Chapter 39: Seizon No Honō I
957 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 39: Seizon No Honō I

................. 

At last, the white vanished as he passed away, his face speaking of pure horror because... Because he felt something being taken away from his insides, just a few pieces of paper.

The victim is named Franky, and he is a shipwright. A specific incident resulted in his body being heavily damaged and requiring him to augment himself into a cyborg, thus how he hid the papers within him.

If there were consequences for what he did, Yovan didn't know, but he can make some assumptions while staying on his ship, far away from Water 7 for more than a week.

He knew that the city would likely be chaotic due to his actions, and if he arrived at the same time the incident took place, he'll be suspected, so he waited.

The Strangers naturally had to go into the city at some point to restock on food among other more important things. 

The soon crew arrived at the gorgeous city and sailed through the canals in the city, looking for a place to dock. 

The first strange thing they faced was a blockade at the entrance of the city, but they seem to be allowing everyone in, but no one out.

The city is mostly compromised of waterways and canals that are used for transportation, almost like roads, often surrounded by sidewalks on the canals. 

The citizens around seem to be using Bulls which are seahorse-like creatures that are attached to boats to move around the city. 

Architecture is also very colorful, often using a tan or peach color for the walls and roofs which are mostly red and semi-circular; nearly all the roofs are of red color and texture.

The Ship moved along the canals that are wide enough for ships to go through, leading them to a dock named Dock One.

"Something is weird..." Bege noted with a frown. This is supposed to be one of the most prosperous cities in Paradise, yet they've seen very few people on the way, and not one ship leaving the docks.

Bege narrowed his eyes, seeming in deep thought. He was almost entirely sure that the city's situation is somehow related to Yovan's actions.

But he said nothing about it, keeping his mouth shut lest someone hears them.

They were easily allowed in the dock by the few people within, one of them taking the liberty of jumping from the dock onto the ship, landing like a feather.

It was a young man, who has big black eyes with 3 eyelashes on top of his eye, and a long rectangular nose. He wore a white cap, a high-collared orange shirt with blue sleeves, jeans, and white sneakers.

With a bright smile, the man loudly introduced himself, "I is Kaku! The best Foreman in Galley-La Company!!"

'That was a nice ad.' Yovan noted as he surveyed the dock, Kaku taking the liberty to introduce the company noticing their obvious interest.

"The Galley-La Company is the most prominent company of shipwrights in the world. It's been established for many years, and we're naturally the best shipwrights in the world." 

Kaku certainly didn't mind boasting, especially when it came to the company's president, "The company is led by Iceburg who is also the mayor of Water 7!! Absolutely the best in the world!!" 

He was certainly energetic, following along with the crew as they walked down the ship into the dock before finally asking, "Now, ladies and gentlemen, what assistance do you require?"

He assumed they'd want to fix their ship considering its obvious worn-out state, but Yovan's answer left him confused, "I'd like to meet the said president Iceburg. What I want is a bit special."

"No can do." This time, it was Kaku who answered, but a slim, pretty woman with blue eyes and glasses. 

Her strawberry-blonde hair seemed to be about shoulder-length though She was keeping it tied up in a bun at the moment.

She was wearing a yellow long-sleeved jacket and high-heel boots along with a black skirt. 

Her expression spoke of seriousness and calmness as she added, "In case you somehow don't know. The city is on lockdown, so the President has to deal with a lot of things."

"Oh, Why? Is it something funny?" Laffitte questioned with curiosity.

"It's a bit funny," The lady stated as she eyed him, "Almost as funny as the scene of you being thrown to jail for sexual harassment, so have some manners from now on please."

"What in the actual..." Laffitte wanted to say something, he really did want to say something that may kindle the fire of chaos.

"Stop... Just let me handle it if you may." Luckily, Yovan stopped him before he could say anything, "You can refer to me as Night. Who might you be? And who should I talk to for my request?"

"Kalifa, just Kalifa," She answered before adding, "There was an emergency in the city, so no one can leave, not even you all, not for another week.

I'm the secretary of President Iceburg, so I'll be looking into your request... Follow me, alone." Afterward, she turned around and started walking away.

"Don't make trouble, alright?" Yovan instructed before following after her, failing to hear what Bege murmured to himself, "I should say that to you... Hopefully, he won't get us into a disaster again."

Galley-La Headquarters, sometimes called Iceburg's Mansion, is the headquarters for the Galley-La Company. 

All shipwrights in Water 7 would come here to restock their supplies, keep ship records and ship blueprints, and take breaks. It is also located in Dock 1, so Yovan didn't have to walk much to reach the main office.

"So what do you want?" Kalifa took a seat on the main chair and brought out a large book, ready to write down his request.

"Galleon, Massive but fast. Also durable enough to handle New World... This is the overall shape I desire." As he spoke, Yovan brought out a large piece of paper, within it was a painting of a Galleon ship.

He worked his memory to its limits to remember how one of his favorite pirate ships looked, Queen Anne's Revenge. Imposing, terrifyingly beautiful, a brutal beast of the sea under Blackbeard.

And well, he drew the ship while giving it a twist of his own, "The budget is 500 hundred Million Beli."

And then there was silence, Kalifa seeming speechless, understandably so. That amount of money is extremely significant, the collection of the Marines' kind donation and Capone Bege's wealth. 

Capone was a crime lord, basically dominating the whole west, so he had quite a lot despite his extravagant spending and general uncare for wealth.

"Adam wood?" After a while, Kalifa questioned.

"Naturally." Yovan nodded.

Treasure Tree Adam is a type of tree whose wood is considered the strongest, highest-quality wood in the world. Its immense rarity makes it highly valuable, being considered a great treasure.

Thus why it's extremely expensive, and Yovan basically had to risk it by cleaning the Marines' treasury if he was to venture into New World. Increasing his chances of survival are of utmost priority.

"This is something I'll have to discuss with the president due to the rarity of the wood. I'll come back to you when that's done, so feel free to find your way around the city in the meantime." Kalifa stated before leading Yovan outside.

She then made her way towards Iceburg who wasn't in his place of residence for basically the entirety of the past week since the lockdown.

He seemed to be looking for someone or something throughout the city along with many of his men, something Yovan noticed as he toured the city while hiding most of his features.

In contrast, Bege seemingly saw it beneath him to hide his exquisite self just like Laffitte. Yovan was a special case, he'd much rather hide his horrifying state.

After speaking with Iceburg, Kalifa made her way back to the headquarter, stealthily slipping into a specific room, and finding two people waiting for her.

"Dodgy eyes, absentminded, regretful, guilty among many other things," Kalifa stated as she took a seat, her demeanor staying just as calm, "And that's despite the seriousness of what I was saying, an interesting customer."

"This is either a bluff or..." The one to speak was oddly Kaku, and he didn't seem enthusiastic like he was before at all. In fact, his tone was very cold.

"It's not a bluff. Iceburg isn't one to leave someone close to him in such a state for a bluff, so he must've left him the blueprints, but now they were stolen." The last person in the room was a tall and slim, yet muscular man with arched eyebrows and a close-shaved goatee. 

He has shoulder-length wavy black hair, and on his shoulder was what's likely a pet pigeon, perched quietly on his right shoulder. The man's name was Rob Lucci.

"Then?"

"The blueprints of Pluton were stolen. That's the only explanation for everything to make sense," Rob stated before narrowing his eyes, "I've kept an eye on Franky for the past few days... His face spoke of a broken man, guilt of failure. I'm certain that the blueprints were stolen."

37