Chapter 45: I Will Survive, So Leave I
848 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 45: I Will Survive, So Leave I

................. 

"Vov! I think we have a visitor, a single visitor?" Kalifa pointed out as she looked into the distance with a frown.

"Thanks, Uglifa," Yovan was polite as usual. He stood up from the crow head and eyed the horizon.

"I would be offended if said by anyone with flesh." Kalifa fired right back.

"And I would be offended if..." Whatever he wanted to say, Yovan stopped as he narrowed his eyes.

The only good thing about the situation was that Seizon No Honō was situated right on the Island. 

Somehow Yovan got it there outside of the water because the Sea Kings living nearby might misbehave and attack it.

Yovan frowned before instructing Kalifa, "Tell the crew to be prepared." 

She went ahead and quickly did so while Yovan went on to prepare himself.

He put on some clothes, tied his grey-ish long hair into a braid, and got himself a flintlock gun. He joined the crew before instructing Kalifa, "Hide in the ship."

And she did without a word. She never participated in their training as she wanted to keep the image of a relatively weak secretary.

Her expression, however, was dark. Whoever is on that ship is ruining their plans, especially if that person is dangerous.

"I don't know exactly who's coming, but they're likely dangerous considering my luck, so are you sure you want to stay, Kaku?" Yovan questioned as he sat down on the ground like usual.

"Huh? Of course I'll stay and kick ass! To... To release some stress from all the beating." Kaku answered while scratching his head.

Yovan turned his attention to the ship closing in on the Island, eyeing it with a frown, 'Can anyone truly be more unlucky than me?'

There was only one person on the small ship. He seemed like a dot to Yovan from such a distance, and soon the ship broke.

It broke because the dot jumped out of it with such force it sent a shockwave through it and into the ocean

The ocean that was once very calm was no longer that. It became violent as the waves moved away in fear.

The dot on the other hand flew high in the sky, slowly approaching until it landed not far from the crew, and it was no longer a dot.

Before them stood a Bahamut, an elderly man with very thick white eyebrows, a long white beard, and a mustache. 

He was truly a Bahamut, reaching 17 feet in height. He is bald, with a dent on the crown of his head, and has the number "12" tattooed on his left temple. 

He sports a pale green shirt with white linings, that shows his chest and round belly. He was also wearing dark yellow pants.

The man's face was reeking with anger, almost completely red. His eyes spoke of nothing but killing intent.

"I've looked far and long for you. I did everything I can just to find you!! And I finally arrived to see your demise under my hands. Did you think you will get away with what you did!!!"

His anger was showing with every word he spoke, becoming more emotional the more he spoke, "I will not kill you, no... I will kill those around you, and I will make you watch..."

He seemingly knew who he was despite Yovan's completely different state, but many things gave away his identity anyway.

'Oh God no,' Yovan felt like committing suicide because before him was none other than Don Chinjao, the head of the Chinjao family.

Yovan kind of remembers him... 'I did almost kill his son, didn't I? What was his name? Booohoo or something, and I kind of blackmailed him.'

He was an enemy, so Yovan certainly kept notes of him in his notebook, so as all things should be, he brought out his notebook and started looking through it.

If Don Chinjao wasn't mad enough, imagine how he'd feel seeing the one that almost killed his son reading something in his presence.

"The fuck are you doing?" Questioned Bege who was quite tense, remembering exactly who is standing before him.

"Refreshing my memory," Yovan shrugged.

Don Chinjao, said to be a rival to Garp In his golden age when he was still a pirate, and he had a bounty of 542,000,000 to show for it, In his golden age of course. 

Now, he is very old and rusty. Plus, Yovan would like to believe that his rivalry with Garp was mostly a rumor because if that's the case, then the entirety of the Strangers will end up dead by dawn.

"Yeah, it's very important to educate yourself in these things," Laffitte seemingly agreed with Yovan.

"Agreed, education is very important." Kaku also nodded profusely.

"Hmm, not wrong," Bege muttered with a stroke of his chin, "Hey, Donchi, wanna join?"

Their purpose became obvious by this point. They want to drive him even more mad to the point he would become irrational.

Well, it worked because watching your son hang between life and death for months could do that to you, let alone the fact that they left him in a horrendous state, completely burnt.

It all happened at once. The entire Island shook as a significant portion of the dark feathers on it started rumbling toward Don. Capone Bege took his fortress form, standing as a barrier between Don and Yovan.

Kaku vanished into the darkness of the feathers, slipping between them. Laffitte released a sound bomb while flying higher.

Don, on the other hand, lunged at Yovan, leaving a crater behind him. His arms turned inky, and seeing the numerous feather shields suddenly assembled between him and Yovan, he punched.

It felt like the entire Island shook, and the air itself started shaking, disintegrating almost every dark feather in his way.

His punch created a fracture in the space before him, a result of Hasshoken, the Chinjao family's infamous Martial Art.

The dark feathers, however, were seemingly infinite as when he destroys a shield, another follows, yet he didn't care, and just continued on with destruction.

The inky matter moving all over his body was more than enough to shrug off most of the attacks against him. 

Neither Yovan's swords of feathers nor Laffitte's sound bombs, Bege's cannonballs, and bullets left a notable wound on him.

Don moved forward without stop... Until he reached Yovan, or he was supposed to reach Yovan, but he wasn't there.

The numerous Dark feathers around obstructed his vision, and somehow at some point, he lost him despite his Kenbunshoku Haki.

Moreover, he couldn't sense him anymore, but somewhere in the vast expanse of dark feathers was a very tiny crow, watching everything from afar.

This is where the group's weakness shone. Their attack power was very low against someone with experience in Busoshoku Haki to the point that they can barely harm him.

Yovan's absence made Don lung at the only other person he could see, Capone Bege in his fortress form.

His speed was way too fast for them to react as he pushed the ground, leaving a crack behind only to appear a second later before the fortress.

"Angel's Hum!!" Just as Don hit the fortress, Laffitte used his newest move, the one he used on Yovan not long ago.

His Devil Fruit is quite special, not specialized in direct combat, but he made use of it to develop some fatal attacks.

It was a Mythical Zoan, Tori Tori No Mi- Model: Siren. It's a hybrid creature with the body of a bird and the head of a human.

In legends, they're traditionally said to live on islands in the sea and use the irresistible charm of their song to lure mariners to their destruction on the rocks surrounding their island.

Other legends say they live along with the Marines and pirates in the sea, swimming about to find victims to lure into the depths of the ocean.

And his singing is naturally phenomenal to the point it actually harmed Don. The Angel's hum was not angelic, it was devilish, enveloping Don in his entirety to the point that he couldn't fully defend himself against it.

Don felt most of his skin getting slightly sliced, but bege on the other hand felt the entirety of his body shake, the front of his fortress was broken.

"Umo Hasshoken!" Just as Don wanted to attack again against all the odds, he heard a resounding voice and words that shocked him as he felt shock travel through him.

Somehow, his family's Martial Arts were being used against him...

40