c503
257 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The relationship between the Bardia and Grandek family has reached its worst.

Amon Grandek and Citry Grandek arrived at the house hoping to improve the relationship between the two families.

Their words were not lies, and there was a glimmer of hope for a peaceful resolution.

At first, it seemed so, but Amon's father Gareth, who is also the chief of the tribe, sent a letter to father to confirm the meeting.

The situation suddenly changed when the father confirmed the letter from Amon's father.

The content of the letter was a "declaration of war."

Gareth was not interested in a peaceful resolution from the beginning, and the whole thing was a pretense for an invasion of Bardia.

Amon and Citry were used as pawns to stall my father and me.

At the same time, Gareth Grandek led an army of foxmen to invade the "narrow fortress" at the border with Zubera, which was controlled by the Bardia family.

Amon, who had grasped what was happening, was worried about his own situation and the future of the Foxmen, and he became despairing and angry.

He gave up on the Grandeks and decided to rise up, asking for help from my father and myself.

The Bardia family also decided that the only way to solve the problem was to fundamentally change the Grandek family.

After repelling an invasion by Gareth Grandek, they devised a strategy to make Amon the head of the tribe, which he carried out.

The enemy forces on the front line, led by Malbus Grandek, were drawn to the narrow fortress by the Second Order, which was good at magic, and my father and Amon launched a surprise attack on Gareth Grandek in the enemy's main camp.

I was to hold back Elba Grandek, the most troublesome of the enemy forces.

Amon had made a ploy the night before against Rafa Grandek, who was the most powerful after Gareth and Elba.

At this time, a secret agreement was made with her not to move her forces until the situation was settled.

Frankly speaking, without this strategy, it is highly likely that the battle of the narrow fortress would have been lost.

Through various tactics and the precious sacrifices of knights and mercenaries, the Bardia family, together with Amon, succeeded in defeating Gareth Grandek.

"...... is the full story of the events leading up to the Battle of Fortress Narrow and the victory."

As Father bowed his head, the nobles in the audience hall roared with admiration.

There are some things ostensibly withheld or exaggerated in the current explanation.

Especially, it is only the Emperor Empress who has no problem telling them about the secret pact she made with Amon.

If they know, they will be jealous and it will be troublesome.

But this explanation does not stop there.

"I see. It was a wonderful work, just as the information and rumors had said. However, I hear that the army of the Foxmen led by Gareth exceeded 60,000. On the other hand, Rainer. I heard that the knights you led, including mercenaries and militia, numbered less than 9,000. Besides strategy and surprise, did you use anything special?"

When His Majesty Irwin asked with a blank expression on his face, Father cut in, "As you say."

"In fact, this victory was due to a sickness that my wife, Nanalee, has been suffering from. This victory was due in large part to the side effects of a medicine that we had been researching and developing in Bardia to treat the disease that my wife, Nanalee, suffers from, depletion of magic power.'

"The disease was supposed to be a deadly illness for which a cure had not yet been found. I had not heard that Nanalee had been afflicted with this disease."

"I apologize. I am sorry. Because of my wife, Nanalee's wishes, I did not disclose to the public that she was bedridden or the name of the disease. Now, thanks to the effects of the two medicines we have successfully developed, she is gradually improving her health."

The aristocrats were surprised to hear this.

There was a possibility that one of the diseases that had been considered incurable could now be cured.

This is a natural reaction.

Even within the Bardia family, there are only a limited number of people who are aware of the fact that mother is suffering from a magical power depletion disorder.

It seems that father was very careful not to leak any information, and no one outside the family would know about it.

"I see, that's wonderful news. And now, Rainer. What side effects did the medicine for magic depletion have?"

"The first medicine we developed did not have the power to cure the disease completely. However, it did succeed in reducing the symptoms of magic depletion. In other words, we were able to confirm its effectiveness in restoring magical power."

The nobles in the audience hall gasped, and a woman leapt out of the room, looking excited.

Her shoulder-length hair is 70% shimmering blonde and the remaining 30% shiny black.

She wears a luxurious dress that is as gorgeous and unique as her Majesty Matilda's.

"It's an effect that restores magic power. That's impossible. The medicine to restore magic power is a medicine that many countries are trying to make even now. Those with limited knowledge of magic, magical powers, and pharmacy, much less those who are not in their own country, are the ones who are trying to make it. It is not something that can be created by the research of a single nobleman, much less a country."

"Yes, that's right. The Duke of the Glades is right."

Count Roland raised his voice as if to intervene, but she wrinkled her brow and scolded him.

"Who asked you to speak? You have no right to interrupt me, a duke. You, the Count, will keep your mouth shut."

A strong rebuke echoed through the audience chamber, and silence fell.

She is the current head of the Duchess of Rutherville, the Duke of Glades Rutherville, which has existed since the founding of the empire.

The Duchesse de Razaville is said to be one of the best in magic and knowledge among the many noble families.

I learned about her as a person to watch out for when I studied about Imperial nobility.

The Duke of Glades belongs to the conservative faction of the imperial nobility, but he seems to be the leader of the imperial purists, whose extreme words and actions are unbearable.

"I have overstepped my bounds, I am sorry."

Count Laurent bowed to her with a sour look on his face.

But I couldn't help but notice what she had just said.

"Duke of Grays, I have something to say to you."

She narrowed her eyes with pleasure when I asked her in awe.

"Well, unlike some people, you seem to know exactly who you are," she said. What is it?"

"I am afraid to be so presumptuous, but let me tell you something. My father and I were struggling desperately to develop a cure for my mother, who was suffering from magic depletion. To call it "mere" is a bit much, even for a duke."

"It is true that it is not something that a nobleman can develop, no matter how phrased. It is not an exaggeration at all."

I suppressed my emotions and told her calmly, but she cowered her shoulders in dismay and made a frightened face.

'That's enough, both of you."

His Majesty Irwin coughed as he caught the ear of the place.

"I can't deny that I was a little less than considerate in what I said to Grays, considering the state of affairs of Rainer and Rid. However, we succeeded in developing a medicine that all the countries were trying to produce with the combined efforts of only one noble family's research. It is also true that this was not an easy task. Rainer, was there something special behind the success?"

Yes, there was. The success of the development of the magic restorative medicine was largely due to the power of a certain woman. She is waiting outside the door. May I introduce her to Your Majesty?

"That's interesting. I would be happy to meet her.

As His Majesty and the others nodded forward, the door to the audience hall slowly opened.

There was a person whom I also knew very well, standing in awe.

She stepped forward and lined up beside her father, staring straight at His Majesty before bowing.

'Your Majesty Irwin, it has been a very long time. My name is Sandra Ernest."

4