Chapter 22
123 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bo came back, of course. He'd stayed away for about a day before he couldn't stand the loneliness any longer and wandered back home.

Michi grunted when he saw the baby hare. 'Figured you come back soon.'

Bo just shrugged, making Michi frown. 'What's got your fur up in a knot, huh?'

'...Lima Bean yelled at me.'

Another grunt. 'Ever since you disappeared she's been all over herself, crying about how she never meant to take it so far and how she was never suited for this kind of role and she was acting like a...bad word because of a lima bean deficiency and a whole bunch of other nonsense. Kid's barely a year and she's already having a midlife crisis. It's why I don't like dealing with mice. They're so dramatic.'

'Oh...'

'Anyway, you'd better go down and see her. She's been outta her mind lately with worry.'

Normally, Bo wouldn't have passed up the chance to go see Lima Bean, but he hesitated now. A lima bean deficiency sounded bad. What if she went into another episode and yelled at him again? Bo began shaking just thinking about it.

Michi frowned again and pulled the baby hare closer. 'Look, Bo, she's just a bit...stressed. She didn't mean to be so scary. Just go see her, alright?'

With a little nudging and a delightful scratch behind the ears, Michi finally convinced him to go down in the hole. The old fox smiled and watched him go before he was suddenly taken by a harsh coughing fit. Looking down at his fist, he saw splatters of blood covering his fur. Grimacing, he wiped his fist in the dirt and went to go find his special medicine.


'So...you forgive me?'

Bo nodded, then remembered Lima Bean couldn't see well and said: 'Yeah!'

She sighed and gave him a weary smile. 'I'm glad. I got scared when you ran off like that...I didn't know if you'd come back...'

Bo puffed out his chest. 'I'll always come back! I'm practically invincible!' His superhero charade came to an end when his belly rumbled loudly.

Lima Bean giggled. 'We should get you some food, huh?''

He smiled. 'Yeah.'

0