Chapter 189: I Against The World VIII
240 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.................

Chapter 189: I Against The World VIII

.................

"S-Shall we go?" They had no choice but to go into the darkness, to jump into the abyss to make sure their greatest enemy is forever gone.

The hole was deep, actually miles deep, but soon enough, as they fell, they noticed something, a speck of light in the depths, and horror surfaced on their face.

That alone already told them that even the destructive weapon that is Uranus failed... That was only the start as heard a voice, a voice they never wanted to hear.

"Ah, succeeded?" The voice was puzzled, although satisfied as if he didn't expect such an early success, "Well, that's lovely." 

The voice was jovial, and as the five Elders fell around its source, surrounding it, they realized that they were fucked. 

They absolutely had no idea how the scenery before them was possible at all, beyond common sense, even beyond insanity.

Yovan was alive, still alive, his limbs were regrowing at a ridiculous speed, although it would still take minutes to fully regrow, so that was certainly not what startled them the most.

Yovan's wings already grew back, with an extra pair of wings, making it four pairs of dark wings in total, looking like a fallen archangel, although his wings had a grace to them, gorgeous golden symbols imprinted all over them.

All of those strange symbols, Yovan's eyes possess as they seemed to rotate in a weird way, each time showing a different set of symbols.  

Yet even that wasn't what shocked them the most... Yovan's hair seemed to be composed of flames, long and gorgeous, flailing about, consistent with the sash of flaming smoke around him.

Those were the signs of an awakened Devil Fruit user, so they had to ask themselves, were they fighting an awakened Yovan all this time? But how was that possible when he already possessed so many powers?

First, they thought that his strange teleportation ability was his awakening, which it was but they didn't know that, then they thought that his golden flames was actually the hidden attribute of his Devil Fruit which he kept secret.

What about now? The five Elders were stuck speechless, especially as they realized that Yovan talked. If they could choose, they'd rather fight the irrational Yovan without a doubt.

"Ah, Yo," Yovan smiled as he let out a breath, feeling quite nice. Devil Fruit awakening of Zoan users is supposed to make people go insane or lose their reason, but it made him sane somehow.

That's what he meant by success, although he didn't expect this method to work. He prepared many other methods just in case, but in the end, they were for naught. 

[Devil Fruit: Kakin Kakin no Mi, Model: World Crow: 9999/∞]

The attack forced him to awaken his World Crow Devil Fruit, just like it did back then to his Three-legged Crow Devil Fruit. At this point, Im might as well be the greatest contributor to his success.

[Irrational Survivor: 95%]

Yovan traced his eyes at the five Elders with an interesting smile, none of them willing to make the first move despite the fact that before them was a limbless man.

"Hhahah Yahahaha," Yovan's laugh almost sounded like a giggle of amusement as he felt their fear, "Alright, play with them... I have more important things to do."

As soon as he finished talking, he scattered into numerous feathers before reconstructing again, although this time, he was whole, no longer limbless much to the Elders' dismay.

Yovan then vanished, and in his stead, several doors emerged around the Elders, from which emerged several individuals.

The Elders' worst fear came true, the Pantheon joined the battle. No, it joined all the battles. All Yovan needed to do was make way for them, which is why he appeared right before Im.

Im is without a doubt the most dangerous individual in this World, and if given enough time, she may even surprise Yovan, and she will certainly be able to usurp the Pantheon.

Im plotted against the World Government, all the ancient races, and the whole world, but most importantly, she succeeded and occupied the Empty Throne.

"I'm impressed," Im was seemingly awaiting his arrival, standing above the sea with a saber in her hand, "But I'm also confused."

"Do share your confusion with me," Yovan shrugged as he stood by her side, eyeing the never-ending sea, stretching to the horizon.

"How did you do it? How did you evolve your Devil Fruit?" Im asked with curiosity.

Yovan smiled. Of course Im would make a more accurate observation of his peculiarities, "Let's just say that I have no limits."

"How does it feel?" It was Yovan's turn to ask, "Or how did it feel ruling the World for centuries?"

"Satisfying," Im responded, "It satiated my desires, just knowing that I stand above all, no matter how vain that is, it is what I want."

"What do you think about my rule?" Im then asked.

"Hmm, amazing as in you were able to rule for centuries, but less than adequate... It's more like a child's dream, ruling all without taking on the responsibilities of a ruler or seeking advancement as a whole." Yovan answered.

"It's a child's dream," Im agreed, not seeming offended at all, for he is right. Despite her achievements and power, her rule resulted in little to no advancement. The World even regressed.

She held onto her rule and eliminated all that can threaten it while staying in the shadows, and in the end, only recently did the World start progressing again, albeit slowly.

The World wasn't kind to those who sought progress, and very few like Vegapunk could find a good environment to show their talents. The World is too chaotic, Im's doing herself.

"Do you think you have a chance?" Yovan asked.

"Naturally," Im nodded, confidence clear in her eyes. Despite knowing Yovan's overwhelming power, she wasn't discouraged at all, "There is an end to everything. The end of which of us? let's find out."

"N..." Whatever Yovan wanted to say came to a halt as his wings fluttered, encompassing him within to protect him from a massive Haki Infused punch, reeking of a bit of danger even for him.

His wings fluttered again, unfurling up and sending the attacker flying away, albeit only for a second, but that was enough for Yovan to see the face that was reeking of anger, a familiar face.

"Is this why you think you have a chance," Yovan couldn't help but chuckle as he eyed the son of one of the Pantheon gods, Monkey D. Luffy.

The seriousness on Luffy's face told him all he needed to know... He saw Shanks' head, "Very well, let's start."

14