want?"

The young lady bowed her head and muttered, "I guess, we started on a wrong foot yesterday. I really want to know you."

"My name is Disha K..."

Before she could finish, Satvik raised his hand and said, "Sorry not interested."

After speaking, he picked Sneha who was still looking at the young lady with a frown and started walking away.

"Who was that Bhaiya?" Sneha questioned.

"That's a nobody," Satvik replied instantly.

The young woman heard Satvik's comment and then giggled. Then she flicked her blonde hair while saying, "Oh we will meet again soon, Mr. Adventure and then you'll know the real worth of mine."

*Tch!* Satvik clicked his tongue and thought, 'What a narcissist.'

After seeing Satvik vanish in the busy street, the woman's smile vanished and she turned around as well and started walking in another direction.

When Satvik was a considerable distance from the woman he sighed in relief and thought, 'There were definitely more people...maybe for her protection.'

'Their bloodlust was all over the place. Thank God things didn't turn ugly.'

Sneha was observing Satvik's myriads of expression and muttered, "Maa was right!"

Satvik's train of thoughts halted after listening to Sneha's comment and while smiling he questioned, "About what?"

"You always have a 'Woman' problem no matter where you go," she said in a monotone voice.

Satvik's smile stiffened...

[A/N: Please support me on Patreon and don't forget to join my discord for illustrations.]

3