Chapter 5: Casimir
38 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So I have a a a quote. again.

Casimir knew he would regret it, but he had to get out. And maybe seeing that cave in life would stop it from haunting his dreams. He waited, making sure everyone was at least in their rooms and not listening to every noise from the outside. Then, he slipped through the curtains and through the house, feeling guilt overwhelm him as he finally left through the door. 

The darkness only brought back memories that overwhelmed him. He squeezed his eyes shut, he had to be strong enough to push these memories away. 

The cave wasn’t too far, so as Casimir started to fly swiftly over the plains he had to remind himself to slow down. Take a deep breath. Stop. The cave.

He swooped down, and there it was. The dark hole in the side of a cave. He took a deep breath. Going inside would help his nightmares. Right? 

He took another breath, trying to calm his racing heartbeat. One step at a time. 

It was pitch black. 

He breathed out a careful flame, letting the light flicker upon the stone wall next to him. There were carvings on the wall, each outlined carefully in something like blue paint. He thought back to it- hadn’t Katya described something like this in the human realm? Something she had stumbled upon? Whatever it was…. It probably had a connection to the human realm. 

He touched the drawings, feeling a shiver dart down his forearm and to his elbow. Casimir squeezed his eyes shut. Suddenly, he got a bright, vivid memory of the cave he and Katya were sacrificed in. Hadn’t that had a carving like this too? 

“What in the?” The cave was starting to light up, hesitantly, as if it wasn’t sure if Casimir was worthy enough to see it. 

Panic seized him again. Making his limbs stiff and his head throb with unwanted visions and thoughts of self-hatred. 

The blue light flickered. A small dark smile shining from the depths… Casimir shook his head. The smile was gone. The light was gone. He really needed to stop hallucinating. 

Run

Run and never come back

So he did- he ran. As fast as he could. Away from the dark cave haunting his dreams. And that creepy smile that silently threatened him not to come closer. Else-- else what? Casimir hated that he might have been stupid enough to find out. 

“I’m sorry-” He whispered as he ran, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry...” What he was apologizing for was only clear to the fuzzy voice in his head forcing him to terror. He bounded across the field, completely forgetting that he had wings, and could actually fly. No need to run faster than thought possible by dragons. 

The smile chased him.

Never again.

Casimir fell into a complete disastrous panic, collapsing on the spot and curling into himself, covering him with his wings, and starting to sob.

A nice little quote from Thrand Dandy Doo (princeyleggles shut the fuck up)

...

Thranduil. To distract you from what just happened

 Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night."

-Thranduil, The Hobbit

Which language would you want to learn most?
  • German Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Spanish Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Italian Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Latin Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
1