Fire is dangerous But Roses Ever More
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I always liked a midnight hunt but this was a different kind of hunt—the type of one I had to take seriously or die. The streets looked empty but my ears picked up pleasureful moans and hiccuping drunks coming from the nearby bar. I jumped off the blue tower thinking of a fire-colored kin I hadn't seen in a while.

I walked into the bar and saw that the fire-colored kin was there. She looked drunk. She probably drank too much vodka or whiskey. "Hey Rose how you doin'." "I'm doing fine." She hiccuped at the end. I looked at the barmaid. She was young. Around her late 20s, anyone would be lucky if they spent the night with her. I did. More than once. She had a curvy beauty of a body. D-cup and plump ass. Oh, her technique. She was also a sexual sorcerer and was Latina. "Get me the Combat Crusader." "Okay," her ass swayed revealing a sexy thong trapped in her butt under her green outfit. She came back with the vodka. Her clothes were telling that she was ready for it. She had robes that showed her bosom. "Why do you want this instead of the Sexy Seductress?" She looked at Rose and understood.

I readied my karambit. "Ready?" I asked. "I'm good," Rose said sounding like someone was nagging at her. I looked to the left and saw the ring I had won many fights in. I swigged the drink and I Instantly felt woozy and aggressive. I walked, or tried to, toward the ring. I looked toward Rose who was on the right side of the ring. Rose pulled her black rose galaxy-designed karambit. I looked at mine and saw no trace of the past kill. Only the firey design I loved. "Ready on the right?" Rose nodded at the referee. "Go on the left?" I nodded. A gun went off signaling the start of the fight.

Rose sprinted towards me with her knife out almost slashing at my stomach but I dodged just in time. She was too fast and got a knick at my red ears. I ignored the pain and blood blending with the fur on my ears. I have lost to her about 59 times to my 60 wins in the past. Recently, as much as I hate to admit it, Rose has kicked my ass the last 20 times we've spared. But Quartz, John, and Ashley are a powerful bunch so she has to keep up somehow. I could see the black blade approach my thigh. See the rules are no deadly strikes and whoever taps out or can't function correctly loses. She misses my left thigh but papercuts my right. At least that's how big I remember Quartz papercuts being. Rose has been recently winning cause she always goes for my legs! She makes it to where I can't stand.

She charged at me but got kneed in the stomach. I saw her recoil from the blow, as in throwing up. An impact like that while drunk can really fuck a stomach up for a while! "Round one goes to Fotia." Healing mages sprang toward Rose. I wondered if Quartz knew she was here. Probably not. Since he doesn't approve of the fights and would never let her go alone if he could. Rose is a bit older than me, about 3 years older. She's 22, I met her about 10 years ago.

I challenged some bullies for picking on a seventh-grader I knew. I was getting my ass kicked and almost got raped before she showed up. Rose almost got sued but I guess my testament saved her money. Those boys are still in jail to this day. Rose fucked them up so bad one couldn't digest solid food ever again. That day I felt so happy I could've exploded. Rose knew I would have to fight again so she spent a few hours training after school each day. This was after she had met Quartz. I considered Rose my teacher and friend. The first few times I could tell she was going easy on me. On my 60th win, I got mad and told her to stop going easy on me. Ever since then, I've had my ass handed to me every time.

Rose was covered in a green light that told me the healing mages were still busy. I looked at my green blade, Prásini. It's part of its design. Green fire blazed on the edge. The full name is Prásini Fotiá. My family was Greek-American and my mom wanted me to know my culture. The farther from the sharpest part the darker the green. Rose helped me get the pay for the blade. She helped my parents sue the potential rapist for about 10k. Fucker was a rich kid. Rose got back to her corner looking like she was in pain.

I looked at the referee and saw a frequent bidder when it came to my fights. Mr. Zorots was a referee known for his fairness. Sure, he had favorites but the most they got from him is about 20% of his bidding wins if it was on the person who won. He'd probably be betting on Rose this time. The gun went off, I rushed toward her. "Let me teach you another thing about combat." She took out her blackish blade. She knead and slashed my stomach in a second. She also elbowed me in the face and like that the 2nd round of our match was over. "Stop leaving your stomach exposed!" Rose yelled at my fallen body before it went dark.

0