c510
86 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As David, the first prince, was engaged to the Duchess Valerie of Elasenise, the leader of the conservative faction, Kiel, the second prince, needed to find a fiancee from the conservative or neutral faction. In this respect, the Bardia family had a daughter, Meldy, who was close to Kiel's age, so they were in a good position."

"In other words, you wanted to decide on the Second Prince's fiancée as soon as possible, before the candidate for the innovative fiancee was confirmed. ......"

"That is correct."

My question was answered by His Majesty Irwin, who nodded vigorously.

" The recent development and prosperity of the Bardia territory is one of the best in the empire,......, or perhaps it is better to say that it is outstanding. Under such circumstances, Meldy Bardia's fiancée could end up having an influence that could upset the balance of factions. Reiner, Rid. You will understand what this means."

His Majesty looked at me and my father alternately.

I do not doubt what he is trying to say.

Starting with the first lotion we developed and sold, we have continued to introduce various products to the world, such as charcoal cars, Bardia charcoal, pocket watches, new dishes, and so on.

The Bardia territory, which has continued to introduce various items to the world, is gradually gaining influence not only within the empire but also over neighboring countries.

If it continues to develop in the future, Bardia's influence will become even greater.

If that happens, His Majesty is right, the power that Mel's husband-to-be will have cannot be underestimated.

It would also upset the balance of factions among the imperial aristocrats.

As a result of the continuous preparations to avoid future condemnation, it may be only natural that unexpected developments not remembered from the previous life would occur.

I didn't expect the wrinkle to take the form of an engagement between Mel and the royal family, though.

"The reason why everyone pushed for the engagement of my daughter in the audience room right then and there: ...... Lord Bergamot was anticipating the future influence of His Highness Prince Kiel, pushed by the innovators. On the other hand, the Duke of the Glades, who is a conservative, was thinking that the engagement between Meldy and the royal family would be better than that between the daughter of an innovator and Bardia, who would have the power of Bardia."

When Father asked for confirmation, His Majesty Irwin nodded slowly.

"Probably, that's the right idea. It will take some time for the daughter Marrone, whom Matilda was worried about, to gain influence. Besides, if she comes from a commoner background, we can expect a conservative backlash. Lord Bergamot would have taken certainty. The Marquis de Berluti may think differently."

"I see. ......"

The father, who had been on the receiving end of the conversation, put his hand to his forehead and shook his head in agreement.

Then, after a short, thoughtful pause, he let out a deep sigh.

"I understand about the engagement to Her Highness Kiel . I will inform Nannalee and Merdi."

When Father opened spoken heavily, Their Majesties broke into a happy smile.

But Father quickly continued, "But ......"

"If you are coming to Bardia as my daughter's fiancée, then you must be prepared for that, Your Highness Kiel. Bardia is a frontier, and as we have seen in the war with the Grandeks, lives are more at stake than in the Imperial capital."

"Of course. Kiel is already aware of this point. Don't worry."

The marriage between Fara and me was also decided without my father's knowledge.

I have no regrets about marrying Fara.

I think it was a wonderful marriage.

But that being said, I was a little annoyed at the sight of His Majesty smiling with satisfaction.

"Please wait a moment."

I quickly raised my voice to catch his ear, and I dared to narrow my eyes and smile.

"I'm afraid I have a few remarks to make to the points you made, Father."

"It depends on ...... what kind of additions?"

Perhaps it was because he had gotten a statement from his father, but his majesty's expression was more relaxed.

'No, it is quite natural. His Highness Kiel will be the fiancée to my sister, Meldy. In other words, if anything should happen to me, His Highness must protect the Bardia territory. Therefore, as the successor to the "Sword of the Empire," you will receive the "education" that I am receiving along with me. I will not make any compromises and I will not listen to any whining, even if it is Your Highness. Is that still acceptable?"

"Rid, you ......"

The father's face tightened as he seemed to have understood the intention.

But his majesty and the others looked at each other with a stunned look on their faces.

"Hmmm.......... Well, that can't be helped. Kiel has a plan to support David when he becomes emperor. The "education" in Bardia will be a good opportunity for him to broaden his horizons."

"I agree. Kiel loves books too much and tends to stay in his room a little too much. It would be a good opportunity for him to get in shape."

"Yes, indeed. I agree with Matilda. I'll allow him to be a little reckless. Rainer, Rid. You two, train him hard."

When His Majesty Irwin said that, he burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry. I'll be your brother-in-law."

He bowed his head without breaking his smile.

Of course, inwardly, he was gloating that he had "got the word."

The person who will be Mel's husband is not allowed to be a half-wit.

No, he would never be allowed to do so.

He would have to be at least as talented as me, if not more so.

And then there is the matter of concern that must not be forgotten.

'And one point I would like to ask of you regarding this engagement."

I raised my face and looked at Their Majesties with a serious expression, and His Majesty Irwin tilted his head.

"What is it? Let me ask you."

"I would like to ask you if you could keep the engagement between my sister, Meldy, and His Highness, Kiel, as a tentative decision. I would like you to leave some room for us to dissolve the engagement in case both of them fall in love with someone else or in case of unforeseen circumstances."

When Father and Their Majesties heard my proposal, they rolled their eyes, but this was non-negotiable.

 Kiel is a character from "Tokirella" and capture target.

There is a possibility that in the future he may become captivated by Marrone's charms and lose control of himself.

In order to prevent this from happening, I intend to have him undergo the same level of training as me to thoroughly strengthen his body and mind.

But as the case of Elba has shown, this world is not just following the flow of "Tokirella.

The future is always changing, and what could happen?

You never know what the future holds.

As much as possible, I think it's important to take all possible countermeasures and escape routes.

"I see. That might be a surprisingly good idea."

The room was silent, and the father, with a thoughtful look on his face, opened the door.

3