Chapter 4
194 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After about 40 minutes of walking, the black thing approached a hole in the ground. The hare didn't want to go underground. He wanted to stay up and see the sky!

Just then, he heard screeching from up above. It was a brute! But this one was red and much bigger than the other brutes. He decided to call it big-brute. He wanted to get a better look, but the black thing started going faster towards the hole.

He slapped the black things arm and cried: 'Let go! Want to see big-brute!'

It let out a weird noise, similar to the one the refined brute made: 'Are you crazy! That thing'll kill you!'

'Kill? What's that?'

'It means dead! It'll end your life!'

The hare didn't want his life to end. That sounded bad! He looked up again and saw the big-brute was getting closer and closer. The black thing couldn't move fast enough while carrying him!

So he slapped its arm hard, hard enough to make it let go. And then he started running. He had never run before, but something told him that going fast like this―a very fast version of hopping―was the best way to get away from the big-brute.

The black thing hobbled after him, but the big-brute was gaining on it!

'Run, black thing! Run!'

The hare almost passed the hole, but then the black thing reached him and tossed him down into dark blackness below. Then it dove in after him, just as the big-brute came to grab it!

It screeched in anger and tried to grab at the black thing, but couldn't reach it. Eventually, it gave up and flew away.

The black thing paused just a few feet away from the entrance, waiting. After a minute or two, it turned and faced the hare. Grunting, it gently pushed him deeper into the burrow: 'C'mon, you. Don't just sit there.'

The hare tried to twist out of its grip, but it was strong, stronger than him. So he reluctantly allowed himself to be carried further and further into the burrow.

Then the black thing grunted again: '[Light].'

The burrow lit up, revealing a bed of furs, a short and stout thing, and a tall and thing thing. The tall and thin thing had many small things in it that were lined neatly on the rows of the tall and thin thing. The short and stout thing had one of the small things and a very small and thin thing on it, too.

The black thing carried the hare over to the furs and plopped him. Then it squatted before him and grunted: 'Tell me, little hare, do you have a name?'

'No!'

'Huh...You need one. People know you're important when you have a name.'

The hare perked up at that. Being important sounded cool! He squeaked: 'I wanna name!'

The black thing sat back and rubbed its chin. 'I don't know what hares name their young, so I'll give you a fox name. How about...Bo?'

'Bo?'

'Yup. You're name's Bo. Bo...Foxhare.'

Ding!

{Your Status has been updated.}

{Due to being Named by an individual stronger than yourself, all stats have been increased by 5.}

{Due to being Named by an individual of another species, you have gained the title 'Fox Kin'. +2 Luck, +2 Perception.}

{Due to gaining the title 'Fox Kin', you have gained the Fox Proficiencies [Pounce], [Tail Whip], and [Trickery]. You have gained Magic Affinity for Mental Magic.}


Character Sheet

Name: Bo Foxhare | Race: Brown Hare (Leveret) | Sex: Male

Evolution: 0% | Level: 1(0%)

Class: None | Magic Affinity: Mental

Species Traits: Adaptive, Agrarian, Rapid Breeders, Enhanced Memory

Unique Trait: Communal

Titles: Fox Kin

Attributes (0 AP)

Strength: 6 | Constitution: 6

Endurance: 7 | Dexterity: 7

Intelligence: 8 | Wisdom: 8

Perception: 11 | Luck: 11

Health: 60/60 | HP Regen: 7/min

Stamina: 60/60 | Sp Regen: 7/min

Mana: 80/80 | MP Regen: 8/min

Proficiencies

Skills: Hare Boxing (0%); Pounce (0%), Tail Whip (0%)

Spells: Avoid Detection (0%)

(0 PP) Perks: Enhanced Hearing I, Night Eyes I, Panoramic Vision I, Trickery I


The hare smiled as he stared at the words on his Status. He still didn't quite understand them but knew they were important. He knew he was important. Because he had a name.

Bo Foxhare.

2