Chapter 57: My Rising Ego II
702 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[40 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 57: My Rising Ego II

................. 

"I'll allow you to bask in my graceful beauty, one similar to that of your own, so be prepared to faint from..."

"Perfume Femur!!"

He was met by a kick that he was barely able to evade. His speed could only be said to be like that of a turtle in comparison to Hancock, yet he was able to keep up.

His body was very weak, sometimes struggling to even stand up, yet here he is reacting to a kick faster than him by dozens of times.

It was due to two things. First, Observation Haki. The most common usage of this Haki allows the user to sense the presence of others. Mastering this ability would allow the user to see others, even if they are concealed from view or too far to see naturally.

This type of Haki allows the user to see another person through their aura, be it behind buildings, strategically hidden, or camouflaged.

But its most important usage for Yovan so far is Intent Sensing. It allows its user to sense another person's intent to act in the immediate future, especially through bloodlust/killing intent within combat.

It's basically allowing them to predict what someone is going to do, usually seconds prior, in what resembles a pseudo-form of precognition. 

Naturally, one has to have a high mastery in Observation Haki to reach such a state, and Yovan has reached such a state after continuously pushing his limits.

So he pretty much predicted her action, but reacting to it is another matter entirely because one may not be able to react fast enough despite their Observation Haki.

Feather shroud, a move where Yovan uses a thin layer of feathers on his body to control his movement, negating any need for muscle force.

His movement and reaction speed in this state is solely dependent on his mastery over his Devil Fruit and Observation Haki.

Hancock seemed surprised, but that didn't stop her from lifting her long left leg up and bringing it down at Yovan.

So Yovan controlled himself to fall to the ground while moving left in a pose that shouldn't be humanly possible.

His hand, in the meantime, was lightly heading towards Hancock's leg as he just want to touch it, making her frown... Until her Observation Haki warned her of danger.

All alarms went off in her head as she leaped backward using all the strength in her right leg. 

She truly wanted to continue with her attack because anything coming in contact with her legs will simply turn into stone, bar none.

Yovan was left touching the air that seem to be shaking. Something akin to a shockwave erupting from his hand.

Their battle platform was pretty much feathers for Yovan and frozen feathers for Hancock. The same feathers she froze in the air, she was standing on, frowning as she observed Yovan.

She observed him as he gained his left arm back, kind of. A flurry of feathers formed into an arm that grasp a spear of feathers.

Her Observation Haki could clearly see a tiny domain of shockwaves around him, especially traveling to his spear, his feather spear to be specific.

And he started walking towards her. He was walking into danger, but he was feeling absolute confidence in his survival. 

It was confidence that only started to grow to the point that it was overwhelming to the countdown's end. Perhaps it has something to do with his rising willpower or his rising ego.

"look at my face," Yovan smiled, "I look like a skeleton, yet you're having difficulty against me... A bit too fat, no?"

Hancock took a deep breath, holding back her anger as she did a handstand, before leaping towards Yovan in a spin, her long legs reaching for Yovan's head with surprising flexibility.

Anything she strikes, whether animate or inanimate, will instantly turn into stone and, in turn, breaks from the sheer force of her kicks, so Yovan was warry.

It was like a dance with Yovan's peculiar movements and her exquisite kicks. Her kicks were all intent on taking his head off while Yovan's attacks were shockwaves, threatening to destroy Hancock inside out.

If his flexibility and cowardness weren't enough, Yovan never stopped talking freely.

"I can see your panties. They're ugly."

"Aren't you Warlords supposed to be strong?"

"Hm? You're sweating. You look ugly. I don't want to draw you anymore."

"Are those veins popping on your head? Are you Okay?"

"Chill a bit. You wouldn't want your already sweaty face to become even uglier than it already is."

"Why are you drolling? Is it because you're so mad for some reason?"

"You have the emotional control of a child."

"Aren't you supposed to be the empress Boo Hook? Why are..."

It took a while but he finally got on her nerves as she yelled, "You!! I swear on my name as The Snake Empress that I will not stop until I bring you to your knees before me!!"

Her words were very contradictory to her actions as she blew a kiss at Yovan, her kiss giving birth to heart-like bullets.

It appears that her actions weren't so contradictory after all as she leaped at Yovan along with the bullets, breaking her limits when it comes to speed.

It was but a split second before her kick was about to touch Yovan's head. It was but a split second before the Heart bullets could pierce Yovan, and perhaps leave him a crumbling statue.

Only, something happened that Hancock didn't expect. Even her Observation Haki didn't see it coming because... Her Haki was clouded by her erratic emotions.

This type of Haki is known to falter if the user loses their concentration, and it especially falters if someone loses control of their emotions, Yovan's goal exactly.

A metamorphosis happened as Yovan transformed into his crow form, his every so slightly little crow form that allowed all of their attacks to attack basically nothing.

He transformed back to his hybrid form a split second later as her kick passed by, his hand already reaching for her neck. His feather hand grasped a newly formed feather spear, already striking towards her.

[Conqueror's Haki!!!] It was the only thing Hancock could do aside from slightly steeping to the side, choosing to evade his spear at the cost of directly receiving his shockwave hand. 

A wave of Haki was released, a wave only those with the qualities of a king can release. It was the same Haki Don Chinjao released that almost knocked out Bege.

Yovan felt scratching his head. You know that very common itch that every feels occasionally that's so hard to ignore.

But well, he had a bunch of feathers to do that for him as his hand almost came in contact with Hancock, but it didn't touch her skin.

Who knows if her power can turn him into stone just by the virtue of him touching her 'sacred' sweaty body? 

So instead, his hand just stayed there for a split second before he retreated to the opposite side, evading the pink heart that erupted from her the area he hit, almost taking his head off.

More and more hearts erupted from her body as she stumbled backward. Not just that, her crew of pirates, the Kuja pirates started firing numerous arrows at him.

They were understandably worried about her because her neck and chest looked... Cracked, literally. 

So Yovan released several bursts of feathers, forming a large barrier around them, formed primarily of large feathers, numerous feathers.

Yovan didn't hold back not one bit, releasing a shockwave that went on to largely ignore her Armament Haki, and damage her from the insides.

If that wasn't enough, At the same time that he attacked her with Kiryu Hasshoken, a spear of feathers burst out from below and hit her from the back.

Yet much to Yovan's surprise, she was able to defend against it. In fact, she prioritized protecting her back with Armament Haki.

But that left her blazer shredded from the back. Luckily for her, Yovan had constructed a barrier of feathers around them which is as much of a defense as it's a tool to attack her when she lets her guard down.

"You actually hit me? Hancock muttered in shock as she turned around, facing him.

"I would say I was too kind because I avoided hurting your face. Wouldn't wanna make it more ugly than it already is, don't want to faint in horror, do I?" Yovan nodded affirmatively, wanting to get under her skin again.

Yet much to his surprise, Hancock wasn't even paying attention to his words. She seemed to be focusing on something else, her back, "Did you see it?"

"Hm?" Yovan was confused, giving her a questioning look. 

"Don't act clueless!!! You saw the slavery mark!!!" Hancock blew up, screaming in a variety of odd emotions, fear was one of them.

"Huh?" Yovan arched his brow and extended his hand to the right. From the inner pocket of his cape flew out a notebook

He started looking through it right before her much to her dismay, "Hmm, Oh! I see, The World Nobles practice slavery, and they mark them as a brand with the symbol called The Hoof of the Soaring Dragon."

Yovan nodded gratefully at her, "Thank you for refreshing my memory. I totally forgot about it."

36