Chapter 15
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ho was placed in the granny flat out back where he was locked up. He couldn’t get out no matter how he tried and with Lee Seung Kwan threatening him to not break the windows or he’ll break his legs, left him scared shitless.

He walked up to the window where he could see Kyu Hyun fast asleep against the tree and felt sorry for his best friend. Kyu Hyun was here because of him, but then again, Kyu Hyun had a mind of his own.

Ji Eun walked up to the granny flat with a bowl of breakfast oats. As she stared at him, she said, “Go wake your friend up and feed this to him. You will get something once you are done.”

Yun Ho stood in place. He was starving. They got nothing to eat last night and the amount of food in that bowl was too little. His eyes met hers, asking, “Madam, how can you and your husband be so cruel?”

“Did your friend think of my family’s reputation and my son’s dignity when he bought his virginity for a mere thousand dollars?” She asked him.

Yun Ho looked around aimlessly, then back at her and asked, “Then shouldn’t you have the middle man here as well?”

She narrowed her eyes and said, “He will be dealt with. You should be lucky that you are not in his place and I must warn you, disobedience is not tolerated here. That is why my children haven’t set you free.”

Yun Ho walked up to Kyu Hyun with the bowl and sat down in front of him. The nights were warm at least, but all the mosquito bites on him were ridiculous. He tapped Kyu Hyun on the shoulder. “Hey, wake up.”

Kyu Hyun groaned awake.

His body was aching in all the wrong places. Fixing the position of his neck. He opened his eyes and looked at the person in front of him. His eyes widened. “Yun Ho? They let you go? Help me.”

Yun Ho watched as his friend tried to pull himself loose and sighed.

Kyu Hyun stopped struggling and asked, “Why aren’t you setting me free?”

Yun Ho mixed the porridge in the bowl and held a spoon to his mouth. “The lady of the house let me out so that I can feed you. Eat.”

Kyu Hyun could see that his friend looked listless and seemed to have barely gotten any sleep. He looked around as he opened his mouth and saw no one else in this beautiful garden.

‘How did I get caught?’ Kyu Hyun wondered.

His thoughts trailed back to Chang Min, who caused this, and like clockwork, Chang Min walked out of the back door.

He looked over at them and narrowed his eyes. He thought about how Kyu Hyun made it here and shook his head.

His father was a police officer.

What did he expect?

The man knew everyone.

He walked back into the house and said, “Mom, Do Hyun messaged me to meet him, should I go?”

Ji Eun turned to her son asking, “What do you think?”

He smiled, feeling restless. Shaking his head, he said, “I don’t want to be associated with him.” 

She stared at her son and thought back to the conversation she and her husband had before going to sleep. Walking up to him, she hugged him, saying, “I’m sorry that I couldn’t protect you. There are just some people that you will never truly know until the last moments.”

He felt like tearing up again and quickly wiped his eyes saying, “Daddy said I have to leave with him. Why?”

His mother shook her head and cupped his face. Looking into his eyes she said, “Son, I know it’s hard to accept but just listen to your father and I okay? You will understand one day, but for now, don’t think so much about it.”

“But I don’t understand…” He said, and she shook her head.

“Look at me, baby, this is for the best. It’s hard to explain it to you, but when it happens, you will understand. For now, let’s eat, then you help me pack your things.”

*

Lee Seung Kwan smirked as he placed Yun Ho’s phone down on his desk. He looked up at the three officers in front of him and asked, “Did you find out anything about the party that happened yesterday?”

The first officer nodded. “Yes, but we don’t have the proof.”

Lee Seung Kwan nodded his head. “It’s alright, as long as we know about it. We’ll be ready for the next time.”

*Back at the house*

He walked into his home and saw Chang Min sitting on the couch watching t.v and eating a bag of chips. He raised a brow at him and said, “I hope you are saving some for everyone.”

Chang Min didn’t look at his father. He closed the bag and placed it beside him. “Hey dad,” he said and continued watching t.v.

“Did you pack your bags? His parents will be here in two days,” he said.

Chang Min nodded his head. “I did.”

Lee Seung Kwan went into the kitchen as he said, “They aren’t happy that you got their son involved in something like this.” 

Chang Min turned to him and asked, “Dad, it’s Do Hyun. Do Hyun did this!”

“Oh, don’t worry, I will deal with your friend too,” he said.

“But why are you doing this? You are turning my whole life upside down,” Chang Min said as he tore up.

Lee Seung Kwan slammed his fist on the table and said, “You better not cry. I didn’t raise a weakling!”

Chang Min stood up and threw a pillow at his father. “Yes, I am not weak, and I do not need you doing all of this. I am gay daddy and that is it! I had to find out the hard way what happens when you make friends with the wrong people. When Do Hyun became like this, I don’t know and I never will because I don’t want to even know him after this, but what you are doing is so wrong, humanly wrong!”

“Well, no one said he should mess with the wrong man’s son,” he said plainly, and went to his room to look for his wife.

2