Ep 7 – Inventory
140 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I sat on the rock looking at the inventory screen, I let out a gasp.

“What the hell was the previous guy even thinking?!”

I was a bit startled at what I just saw and wanted a few seconds to just let it register in my brain.

The first thing I did was turn around to check if anyone was there otherwise I might just die from embarrassment if anyone saw this in my inventory.

I looked around but there were just trees and a stream of steady water.

I was still alone in these woods.

“This guy is fucking lunatic!” I said to myself.

There were like 20 boxes on my inventory screen.

Out of the 20, there were only 5 boxes occupied at the moment and one thing really baffled me to my bone.

After calming down a bit I started examining things in an orderly manner.
Of course, the most shocking thing will be examined in the end.

I clicked on the first box-

[Pouch]

Ordinary Cloth Bag

Made of cheap rags and is found very commonly for carrying small objects.

Total Weight- 320 gms

[Equip?]

[Y/N]

I clicked on Y and out of nowhere the pouch suddenly materialized out of thin air before me.

“It really is a game-like inventory system.”

I grabbed the pouch and as soon as the pouch landed on my hand there was a rattling clunking noise coming from within.

I carefully untied the bag and widened the neck of the bag to check what it had.

Behold shiny blue cards stacked in a bunch like a bunch of atm cards.


I took out the cards and examined them thoroughly. They were different cards ranging from 1K cards, to some even had 5K cards inscribed in big words. On the edge of the card was an emblem of ‘SKC’ written in calligraphy, maybe it's a logo maybe.

They looked sophisticated and precious.
Were they playing cards? Vouchers?

Maybe it's this realm’s currency of this world?

I grabbed one of the cards and examined it.

As I stared at the card and I just involuntary said,

“Status info”

Suddenly the screen popped over the card,

[A voucher token belonging to the STEPHEN KING COMPANY. This voucher is 1000 rubies worth and has no expiry date. You can use this voucher token while shopping in SKC enterprises or exchange this voucher at the nearest SKC bank to get the amount in rubies.]

Stephen King Company?

Never heard of such a company before. This just proves I am in some other world, but I still can’t be sure. I’ll just take a mental note that I should go there to exchange these tokens for real money.

As of this moment, I was in a strange world.

Even when a tourist visits a foreign land, it's common sense first to convert their currency to the native nation they were visiting. So I should just redeem this token for these rubies. I think that rubies are the currency of this world.

The currency will come in more handy than some stupid voucher token.

I remember back when I was sometimes paid with stupid vouchers for working overtime. Those crappy vouchers were 1 day away from expiring and they also had crazy conditions to be redeemed. I have to spend around 200$ worth of mall shopping to redeem like 10$ buck of vouchers. Fuck those malls that make shitty vouchers like that!

After deciding what to do with the tokens I put the cards back in the pouch.

“Now how do I put this pouch back in the inventory?”

I stood in a daze holding the pouch in my hand.

Currently, I am loving the new game system thing. Although it would be really helpful if there was a tutorial and tips tab that would help me out with the system thingy.

Never in my life would I have missed a tutorial so badly.

As I gawked at the floating inventory screen in the front I wondered how to send back this pouch in the inventory.

But soon I started recalling my isekai knowledge through the records of previous anime/manga.

The next second I instinctively gently pressed the pouch against the inventory screen.

In the next second, the screen blinked and my pouch suddenly started to submerge in the screen as if it was heading to a weird dimension. I let go of the pouch inside the screen and lo, it disappeared.

[Pouch] [8th Slot]

Total Capacity 5/20* (Capacity will increase along with the individual’s level]

Behold the pouch was back in the inventory.

“That’s a first.”

Maybe I shouldn’t shit on those isekai novels so early.

1