Chapter 52: You’ll Do It
745 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[37 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 52: You'll Do It

................. 

The Urchin King's moveset was very advanced. Appear. Hit the food with your head. Repeat. Dead. In this case, the enemy was supposed to be dead.

"So good!!"

"Awww!"

"Ammm!"

"Ahn! Ahem, excuse me."

Those were the sound of the crew enjoying the Sea Urchin's meat or to be specific, their Gonads.

"Antarisa! Is there more?" Yovan asked before taking a bite of the delicacy that is Sea Urchins.

Antarisa took time to shake her head before diving in on a huge piece of meat in front of her.

"Mmmthere ism menough for years!" Laffitte pointed out while devouring the meat, slobbering all over that thing... Sea Urchin's meat of course.

"For about two months at this rare." Kalifa corrected.

The crew was relaxing around a campfire, in the middle of the frozen lands, all wearing heavy winter clothing.

Keeping the fire up wasn't too hard considering Yovan was using his feathers as fuel. 

He was the most relaxed of the crew, not as heavily clothed as everyone else. Even more so, he was lying directly on Ice without care, eyeing the sky.

And he can see the sky from the Northern Deep because Bege went ahead and did, destroying the roof to give them a clear view of the entrance they came from.

It oddly lined up with the glowing moon, drawing a smile from Yovan. He can just flap his wings and fly into the sky. 

That made him stroke his left earring, that of the moon, a gift from his father. Both never left his ears, always with him, supporting him to survive and perhaps someday reach the moon.

'I'm happy, but not satisfied... I can go further. I will go further.' Stroking his right earring, the one in the shape of wings made him remember just how far he has soared to reach his current position... He doesn't plan to stop flying anytime soon.

"Cap, where do you think the treasure is?" Kaku wondered with curiosity, hoping Yovan would distract him from the fact that every beast in the Northern Deep hates him and refuses to be his pet.

"The treasure is the memories we make along the way." Yovan shrugged as a hand made out of feathers brought him another plate of Sea Urchin meat.

"What?" Kaku wanted to cry, "But the only memories I made along the way is that beasts hate me? Should I just commit seppuku and get it over with?"

"Is there actually no treasure in here? How do you know?" Laffitte frowned, "And does this mean that there isn't actually a world-destroying weapon hiding here?"

"Ignore him," Bege shook his head with a facepalm. There was supposed to be an unknown treasure, but well, let the kids dream, "Do you truly believe that?"

"Hm? Of course not. My memory is sometimes bad, so the most important thing to me is the notes and paintings I make along the way." Yovan responded with a smile of amusement.

"Sometimes?"

"Sometimes?"

"Sometimes?"

"Sometimes?" Kalifa especially stressed, eyeing Yovan with mockery.

"Why the bullying? I remember your name now, don't I?" Yovan protested the unfairness.

"It only took you a month to memorize my name!! Kalifa! Right, can it be any simpler??" Kalifa yelled back, letting out her own share of frustration.

"Well, if you looked any different, perhaps I would've tried harder to remember your name!" Yovan fired back.

"If your brain wasn't so broken, perhaps you would've been able to see my immaculate beauty. Else, you can go ahead and fuck the 'beautiful' skeletons in cemeteries like yourself!!" Kalifa also fired back.

She also prepared herself for an Uno reverse, but... She got something worse as Yovan murmured, "That kind of sounds hot."

"I'm out."

"I'm out."

"I'm out."

"I'm out."

"Huh? Why?" Yovan glanced at the group strangely before turning to Antarisa completely ignored him, concentrating on the delicacy before her, the tastiest thing she had ever eaten.

"I see," Yovan smiled, nodding to himself, "How should I go about this? Right! I will get some materials for the crew!"

His wings flared as he flew high into the sky, looking down on the Northern Deep. He traced his eyes around the area, detecting every valuable material he could see, mostly consisting of luminescent stones.

