Chapter 113: Blood Bride: Part1
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun had already set while Satvik was still in the forest running away from the beasts.

Although he still had stamina to move he decided to hide and rest in the night .

Then a thought came to his mind and he mumbled, "Saloni!"

Blood dripped from his right arm on the ground creating a puddle next to him.

Then from the puddle rose an ethereal beauty and she questioned, "Did something happen?"

He gave her a deadpan look and said, "First of all, can't you come out in a less creepy way?"

Saloni said, "If you don't want us to tear your shirt, this is the best way."

"Fine!" he said with a sigh.

"So?" She questioned.

Satvik sat under a tree while resting his back on its girth. Then he tapped the ground next to him while looking at Saloni.

Understanding the meaning of his gesture, she sat next to him a couple of inches away on the ground.

When Saloni was settled, Satvik's gaze went to the moon and he began speaking.

"I'm really for your loss, it must have been hard seeing the heads of your parents rolling on the ground."

Saloni nodded and solemnly looked at the moon and her bangs covered her face. Then she said, "We-We appreciate your concern. But everything is fine. We are the Vampire Queen and not some child."

He could clearly hear her sniffling and wavering voice. Then Satvik moved close to her and caressed her head which made her body flinch and all the emotions she was holding back started pouring out.

Once she cried her heart out, while wiping her tears behind her bangs, she mumbled, "We never got the chance to say goodbye to our parents."

"Our mother was such a kind soul. She never preyed on a sentient being and only drank the blood of people who willingly offered it."

"Our father, he was quite an awkward father but he loved us deeply...they never deserved this."

"It's all because of that damned priestess!" she roared with anger.

Satvik sighed and said, "I can understand. They all are drunk on their power. I know it very well."

Saloni looked at him with a questioning gaze. Understanding her curiosity Satvik waved his severed limb and said, "Well I had my own encounter with a different bitch!"

Then he narrated his own story about he came face to face with the priestess of Patience and Humility went.

Saloni was gazing at his missing arm with slight concern. On the other hand, Satvik stood up and offered her hand and said, "Don't worry!"

"Now that you're my companion, you'll definitely get your revenge."

"I will make sure of it."

"Let's go!"

Saloni took his warm hand and questioned, "Where?"

"I just wanted to see you in action and how you fight. I need to see your fighting style, your strength and weaknesses too," he said.

She frowned at first but nodded after deep thought. She knew very well that she was not a fighter given the fact that she hardly ever had to train.

And if her contracted master can help her with fighting, she would make sure to make that Succubus suffer hell.

Then she closed her eyes and concentrated on her hearing sense to look for prey.

Then she started walking in the North direction, while Satvik followed her.

After a few minutes of walking, they found a monster and hid behind a tree.

Well, at least Saloni took cover behind a tree while Satvik stood behind her.

"Why are you standing behind us? Can't find another tree?" she questioned him with a poker face.

"Well that's a 'Tri-Horn Rhino' and if I'm not wrong that is a Second Rank monster"

"Who can save me from a second Rank monster better than a second Rank Angel!" he said while fluttering his eyes.

"You have no pride of a man, do you?" She questioned.

"Well I prefer to stay alive rather than have useless pride" he muttered.

"So, how do you plan to fight it?" he questioned while skillfully changing the topic.

She gave him a haughty look and said, " Obviously, with my most powerful skill, Blood-manner."

He removed his bandana and then activated his 'Third Eye Active Skill' while hoping that now she was his familiar so her status might be visible.

And as he thought, her status screen was now accessible to him without any restriction.

          ----------------------------

[Name: Saloni]

[Age: 68]

[Race: Nobel Vampire]

[Class: Blood-Mancer]

[Level: 221]

[Title: Benevolent Queen]

[Strength: 1994]

[ Attack: 1995]

[Defence: 2169]

[Agility: 2312]

[Stamina: 2354]

[Mana: 4969]

[Spirit: 700]

[Skill (Active): Blood Mancer (Lvl 8), Haste (Lvl 6), Charm (Lvl 9), Body Transformation (Lvl Max)]

[Skill (Passive): Spatial Awareness (Lvl 7), , Heightened Senses (Lvl 6), Hyper Regeneration (Lvl 7), Spatial Storage.]

[Blessings: N/A]

          ------------------------

"Hmmm, even though you were a Queen, your attributes are quite low" he mumbled under his breath.

Saloni was already mesmerized by his Scarlett eyes which were similar to her's and woke up from daydreaming when she heard him mumble.

