Chapter 7
156 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lima Bean was a simple Leaper Mouse. She liked simple things, like eating lima beans, for which she was named after. She also liked watching other creatures of the plains go about their daily lives.

What she didn't like is when those creatures interrupted her daily life, which involved lazing about in her tree and eating lima beans.

So, imagine her annoyance when she hears the tell-tale buzzing of a Lion Bug swarm, chasing after a baby hare. What was worse, they were coming in her direction and the hare was headed straight for her tree!

She sighed and slapped her brothers awake so they could deal with the problem. Sprite and Sage were excellent at handling Lion Bugs. They were big for Leaper Mice and their powerful tails could send tremendous [Wind Gusts] that scattered the swarm and disbanding their attack in an instant.

Her brothers ignored her attempts to alert them to the oncoming danger so it was up to her to deal with it. Unfortunately, she didn't have mainly levels in [Wind Gusts]. She hardly ever needed to use it because she hardly ventured away from the tree, except to go find more lima beans.

She sighed again and prepared to attack until she noticed something...peculiar. The hare was darting this way and that and would pause each time he landed before moving on. The second time he landed, he would pause for a longer time and something would fly at the Lion Bugs, scattering the swarm just a tiny bit and killing a few of them.

Lima Bean squinted and then gasped. The hare was throwing rocks with its tail!

It was a sound strategy, not something she'd think a baby hare was capable of coming up with. And besides, how was he able to use his super short tail to fling rocks like that? It was strange; Lima Bean lost herself trying to figure out the mysteries of the baby hare.

And then he ran passed her tree. The swarm was almost upon her!

She quickly spun around and slapped her thick, bushy tail not unlike a squirrel's against the branch, sending a [Wind Gust] up into the swarm. It only managed to part them down the middle, enough to get them around the tree. Unfortunately, she caught the attention of a few angry Lion Bugs.

Lima Bean jumped with one heavy slap of her tail, using a different skill this time: [Tail Leap]. It was a skill unique to Leaper Mice and allowed them to soar many miles into the air before landing softly on the ground. This was a skill she took care to get to a high level; escape was one of her highest priorities, even before finding lima beans to snack on.

She sailed about 20, no thirty feet into the air and plopped gently onto the ground. She was safe-

Oof!

The baby hare smacked into Lima Bean's back just a second after she landed, sending them both sprawling. Lima Bean grunted: 'Watch it, hare!'

He took a second to stare at her before his ears twitched ever so slightly and he was off again, racing like the wind. For a moment, Lima Bean was slightly agitated. Did that baby think he could outpace her? As if!

(She, of course, forgot all about the Lion Bugs as she was outraged by the hare's false challenge.)

'It's on!' she shouted, slapping her tail on the ground to send her flying.

3