c507
128 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'...... I'm not making this statement considering the aftereffects of magical depletion sickness.'

"I see. But you don't deny that there is a problem of succession, right? If His Highness Kiel and Meldy were to marry, if something were to happen to Rid, ...... according to current imperial law, His Highness Kiel would be the heir to the House of Bardia. Are you sure about this as well?"

Her Majesty Matilda's brow is wrinkled as she covers her mouth with her fan, but she does not reply.

In case something happens to me ......?

What does Sir Bergamot intend to do with this hypothetical situation?

The color of the eyes of the nobles changed as they twisted their heads and looked around casually.

The main people are the "innovators," but even the conservative Duke of Grays seems to be interested in watching the process.

I wonder if there are people who are trying to kill me in order to take away Bardia's profit.

As the exchange he had had with my father on the way to the imperial capital replayed in my mind, Lord Bergamot coughed and caught my attention.

'Let us take the silence as an affirmation. Everyone, I wish for the future of the Empire and the peace that Her Majesty Matilda mentioned, and I hope that those of you who agree to the engagement between His Highness Kiel and Lady Meldy will give a big round of applause."

As Lord Bergamot bowed with a gesture of acting, a few claps began to ring out from the nobles here and there, and in no time at all, the applause was loud and clear.

"Hm. Almost all of you here are in favor of the engagement between the two of them. " "It seems that almost everyone present here agrees with His Majesty Matilda's opinion regarding the betrothal of the two of them."

"Please wait."

When I raised my voice to interrupt the flow, Sir Bergamot wrinkled his brow and glared at me.

I will not let him do as he pleases.

'What is it, Rid?"

Her Majesty Matilda turned her gaze toward us with her mouth covered by her fan.

"I'm afraid I have to tell you something. There have been a lot of opinions on the matter, what does His Highness the Second Prince Kiel think about it?"

I looked at Kiel, who was standing beside Their Majesties, and then glanced at Lord Bergamot with a sideways glance.

"I have just summarized what Lord Bergamot has just said, and it seems that he is saying that His Highness Prince Kiel, who has the right to succeed to the throne, should be the heir to the Bardian territory, just in case he is not. However, I think it would be a little impolite for Lord Bergamot to take the initiative here, even if Their Majesties are the ones to do so."

When I told him this, Lord Bergamot's face turned clumsy for a moment, but then he immediately smiled and shook his head.

'...... this is a terrible insinuation. I only made the statement to confirm the truth of what Her Majesty 'Matilda' said. I never lacked respect for Their Majesties and Highnesses."

"Lord Bergamot. With all due respect, you are not the one to decide that. It is Their Majesties and His Highness Prince Kiel who have been named."

I dared to narrow my eyes and smile back at him, and Lord Bergamot was stunned and blinked his eyes.

At that moment, the audience hall was filled with the Emperor's hearty laughter.

'Oh no, Bergamot. Lydd has got one over on me. Whatever you say, it is indeed up to us to decide whether it is disrespectful or not. This time we have gone a little too far."

"......It is true that I was out of line. I am sorry."

As Lord Bergamot bowed deeply in frustration, the emperor changed his gaze.

"How did you feel about what I just said, Kiel? Tell me honestly."

"...... I do."

Kiel looked around at me, my father, Lord Bergamot, and the nobles.

:I am sure Lord Bergamot is not to blame, as this is only an argument. Besides, if you call this exchange 'disrespectful,' it will discourage everyone from voicing their opinions in future meetings.:

Keel said this and turned his meaningful gaze toward us for a moment before smiling.

"By the way, I am not interested in the throne. Therefore, if it is necessary for the future and peace of the empire, I will gladly accept the engagement to the daughter of the Bardia family, Meldy Bardia. I have seen her several times from the portrait given to me by my mother."

"Yes. ......"

Mel's ...... portrait.

When did she get that stuff?

I've corresponded with Kiel several times, but I've never heard from him.

Yet, I had never heard of such a thing from him, not even in the prior meeting with Their Majesties this time.

When I looked at His Majesty Matilda in dismay, she covered her mouth with her fan and swept her gaze.

Her Majesty Matilda is very dangerous. It's dangerous."

Suddenly, I remembered the words Chris had written in a letter to me when she first came to the capital.

I see, so this is what she was talking about.

I still don't know what her clear intention was, but I guess Her Majesty Matilda had intended from the beginning to create a trend to get Kiel and Meldy engaged at this meeting.

Perhaps she had also folded in Lord Bergamot's statement.

"Oh, is that so? Then, Rainer. I'm sorry to ask this on such short notice, but I'd like to marry Kiel and Meldy off.

The emperor rubbed his chin and looked unconcerned, as if he knew everything.

"...... the raccoon dog and the vixen."

The father spat out in a whisper that even I, standing next to him, could only faintly hear, and bowed his head in awe.

I am honored to hear that His Highness Kiel and my daughter will be related. I cannot tell you how honored I am to hear this.

"Well, I guess it's settled."

"Your Majesty, may I have a word?"

"Yes, what is it?"

When the emperor asked back, Matilda smiled with narrowed eyes.

"No, it's just that it's suden engagement. When Rainer and the others return to Bardia, why don't you have Kiel accompany them to meet each other?"

"I see. That's a good idea."

"...... Please wait a moment. At the moment, Bardia has only just finished the aftermath of the war. Therefore, I am honored by your visit, Your Highness, but I would like to ask you to come at a later date."

Their exchange was also interrupted by the father, who quickly raised his voice.

But soon after, the voice of the Duke of Glades roared, "Isn't it good?

"In the territory of Bardia, there is the 'unconventional wind boy,' Rid Bardia-dono. Why not have him visit the territory of the Fox people?"

"Don't be ridiculous. The territory of the Fuchsmen is still in chaos."

The Duke of the Grays smiled wryly at my father's insistence.

"That's why. If Count Rainer, who is praised as the "Sword of the Empire," went directly to the Frontier, the Foxes ...... would be ready to take up arms against the Zubera nation itself. If that is the case, then it would be better for Rid, who has made a name for himself as the "unconventional windbag" in this battle, to go to the frontier."

"Indeed, the Duke of the Grays is right."

Bergamot, who deliberately gave a hammering, leapt out with a nasty smile on his face.

5