Chapter 21: The Pain And Risks, All Out Of Necessity II
1.6k 1 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 21: The Pain And Risks, All Out Of Necessity II

.................

Yet before the Doctor's very eyes, Yovan twisted into a small dark crow, thus escaping his chains. 

The next moment, the crow's beak dove directly into the doctor's throat. Blood gushed out just as the crow vanished into darkness again.

Yovan wasn't about to give the Mafia boss and his underlings any chance to react because his plans required his existence to remain a secret.

The Mafias were a bit too sloppy. Perhaps they weren't afraid someone would actually escape the chains, or they didn't expect someone to turn into a crow.

There was no barrier between Yovan and the Mafias, and with how quick he was in his crow form, the Mafias were barely able to react.

Just as they pulled out their guns to shoot, the dark crow emerged behind the Mafia head, and almost instantly, it twisted into Yovan's true form. 

Next second, the Mafia head's gun was out of his hands and instead, a bullet was in his head. Screams and gunshots reverberated shortly after as Yovan again turned into his crow form.

The first person to start running was his next target as Yovan appeared behind another Mafia member. Yovan only had one arm, so he could only hold the man's hand tightly, and control it to shoot at the escaping member.

Honestly, Yovan was disgusted by people's cowardliness. Like, why are they escaping? Isn't it better to keep shooting him? That would make things easier for both parties.

Without mercy, the Mafias in the place opened fire at Yovan. However, he was behind their fellow comrade, so the latter had to be a sacrifice for just one bullet to hit Yovan just as he turned into a crow yet again.

And that wasn't the last bullet that hit him. No, in fact, Yovan wasn't doing much to evade their bullets. He seemed to have one goal, one purpose, and that was to eliminate everyone as fast as possible.

Yovan also seemed very weak, definitely not in his prime state, and it wasn't even because of the bullets, but the knife wounds he had on his whole person. Injuries of his own doing.

He was in a shitty state, yet that wasn't the end. Necessity required him to make a sacrifice, a painful risky plan just for the sake of survival. 

It all comes back to the Limitless Countdown. There are many many reasons why he's almost certain it holds no good news.

The screams and gunshots quieted down very quickly, just not for long. The gunshots were heard by almost everyone around the base, so the underlings naturally hurled there.

However, all they found were bodies and puddles of blood, painting a horrifying picture.

The Mafia family was in chaos. They were already informed that Capone Bege might be attacking, so they naturally assume it was his doing. Only someone like him would be able to do that.

It wasn't just those that fell that day, other higher-ups were also eliminated that day, all by bullets or spear-like injuries.

Numerous members died that day under some odd circumstances. Like, most higher-ups were no more.

As per the Mafias' usual rules, the next in command can take control, and that was strangely Francis. So many died to the point that he was the next in command.

Hell, even Francis was left in a terrible state, losing a hand as a result. A depressive atmosphere surrounded the family, one of fear and hopelessness.

Their only saving grace was another rumor spreading around, Capone Bege's next target are the other Mafia families, so they could at least be assured they'd be safe for a while more.

While Francis was trying to completely take over the Mafia family, a dark shadow saw himself out of the area.

The dark crow never left even amidst the chaos. It was merely lying in a dark corner, seeming on the verge of death. The Crow still found enough willpower in himself to barely fly out of the area.

"Aghhh...." Yovan bit his lips with enough force to spill his own blood, but such a small wound was the least of his concern. He felt like he was on the verge of passing out. 

He was in so much unbelievable pain that him keeping consciousness is kind of a miracle. Hell, he shouldn't even be alive with the number of bullet holes all over his body.

His bloody state spoke volumes of his condition because barely any part of him was spared from being painted by his own blood.

"How unluc... *Cough cough*" Even words could barely come out of his mouth without coughing blood with them. He felt like the unluckiest person in the world because he expected things to be so much better.

More bullets hit him than they should as if the world was working against him because in a perfect world, he would've been able to make it to the ship to recover.

Now, however, he couldn't bear to stay in his crow form not a second longer, leading him to fall into the forest and lie on the dirt, barely able to move.

If only he could transform again, but alas, he was in reality. He definitely wasn't on mushrooms, but he wishes he was because the voices approaching him spoke only of bad news.

He wished he was imagining things. His reality, however, is crueler than fiction because his luck dictated that a bunch of pirates would stumble upon him.

"What in the actual fuck!!?" Shock was an understandable reaction to Yovan's state.

"HEy!!!! Napo! Look what we found!" They were definitely pirates, from their clothes to some with patches on their eyes, and the such. Everything about them spoke of piracy.

"He's still breathing?" The giant of a man named Napo, reaching eight feet in height, noted as he got closer. He seems to be the leader of a group of seven. 

"Someone special huh? Bring him in, he would make a good slave." And thus, they carried Yovan toward their ship, treating him a bit too roughly considering his state.

Yovan could do nothing but slowly and surely lose consciousness. They might help in treating him, but he'd much rather if he was left alone.

The progress he had made on Limitless will surely allow him to recover, specifically his high endurance.

He passed out, thus he didn't hear the pirates' horrifying next words which would've surely given him enough power to escape, "Hey Cap, can we use him? Like just for a bit..."

"Yeah yeah, let's just clean him up, and he'll look beautiful hehe,"

The Captain, however, shook his head, "He seems special. Not many can survive in such a state. I'll give him to the boss to use him however he wants... If he survives the trip."

Yovan remained unconscious for just two nights, getting awakened by the yells and noise of celebration. He opened his eyes to a small dark chamber, seeming quite messy.

Even his state was still messy, making it apparent that they didn't do that good of a job treating him. Hell, as Yovan tried to move, he noted that some of the bullets are still lodged within him.

The only good thing was that they lumped some bandages around him in the messiest way possible.

'Ahh, what the fuck is happening,' Yovan listened carefully to the noise, 'Are they partying? Dancing and siniging...'

'What should I do?' Yovan made sure to stay silent because, despite no one being in the chamber with him, there might be someone outside.

He bit his lips again to hold back any groan of pain from coming out and started contemplating his course of action. He could feel the heavy swaying motion of the ship, meaning they were on the move. 

'Francis succeeded, I hope,' That was the only saving grace Yovan saw. His plans as far as he can see worked perfectly if he's taken outside of the equation.

Francis taking over the Mafia family is a key component of Yovan's future survival, so he didn't mind the sacrifice, 'Another deadly situation...'

Yovan slowly stood up with difficulty, using all of his willpower to move. His desire to survive ignited more than ever as made his way to the door... Until he noticed something, "My Earrings? Where are they?"

They're his most valuable assets, one of the only things that followed after him into this world. The memories they hold were strong and deep enough to kindle another emotion in Yovan's dark eyes...

55