Chapter 46: I Will Survive, So Leave II
834 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 46: I Will Survive, So Leave II

................. 

"Umo Hasshoken!" Just as Don wanted to attack again against all the odds, he heard a resounding voice and words that shocked him as he felt shock travel through him.

Somehow, his family's Martial Arts were being used against him. He looked down to see about a dozen feathers nailed on his body, only the spots that didn't have Armament Haki.

And he could still feel them vibrating at a specific rhythm. The feathers that once couldn't wound even his bare skin now could. It still couldn't harm him through his Armament Haki.

A few other things happened at the same time. Laffitte left Bege's fortress body before the latter shrunk to his human form. He then vanished along with Laffitte.

Suddenly, all that surrounded Don were dark feathers, floating about and sometimes attacking, but he could sense them, the presence of three people. 

Obviously, there should be another one, but he couldn't sense him, so Don focused entirely on going after the others.

It became a battle of speed and Observation Haki. Don was going after Yovan's crew, but to reach them, he had to go through a heavy ocean of feathers trying to stop him at all cost.

His speed was definitely not something neither Yovan nor the others could keep up with, not without Observation Haki at least.

Yovan had to push his Observation Haki beyond its limits to not only detect every minuscule movement made by Don, and anticipate his actions based on that because he wouldn't be able to react fast enough otherwise.

Not only that, but he also had to keep track of his crew's movement to allow them free motion, negating the possibility of getting stuck between his feathers.

Moreover, he had to allow them clear vision of Don to release all they got at him, from sound bombs to bullets and cannonballs.

The part of Paradise that's most often than not very quiet was now more chaotic than any place in the first half of the grand line. 

Unfortunately, the stomach baron was taking a beating as Don released devastating punches all around, sending shockwaves miles away.

His anger was blinding him from making any plan, but it certainly allowed him to go beyond his limits despite his old age.

It got to the point that his attacks could reach the crew through Yovan's feather shields, all because of Don's intense killing intent.

Their attacks weren't doing much, but that wasn't Yovan's goal. He wanted him to be driven to exhaustion because that's the only way he could see them winning.

That would've been an extremely fatal plan if Yovan had to continuously produce the feathers of desperation, but he didn't have to because the Island was overflowing with them.

The only variable was how long it'd take Don Chinjao to wake up from his stupor of furry... With Yovan's null luck, apparently not long as Don suddenly froze.

There was an unsettling silence for a while before Don opened his mouth to say, "Such is the love I have for my kin, so great it blinds me from what should be done."

Don slowly lifted his face, showing his serene expression, and continued, "I really really needed to release some anger, and I had the luxury to against kids like you all... If only my grandchild Boo would try like you, he would have that luxury too."

He slowly brought his hands together in a clasp, "You're a very cunning kid, and you would've had a bright or a dark future if you didn't attract my ire, so..."

He very much sensed the three presence around retreating backward, but he didn't care because he sensed Yovan. He wasn't sure how, but he did, so he opened his eyes... "Conqueror Haki!!!!"

An invisible wave spread out from Don. It was silent, its only indication was a slight breeze spreading outwards.

However, that simple invisible wave nearly left Kaku on his knees. Even Bege felt his head being split apart by deep pain which would've driven him unconscious if he didn't hold on.

Laffitte, however, was a special case. His face flinched, twisting into a crooked smile, one of twisted satisfaction, "It hurts..."

"It's truly unfortunate," Don remarked as he eyed Yovan. The latter was standing not far from him in his hybrid form, his vast wings blending in with the feathers floating about.

Yovan seemed unfazed, not even a flinch much to Don's surprise. Then again, eyeing Yovan's state could tell anyone that he shouldn't be alive or he should be screaming in pain, but here he is, calm like water.

"I will survive, so leave!" It had been a long time since Yovan yelled because it hurts his throat a bit, but he had to get his voice to reach his crew.

To make sure, Yovan used the feathers of desperation to force them out of the area, far away. Then most of the feathers surrounded the two of Yovan and Don in a barrier.

"Are you giving up?" Don Chinjao calmly asked as he started walking up to Yovan.

"I alone am enough," Yovan murmured as he raised his only arm, and gripped the sword of feathers that formed beside him.

"No," Don responded before kicking the ground, leaving a shockwave behind him, "Hasshoken Ogi: Mukiryu Mukirikugi!!"

Don once had a long pointed head, which gave him his epithet "the Drill". However, after a punch from Garp, his head was forced into a more humble appearance, a dented head.

The drill-shaped head was once his greatest weapon. However, he didn't give up on it despite its dented shape as he hardened it with his Armament Haki.

A split-second later and he was right before Yovan, about to Headbutt him. He completely ignored the fact that Yovan anticipated his move and lined up his sword of feathers with him.

He even ignored the sword itself because it didn't do as much as leave a scratch on his head due to his Armament Haki despite the sword moving at a very specific rhythm, similar to Hasshoken.

It was like time came to a halt as Don very clearly felt Yovan vanishing from his senses, but he could clearly see a small crow appearing in his place.

And it appeared in a place outside of Don's way. Not just that, Don felt a weight falling on him as an immense wave of feathers fell upon him.

However, that still wasn't enough as an immense shockwave was released from his head, seemingly reaching the crow.

If that wasn't enough, Don stood against the ocean of feathers, quickly standing straight despite the weight trying to crush him.

He followed up by punching in the direction of the escaping crow, sending a destructive shockwave that would've certainly put the crow down if not for the feather shield that protected him though not entirely.

Don seemed to be as light as a feather as he tapped the ground to just vanish and appeared in Yovan's way with his hardened punch coming down on him.

Even with all of the advantages surrounding him, Yovan still knew that there was no chance of victory, none at all. 

So he allowed Don's punch to hit him with only a little bit of feathers functioning as armor, all while aligning himself with the punch so that it sends him flying to the sky.

And despite noting Yovan's goal, Don still continued with the punch, knowing that his enemy's chances of survival are close to none.

Yovan seemed physically weak to him. Don's punch was hardened with Armament Haki, along with the use of Hasshoken. Who would survive such a punch?

Don could hear his enemy's bones breaking before his punch even reached him, just as a result of Hasshoken. He could see blood splattering away in all directions.

The head of the Chinjao family could imagine only the utter annihilation of his enemy as a result, leaving nothing but blood and bones.

36