Slowly but surely, a storm was brewing around Yovan, one of feathers. However, it quieted down soon after, forming dozens of chains.

knowing of his feathers' weakness when it comes to destructive power, Yovan instead used them to surround the massive Sea King's carcass.

The Urchin's carcass is basically a hard shell outstretching into numerous spiny cords. Yovan lifted the colossal carcass with the feather chains and brought it down on the Northern Deep.

He of course tried to avoid crushing his crew. What Captain would do that? He didn't do his best, but he did enough.

And so, the Northern Deep was in chaos. The crew that's been touring the place could see a massive Urchin shell, concealing the moonlight.

The numerous glowing stones getting thrown about also weren't doing much to keep the crew out of the loop, so it became a war of survival because it was fairly hard to evade everything.

Just like now as Antarisa could be seen still munching on Urchin meat until it sensed something coming, giving her a fright as she jumped away only for the meat to be absolutely squashed.

"Mm?" She stared at the remains for a long time before eyeing Yovan in the sky with... Regret.

And soon, a vast cloud of feathers could be seen leaving the Northern's deep, or what remained of it at least. The crew or Yovan I should say left the place in ruins, a shadow of its previous self.

The massive cloud of feathers was not only transporting the crew but also tons and tons of material, as much as the ship can handle.

Thankfully, Yovan wisely wanted a galleon instead of smaller ships... Well, he just thought they look cool.

Another part of the group made their way to the city of Midori to visit Uncle Mill and see if he found it in his heart to make the figures Yovan asked for.

And soon, Seizon No Hono set out, sailing into the distance. Yovan occupied himself by sorting a few things in the Ship's gallery, starting with two small figurings of his ship.

Mill made only three perfect carbon copies of Seizon No Hono. He left one in the Captain's quarter, his room.

The Gallery was still fairly empty, so if his newest painting, Antarisa is added, there would be only three paintings: The Turtle In Between. Feathers Of Desperation. Antarisa.

He then made his way to the Ship's figurehead, taking a seat on the Crow Head with Antarisa chilling not far from him. She was quite the silent and lazy beast.

"What did you see?" Bege soon joined him, and befitting of the most observant person in the ship, he asked.

"We were the ones under observation since entering the vicinity of the Animal Kingdom... Mill, he never stopped spying on us somehow, probably with Observation Haki. I felt his eyes on me." 

Yovan responded with odd calmness, his energetic side thrown to the side for now.

"I also felt weird the entire time I was there." Bege nodded, not too surprised, "I assume you have no idea who he is?"

Yovan opened his notebook, looking through it for a bit to refresh his memories, "No, but I have a suspicion."

"The obvious?" Bege asked.

"The obvious." Yovan nodded. It was like they were talking in a coded language.

"Should I do it now?" Yovan wondered out loud.

"Yes." Bege nodded despite not really knowing what he was talking about.

"Let me in," Yovan ordered before jumping into Bege's fortress body, in a very isolated chamber closed from all sides.

A cluster of blue smoke manifested before him, slowly turning into Bege's physical form. It's of course merely an image. Bege's real body is still on the ship, looking dazed.

"First of all, did you notice anything of importance?" Yovan asked.

"Kalifa shouldn't be in our crew. To be clearer, the circumstance that led her to join us under Iceburg's instruction still seem incredibly peculiar to me. She's not to be trusted." As if he was expecting the question, Bege spoke like a chatterbox, and he wasn't done just yet.

"By guilt of association, I put Kaku in the same untrustworthy category. Nothing shown across the past months changed my mind." He further pointed out.

"You know something about them, or just about her, so when you feel comfortable telling me, I will be listening." Bege ended on this note.

"I see," A glint passed in Yovan's dark eyes, "I'm glad you are who you are, so I'll put my trust in you."

Yovan opened his notebook and took a deep breath, "Listen to me carefully and do not interrupt. I have a very good idea of how the near future will go. I'm almost certain things will go how I predict they will.

I won't tell you much, but if things do happen as I predict, I'll have to trust you to do some things that no other in the crew can. It might be easy for you, or hard, but either way, you'll do it..." 

36