"Do you have an analysis skill?" She asked with an astonishing expression.

"Something similar to that" he said.

Basic analysis skills only revealed basic attributes and race but didn't disclose skills, blessings, titles etc.

"Is that the reason your pupils change colour sometimes?" she asked hesitantly.

It was quite rude to ask someone to disclose their skills.

"Yes, that's why your weirdo Master has a Third eye," he said sarcastically while chuckling.

He didn't mind disclosing his secrets, at least some of them to his 'familiar'.

"So your Majesty, do the honour," he said while pointing towards the monster.

Saloni nodded and used her nails to cut her wrist.

She used the blood flowing from her bleeding wrist and transformed it into a short spear of 90 centimetres.

Satvik frowned but before he could even say something, she pointed her finger towards the Rhino.

*Wosh~*

The blood spear zoomed towards the monster.

*Thwackk~*

But ultimately the blood spear failed to injure the monster and burst after colliding with the monster's tough hide and painting him red.

The monster looked in their direction.

"F**k!" Satvik mumbled and pulled Saloni into his embrace.

Then he laid her down while he was on top of her and covered his back with Stone and Air Armament.

The Stone Armament made his skin look like rock and acted as camouflage while Air Armament ensured that their body odour doesn't reach to the monster.

The monster looked in their direction for a while but after a few seconds turned around and walked the other way.

Satvik's face was only a few centimetres away from Saloni's, as she looked at him.

He was sweating bullets right now.

After a few moments, he cancelled his Armament and looked at her.

"First of all, you smell great," he said with a straight face and continued.

"Secondly, we need to move out of here"

"Smell of your blood has spread everywhere. How fast can you run while carrying me?" he finished.

She woke from a daze and said, "Pretty fast."

"Great carry me and run West," after saying that he put his single arm around her neck and looked at her with a serious gaze.

Saloni sighed and picked him up like a princess and ran South with breakneck speed.

After 10 minutes they had covered a few kilometres. He tapped her nape, signalling her to stop.

She stopped and put him down. Satvik started thinking seriously while looking at her.

"Give me a drop of your blood," he said.

She didn't see any reason to ignore his demand and with a little bit of curiosity prick her ring finger with her nails.

A drop of blood squeezed out on her fingertip which Satvik put in his mouth.

The moment her blood touched Satvik's tongue a small amount of Mana enveloped them both.

"Dusst azz I thawwt" he muttered.

[A/N: He said 'Just as I thought.']

Saloni smacked her forehead with her other free hand.

"Wwhav havveened?" he questioned her with a frown while her finger was still in his mouth.

He also noticed the mana fluctuation and was caught off-guard.

*Sighed~* a sigh escaped her mouth.

"We are married now," she said with a deadpan expression.

He let go of her finger and with a sarcastic smile said, "Of course we are."

He thought she was joking but while he was looking at her she mouthed 'Check your status.'

Satvik's smile froze and he checked his status.

                          -----------------

[Name: Satvik Vinashak]

[Age:18]

[Race: Human - Apostle]

[Class: Dancer]

[Level: 32]

[Title: Spouse of Spirit Sovereign, Loved by the Gods, Marked One, Herder, Widower, Avenger]

[Strength:313]

[Attack: 309]

[Defence: 297]

[Agility: 321]

[Stamina: 326]

[Mana:  10,000,498+ 500]

[Spirit: 0]

[Skill (Active):  Tandav (Apostle Skill) Lvl:1, Third Eye (LVL:4), Elemental Aura (Lvl:5) Telepathy (Lvl: 5), Concealment (Lvl: 8)]

[Skill (Passive): Lasya (Lvl: 4), Enchanter (Lvl: 2), Low Heal (Lvl: 2), Resistance (Lvl:3)]

[Blessings: Goddess of Wealth, Goddess of Land, Goddess of Knowledge, God of Serpentine, Sun God, Moon God, God of love and Desire, God of War, Apsara]

[Familiar: Aria, Saloni (Blood-Bride) ]

                      -------------------------------

She looked at Satvik and with a sigh started explaining, "We Vampires ingest our partner's blood to ceremonies our marriage."

"When it's between vampires, it's similar to exchanging rings in human traditions."

"But when it's between a Vampire and any other species, it designates the other person as 'Blood-groom/bride' of the Vampire."

"The vampires perform this ritual to ensure that they can drink the blood of the other half without turning them into a Vampire."

When she finished her explanation a dry laugh escaped Satvik's lips, "he-he-he! Ah, Shiet!"

2