Chapter 4: Katya
21 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
SO, I couldn't think of any names for the dragon sports.... so... I got Dressage. Anyway, I for some reason, made a Hamilton/The Voice of A Dragon/Don't Look Back (old book) into a Showjumping AU? should I post it???? Also... I love this quote too much

“Yes, they are elves," Legolas said. "and they say that you breathe so loud they could shoot you in the dark." Sam hastily covered his mouth.”

-Legolas

-JRR Tolkein

Katya rushed over to him, “Casimir?” She repeated, he was leaning up against the wall, his eyes closed, slowly sinking to the ground. 

He opened his eyes and glanced at Katya, then jerked his head to a pile of broken glass- probably from a pot or vase. She sat down next to him, “Are you alright?” She asked, tenderly grasping the arm he was trying to hide from her. There was a long scratch on the top of his forearm, deep and glistening with fresh blood. 

“Casimir-” She looked up at him, he was looking away, his eyes closed, “What-?” 

He swallowed and when he spoke his voice sounded brittle, “I… dropped. A. A… a vase.” 

“No,” She shook her head, “That’s a lie. And not a very good one… Casimir… what’s wrong?” 

He glared at her, “Nothing. I’m fine. Just tired.” 

Katya tried not to feel hurt, since when did he act like this? She stood, “Okay- but if you ever want-”

“I’m fine,” the anger in his voice made Katya annoyed. Best to get out of here before an argument grows. 

She pushed past the curtain irritably, growling softly to herself. Holly was in the main room, carefully cooking the rabbit she had just finished cutting up. When Katya looked at her curiously, she said, “Opal and Callan prefer it cooked. I’m guessing you thought we would eat raw meat?” 

Katya instantly felt her annoyance bubble away just a little bit, replaced by embarrassment. “Sorry, I guess it’s rude to just assume-” 

“No!” Holly laughed, “Most of us do eat raw meat, easier, faster, more fat and protein doesn’t get burned away. But some of us like it cooked.” 

Katya felt a smile finally show on her face, “Us weak humans get sick if we eat raw meat,” she said, “is there anything I can help with?” 

Holly pulled the rabbit away from the flame, “Is Casimir alright?”

She took a deep breath, “Yes, well, he insists that he is anyway. You and I should probably keep an eye on him. And- please. Let me help with something. I need to use up some energy.” 

Holly just shook her head and smiled, “I think Ivy and Oasis want to talk to you more. There is a field near here- I trust you went there with Casimir? You could keep them busy.” 

Katya smiled, “Sure. They’re fun.” 

 

Ivy took the lead almost immediately. She had even shiner golden scales than Casimir, and as a strange combination- she had light green legs and feet the same shade as her mother’s scales. Oasis was sky-colored with golden specks in random places all over her body. 

The field just brought back memories of Casimir’s sudden outburst. Ivy immediately took to the skies, spinning all over the place in impressive dives and flips. She suddenly landed again, “do you know what Dressage is?”

Katya raised her eyebrow, “No…” She did know what it was in the human realm- where people got on horses and did weird dance-like moves. But she didn’t say that. 

Ivy did another flip, “It’s where dragons are on a team and we do a bunch of flips and stuff, and then we get judged. And the team with the best routine wins! I’m trying to get on the team this year! I was on the hatchling team last year- but now that I’m 7 I can move up a level!” 

Oasis jumped in between them, “I like racing best! The fastest wins! Not the luckiest like it is in Dressage!” 

Ivy pouted, “It’s not luck!” 

“Yes, it is,” Oasis took to the sky, darting around in quick circles. “Do you wanna race Katya?” 

She knew she probably wouldn’t win, but she was supposed to have fun with these guys, “Sure,” She too launched herself into the air, “Good luck trying to beat me!”

“You’re on! Ivy, countdown from three!” 

Ivy bounced to the ground, looking up at them, “Kay! First to that big tree and back wins! Three, Two, ONE!” 

It was a blur, bringing a small smile to Katya’s face as they cut through the air, Oasis was a little bit faster than Katya, but Katya was larger- so her wings were stronger even though she hadn’t been flying for nearly as long.

“AND!!!! Oasis! First place!” Ivy cheered as they both crashed to the ground, laughing and smiling. 

Casimir. Katya pushed all thoughts of him to the back of her mind. It wasn’t her fault he was so irritable all of the sudden. Just enjoy who she was with.

What musical do you like best (if any?) (If you don't know musicals, chose one that sounds enjoyab)
  • Hamilton Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Dear Evan Hansen Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heathers Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newsies Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Les Miserables Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In The Heights Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Phantom of The Opera Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2
2