Chapter 6: Katya
14 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Which Candy?
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Twix Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Musketeers Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M&M Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Dum Dums (lollipops, basically) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snickers Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm tired... so... airhead/jolly rancher/ fruit candies Votes: 0 0.0%
  • whatever Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other ig Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
It's been so long! I haven't even finished this chapter- but I felt bad and just had to post what I already had. So..... Heh

Pity? It was Pity that stayed his hand. Pity, and Mercy: not to strike without need. And he has been well rewarded, Frodo. Be sure that he took so little hurt from the evil, and escaped in the end, because he began his ownership of the Ring so. With Pity"

-Gandalf

When Katya woke up in the morning, her mind was set on one thing. Apologize to Casimir. She didn’t think she had done anything wrong, so she wasn’t sure what to apologize for…. But he was obviously upset about something. And she couldn’t let him continue to storm around in the mood that he was in. 

She left her room, pushing past the curtain made from strong vines weaved together. Would Casimir even be in his room? Maybe he wanted to leave and blow off some steam or something. Holly called out a ‘Good Morning’ to her as she passed, and Katya smiled and yelled Good Morning back. 

When Katya brushed aside the curtain to Casimir’s room, she saw that it was empty, the pieces of broken clay still scattered around on the floor. She rolled her eyes and whispered, “Casimir… what are you doing?” 

Katya picked up all the shards pretty quickly, putting them in a clay bowl, as she wasn’t sure what to do with them. Did dragons have trash cans? Probably not. She’d ask Holly once she found Casimir.

“Where are you off to?” Holly asked, mixing together something in a large bowl. 

Katya shrugged apologetically, “I need to find Casimir. He wasn’t in his room.”

Holly shook her head, putting a claw on Katya's shoulder comfortingly, a small smile on her face, “Don’t worry too much about him. There’s a lot of memories here y’know.”

“I know,” Katya smiled back at her, ‘Just have to make sure he isn’t dying in a corner.” 

Holly laughed, “Okay! Well, I’ll have breakfast for you when you get back!” 

“Thanks!”

Katya loved the outdoors. Right in front of the dragon home were two large trees, presenting a leafy canopy above her head as she left. But in front was a large expanse of lush green fields. The air was clear and crisp- easy to fly in. Not muddled up with fog or smoke.

She didn’t have to fly far, easily spotting the sand-colored scales against the green. 

“Casimir?” She touched the ground softly, walking over to him and shaking his shoulder gently. 

He stirred, stretching his wings and opening his onyx eyes, “Katya? His voice was rough.

“What are you doing out here?” Katya asked as he stumbled to his feet, throwing his wings out for balance. 

“Went for a walk. Tired. Must’ve fallen asleep.” Casimir had already lifted off into the air. 

Katya hurriedly flew up beside him. “Fell asleep? Damn well, you did! When did you leave? The middle of the night?!?”

“Yep.” He started flying at a steady pace in the general direction of his house. 

“Casimir!!” Katya flew in front of him, “Why were you really out here?”

Casimir rolled his eyes and dipped down under her, “Just needed to check something. Really. I’m fine. Stop being so protective. I know this land better than you.”

I've been so caught up in school work, horse shows, and Preptober that I kinda forgot this existed.... ah nein.

1