Chapter 4: To those I used to trust
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These two, now these two betrayed me. Betrayed us." Wren looked up at the poster Carol had pointed to, it had been a couple of months since they had first met, and since then Wren had become more comfortable around her aunt. Carol continued. "As soon as it was announced that People's Hero's could become HEROS, they joined. No thoughts for the people, no thoughts for me, and no thoughts for the danger they garnered from being in the public eye." Wren considered this for a moment "Why didn't you join them?" "I'm sorry?" Wren repeated herself. "Why didn't you join them? You claim they are bad. You claim them not to be trusted. Why?" Carol was silent, then "It's the principal of the matter really. The instant money was offered they ran. They ran and betrayed those who counted on them, so that they could live a comfortable life." "Did you count on them Carol? They still protect the people. You could argue that they do it better than before. Better gear, better training, working with the government rather than against. . ." 

"I remember when I first met you. A little girl, not even old enough to leave class without a toilet pass. You stuttered your way through that first conversation. You still need permission from your teacher, but just now you stood up and called me out." Wren pretended not to notice that Carol was trying to dissuade from the subject. "I didn't get to live your life. I was 14 when I started to get involved with HEROS and villains and in the end everybody died." 

1