Chapter 1
284 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The winged beast that held him tightly in its clutches swerved to avoid the potential thieves. It let out a hissing sound and said in a deep, powerful voice, “Away, you fiends. This is for my brood.”

One of them cackled. “Wife still got ya under her claws, huh? Mighty pecked, aren’t ya, Brutus?”

‘Brutus’ growled deep in its throat; the hare could feel it against his back. He idly wondered where ‘Brutus’ was taking him until he saw a tall, thin thing in the distance.

He wiggled in the claws of the beast, eager to get to a closer look.

“Hmm,” Brutus murmured, clutching him tighter. “I’ve never met prey so eager for death before.”

Death? What was that? He didn’t know that word. Was that what the tall, thin thing was? If so, he wanted to see. So he nodded at the beast, showing his appreciation at his understanding.

The other beasts kept picking at Brutus but the hare largely ignored them. The tall, thin thing called death was getting closer!

He almost couldn’t take it anymore when suddenly, the beast dropped him!

Fortunately, he landed in something soft nestled in the branches of death. Looking around, he saw three things way bigger than him.

He was small, even for a baby hare, so the things in the soft things in the branch of death towered over him. But he wasn’t afraid. No, he was very curious about the tall things that huddled together in the soft thin in the branch of death.

Their feathers were different shades of greenish-blue, which intrigued the hare very much. They looked like smaller versions of the brute that landed in the upper branches of death.

One opened its sharp, shiny thing and squawked very loudly. 'You food?'

The hare winced at the noise before considering what the bird said. He squeaked back, 'No! What is food?'

The things looked at each other, shuffled a bit, and then looked back at him. The middle one squawked this time: 'Dunno. Not you?'

'No.'

'Kay.'

The one on the right finally opened its mouth: 'What name?'

'Name? What's that?'

The things looked at each other, shuffled a bit, and then looked back at him. The left one spoke again: 'What we call you.'

'Oh. Have no name.'

'Oh. Have status?'

The hare questioned what that was, the things did their thing, and then answered.

'Status shows status. Think 'status' and you will see.'

The hare thought 'status' and lo and behold, a status screen popped up in front of his face.


Character Sheet

Name: Bo Foxhare | Race: Brown Hare (Leveret) | Sex: Male

Evolution: 0% | Level: 1(0%)

Class: None | Magic Affinity: None

Species Traits: Adaptive, Agrarian, Rapid Breeders, Enhanced Memory

Unique Trait: Communal

Titles: None

Attributes (0 AP)

Strength: 1 | Constitution: 1

Endurance: 2 | Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 3 | Wisdom: 3

Perception: 4 | Luck: 4

Health: 10/10 | HP Regen: 2/min

Stamina: 10/10 | Sp Regen: 2/min

Mana: 30/30 | MP Regen: 3/min

Abilities (0 SP; 0 PP)

Skills: Hare Boxing (Level 1)

Spells: Avoid Detection (Level 1)

Perks: Enhanced Hearing I, Night Eyes I, Panoramic Vision I


 

3