c504
265 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Sandra ...... Sandra Ernesto?'

The Duke of the Glades shouts in shock, and the audience hall is in uproar.

"Everyone calm down."

His Majesty Irwin, after a few words to the nobles, turned his attention to Sandra.

"It's been a few years, it sure has been a long time. Have you been well, Sandra?"

"Yes, I am. I have been living in Bardia thanks to the kindness of the frontier count Reiner."

Sandra was the teacher who taught me magic and was also my mother's doctor.

Originally, she was a brilliant and talented person who was selected to be the director of the "Imperial Magical Institute," which was established by gathering talented people regardless of their status to create magic restorative medicine.

However, it seems that some nobles did not like the fact that the budget was given to people gathered regardless of their status.

They harassed her in various ways, and the talented people she had gathered left the institute one after another.

As a result, the research did not progress as expected, and without any results, Sandra was forced to step down as a result of her responsibilities and was forced to leave the Imperial Capital.

It was my father who gave her a helping hand.

Father, who had gathered various documents and information in order to save Mother, was also apparently aware of Sandra's talent.

However, when he saw how talented people were leaving one after another, and even the talented Sandra was stepping down, he was said to be deeply upset.

This was before I had regained my memory, so I guess my father must have had faint hopes that my mother might be saved.

He was understandably angry that his hopes had been crushed before his eyes.

In order to save mother, I think father had such thoughts that might lead to something somewhere .......

Oh, I see. So we can assume that as a result of your independent research in the Bardia territory, you have completed the 'magic restorative'?

"Your Majesty is correct. To be more precise, it was born from a combination of various fortuitous coincidences during the research and development of the healing medicine for Nanalee, the wife of the frontier count Reiner."

Sandra bowed, and exclamations of admiration leaked out from all over the place.

"Please wait. If Sandra completed the "magic restorative," it means that she appropriated the knowledge she obtained in the laboratory. Therefore, the completion of the "magic restorative" is an achievement of the institute."

The Duke Grays leaped forward, his voice rising.

The director's successor after Sandra left the Imperial Magical Research Institute is said to be the person recommended by the Duke Grays, but I've heard that the results have not been good.

The fact that Sandra has perfected a potion for restoring magical powers is a loss of face for the Duke of Grays.

However, how dare he ask her to give him her achievements?

The thickness of his face may be remarkable.

Sandra smiled wryly and shook her head at the almost false accusation.

"This is a strange statement. I resigned as head of the institute because 'no progress has been made and no results have been produced. The Duke =Grays and all of you present here know this very well. Therefore, I am sorry to say that I have very little knowledge from the Institute."

"Are you going to discuss this with me, a being who does not even have a title ......?"

 

The Duke Grays, with a look that could kill a man with a glance alone, was horrified, but Sandra was unconcerned, cowered her shoulders, and played along.

No, no, no, I'm just telling you the truth based on my past experiences and memories. A lie becomes a fact if you tell it a hundred times. ...... You don't really think that the current head of the Razaville family, who is renowned for his magical studies, whom you were "very indebted" to when you were at the institute, could be making such a wild statement? I don't believe that the Duke Grays , the current head of the House of Razaville, who was "very helpful" to us at the institute, would put such nonsense into practice himself. No, not in the slightest."

"The little bitch is ......"

Sandra and the Duke Grays.

The two are smiling, but they are sparked by a tremendous gaze.

Everyone in the audience chamber gasped at the bizarre atmosphere, and then Her Majesty Matilda cleared her throat.

"You two, put that aside. Let's hear about the 'various coincidences' that Sandra mentioned. Then we will soon find out where the success of the development lies. Very well, Your Majesty."

"Ummm... Yes, that's right. Well, then, Sandra. Let's hear it again."

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty."

Sandra looked up with a nod of the head and began to politely explain how the magic restoration medicine was developed.

After arriving in the Bardia territory, Sandra began researching ways to cure mother's magical power depletion, but she was unable to achieve any results.

One day, I, my father's son, with a single-minded desire to help my mother, turned my attention to a "certain story" and told it to her, who was also my magic teacher.

The story is a tale from the Elven nation of Astoria.

