Chapter 47: True Nature I
816 0 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 47: True Nature I

................. 

The head of the Chinjao family could imagine only the utter annihilation of his enemy as a result, leaving nothing blood and bones.

However, the crow was simply sent into the sky, leaving a splatter of blood behind him.

If that wasn't enough, the crow was able to move as he flew away with the ocean of feathers behind him obstructing Don's way and sight.

Don had to break out of the ocean of feathers to see what lies beyond and track his prey.

Bamboozled. Don felt stupified as he saw a colossal crow flying away... It just wasn't a crow but Seizon No Hono, the Strangers' Ship.

It suddenly had wings made of dark feathers, and it seemed to have been flying away for a while.

That's when it dawned on Don. Yovan was not only keeping him distracted and controlling an ocean of feathers, but he was also controlling numerous other feathers to send the ship away.

And now Yovan was flying towards the ship, using bursts of feathers to push him faster.

So Don crouched almost to the ground, his face becoming stern as he hardened his legs with Armament Haki. 

What followed was releasing a powerful shockwave beneath him as he jumped, sending him flying to the sky with an immense speed.

Despite Yovan's advantage, he would've certainly been able to catch up with the ship, but... The crow landed on the Ship's helm, transforming into his hybrid form.

And the moment he landed, Bege yelled, "Activate the Fire Burst!!" His voice was heard as a burst sent the ship flying way faster than it was before.

On the stern of the ship, there was a special engine, responsible solely for acting as a rocket engine when the ship is flying, and its speed wasn't something Don could keep up with for long much to his furry.

Yovan's luck was becoming clearer and clear... It was bleak. He seemingly gets a lot of time of pure luxury before something bad happens, but even his kind of luxury is relative because it includes torturing himself.

The crew remained wary, some on the lockout from the Crow's nest, others standing around Yovan, seemingly protecting him.

"I... I think he's unconscious?" It took a while for someone to notice, and it was Kalifa who was standing right beside him with a frown.

"Hm? What are you on about? He's the one flying us now, n..." Kaku spoke too soon because once he turned his head to eye Yovan, he was faced with his blank eyes.

He wasn't moving, not one bit. He was just seated there, completely unconscious, yet somehow, he was still controlling numerous feathers to form vast dark wings around the ship, allowing it to fly.

Kalifa crouched before Yovan, eyeing his eyes directly before finally surveying his state, "He isn't dead, but he should be?"

There were cracks, like, literally cracks all over his body as if it's been broken inside out, only hidden by the profuse amounts of blood on him.

Kalifa frowned deeply as she brought out a napkin and started gently cleaning his face while instructing, "Prepare a bed in the Sick Bay as well as Bege's doctors."

Capone Bege had a lot of doctors while he was a Mafia head, and some followed him though they were understandably not very good, at least not in comparison to Kureha.

A sense of depression enveloped the Ship for a while. They didn't know what to do, and they were confused.

Laffitte joined them, his expression looking a bit strange. He just eyed Yovan a bit before walking into the ship and coming back soon after with a cap in his hand.

He walked up behind Yovan, crouched, and gently placed the cape on his shoulders. It was an exquisite white cloak with gorgeous golden lines.

The cloak looked phenomenal, made by Laffitte himself. He thought he'd leave it to later as a surprise, but... Things happen.

"Hey?" Things do happen, some as odd as Yovan opening his eyes with a bit of puzzlement, soon gaining an understanding of the situation, "Oh, right!"

And so, Kalifa could only watch a bit speechless as he controlled the Ship to slowly fly down, reaching the water again, and he simply let go, allowing all the feathers to scatter about.

Yovan then eyed Kalifa, giving her a questioning look as she was eyeing him a bit too strangely, "What?"

"N-Nothing?" 

"Okay, you're ugly and good night!" It was a very bizarre sequence of events. Someone that should be dead woke up and acted very normally before passing out again.

And Kalifa couldn't help herself, letting out a cute laugh, followed by everyone around laughing their ass off. His words utterly evaporated any sense of depression trying to crawl into his crew.

He was soon taken into the Sick Bay to be treated alone with Bege who also suffered a bit.

Laffitte was left to take over the helm and steer the ship towards its new destination, one of his own choosing. 

His Devil Fruit's powers are what mainly allowed him to be the great Navigator he is because Sirens know how to guide pirates and Marines to the dangers of the ocean, so they naturally know how to avoid such danger.

"What do you think?" Within the Ship, in his chamber, Kaku question someone with his Den Den Mushi, and that someone was Kalifa.

"The blueprints are likely hidden in Capone Bege's fortress body. They're somewhere in there, but he has full control on the inside, so the chances of stealing it discreetly are none existent." 

She was in her room, seated in a chair while writing some notes. They were discussing their mission as discreetly as possible.

"Threatening them also doesn't seem like a viable option considering they're a bunch of maniacs. We especially can't test Yovan because I do not think any amount of torture would be enough." Kaku had similar observations.

"I also don't think we'll be able to do anything before Bege destroys the blueprints. He'll always have the advantage, so the only way..." Kalifa said with a frown.

"I'll inform the Chief. The only way is to gain their full trust, but it might take some time." Kaku responded.

The call ended, and Kalifa was left to her own thoughts, frowning to herself, "Yovan... Such a weirdo."

She realized something... She genuinely laughed at Yovan's words, and that wasn't supposed to happen. 

It's all an act. She kept telling herself. She just didn't understand why it was so hard to stay emotionless in Yovan's company when it was so easy with Iceburg.

She couldn't help it, the sense of admiration slowly but surely rising within her as she watched someone try harder than she ever did, reach for the sky only to be brought down by misfortune.

The fire of survival in his eyes was too deep, too infective. The ability to achieve so many miracles like they're nothing. His mere existence seems to be a miracle.

She had to wonder if Kaku feels the same, but she'll never ask that question because that might result in being declared a traitor, thus elimination.

Time passed as the Strangers made their way through paradise, and just before reaching it, a certain piece of news reached someone in a certain place.

"Why haven't I heard of him before, Tsuru?" The speaker was a very tall, fair-skinned, and muscular man with a long, braided goatee and a mustache.

He was wearing black-rimmed glasses and a white and gold full Marine admiral uniform that is adorned with medals. 

"Something to do with the CP9. I don't know the full details, but I would certainly like to know. Most importantly, VegaPunk is interested in him." Tsuru responded. She was a tall, thin, and elderly woman with gray hair tied in a bun.

The man frowned as he eyed the wanted poster, "Yovan Night... The newest troublesome figure in paradise with 400 Million Beli as his bounty."

This man is Sengoku the Buddha, the fleet admiral of the Marines, and the absolute authority over them, above everyone else but beneath the World Government.

"The Commander-in-chief must be responsible for this. I'll look into it, but don't get your hopes up because we may not be able to interfere." Sengoku said as he stood up... Misfortune was Yovan's second name. 

39