In order to save his family, who were getting weaker day by day, the child went through a deep forest and faced various challenges presented by the god of the forest. As a result, he obtains a medicinal herb that shines in the moonlight. When he gives it to his weak family members, they quickly recover.

How could I, in Bardia territory, read this old story passed down in Astoria?

It was because my father had bought every piece of literature he could find that might help my mother's treatment.

In the library of the mansion, there were a large number of materials and traditions related to medicinal herbs from many countries.

Sandra was skeptical at first, but I passionately said, 'There must be something in these herbal traditions that is the source of this information."

With no clues to a cure, Sandra, pushed by her enthusiasm, consulted the Christie Trading Company, which had a sales channels in Astoria, as if clinging to a straw.

As a result, she succeeded in obtaining "Moonlight Grass," a medicinal herb that glows in response to the moonlight in the story.

After processing it into pills and administering them, there were signs that Mother's health was improving.

However, Mother's condition was never completely cured, and the research and development of a special medicine for "magical power depletion" continued while administering a cure using moonlight herbs.

Sandra explained that the dark elf Nikique, who was independently researching "magical power depletion" in the Kingdom of Renalute, and I met by chance, and we found a medicinal herb that would lead to a special medicine.

'Based on the above circumstances, there is no doubt that the pills made from the moonlight herb in the process of treating Nanalee-sama have the effect of restoring her magical power. In addition, the symptoms of magical power depletion improved when the medicine developed using the medicinal herbs obtained in Renalute was used in combination. Currently, Nanalee-sama is recovering to the point where she is able to carry out rehabilitation."

The nobles in the audience hall were staring at Sandra tightly with bated breath.

"The discovery of the raw materials for the magic restoration medicine and the special medicine for magic depletion that I just told you about was a complete coincidence. If I had to say something, I would say that it was a coincidence that Count Rainer and his son, Master Rid, struggled so hard to save Nanalee-sama. It is a coincidence that their actions brought about this discovery. Therefore, it is not at all what the Duke Grays said about "misappropriation of knowledge obtained at the institute. I am sure that the Bardia family is to be credited for the large amount of money they have invested in gathering those who left the institute, including myself."

Sandra proudly tells Their Majesties and the nobles.

Of course, everything she explained had been discussed beforehand.

In the battle of the narrow fortress, I distributed all the magic recovery medicine I could find to all the trusted knights and the second knighthood.

It was only a matter of time before the existence of the magic restorative medicine would be made public, even if it was kept under tight covers.

The decision to make the potion public was made after Mother's magic depletion was on track to be completely cured and the production system for the medicinal herbs that would be used as raw materials was in place in cooperation with Renalute.

Naturally, the father notified Their Majesties in advance and had a meeting with them.

"...... You little bitch!"

The Duke Grays bites his navel and is horrified, but Sandra has a smug look on her face and blows away the whole thing.

The two of them seem to have a lot of grudges and connections.

"I understand the details. It is a miracle that the coincidences born from Rainer and Rid's desperate desire have come together, huh?"

"Yes, it is a miracle. But the world is made up of such coincidences, isn't it, Your Majesty?"

"Yes, Matilda is right."

Both of their Majesties looked at each other in agreement, and then His Majesty Irwin looked at Sandra again.

" Sandra . I have heard that you are not in touch with your family, the Ernestos. Is that correct?"

"...... Yes, that is correct. I am ashamed to admit that, whatever the circumstances, I have failed to produce results as head of the institute. Therefore, I offered my family my resignation."

Well, that must have been hard for you. But, Sandra. The development of medicines to restore magic power and special remedies for magic depletion. In addition, you saved Nanny, the wife of frontier count Rainer. These are more than enough achievements to redeem your honor. Therefore, although it is unusual, I give you the new family name of "Florite" and bestow upon you the title of Count. From now on, you may address yourself as 'Sandra Florite."

The emperor smiled wryly, causing the nobles in the audience hall to make a commotion.

But Sandra shook her head calmly.

"Your Majesty, with all due respect, I must decline the title of 'Count'.

The nobles' eyes widen in surprise.

She once again drew all the attention in the hall.

4