Chapter 20
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chang Min was in bed watching a series on the laptop when Kyu Hyun walked in with a cup of tea for him.

“When am I going back to work? It’s been four days already,” he asked.

Kyu Hyun smirked as he lied down beside him, saying, “Your father-in-law doesn’t want you working and getting sick again.”

Chang Min groaned, cuddling up to him. “This is unfair. I just started working.”

Just as he was going to answer, the front doorbell rang. He quickly got out of bed to go see who it was and his eyes widened seeing both his parents there, his mother not happy to be here.

“Mother, father? Did something happen?” Kyu Hyun asked.

They walked in and sat on the couch. “You mother and I are here to speak to you and Chang Min.”

“Well, Chang Min is in the bed. Should I call him?” He asked.

His mother scoffed, “I see he is lazy, as always.”

Kyu Hyun groaned. No, Min looked at his wife, “Chang Min just came out of the hospital. What do you not understand?”

Kim Young Sook went silent, not wanting to argue with her husband.

Chang Min heard the talking and got out of the bed. He was dressed warm. According to Kyu Hyun, he’d keep his insides warm. He walked in with the cup of tea Kyu Hyun had made and smiled when he saw who was visiting them. “Father, you’re here? What do we owe the pleasure? Do you want tea?”

“Yes please. I’ve spoken to your father, so I wanted to let you know about our conversation,” he said.

Chang Min returned with the cup of tea and handed it to him. He gazed at his mother-in-law, then looked at Kyu Hyun and said, “Get your mother something to drink.”

Kyu Hyun sighed. He sat down, saying, “She knows where the kitchen is.”

Kim Young Sook got up with a huff. She didn’t expect to be ignored by her son too after all; she raised him so well.

No Min sighed and looked at his wife. He turned to his son, saying, “Treat your mother with kindness.”

“I refuse,” he said.

“What did my father say?” Chang Min asked.

No Min turned to him but waited for his wife to return. When she sat down beside him, he said, “It’s the reason why he told us to bring you with us all those years ago. He didn’t tell me before about your condition and nor did he expect you to never have a child within these ten years.”

Chang Min took in a deep breath, then took a sip of his tea. “I wish they had told me instead of sending me off with no clue.”

No Min understood Chang Min’s sadness and confusion. He placed the cup of tea down and took Chang Min’s right hand in his and said, “Kyu Hyun, come sit beside him.”

Kyu Hyun did as his father asked.

Looking at them, he said, “I know that you two have just gotten together, and that this is too much coming from me, but I am happy.”

Chang Min smiled at him.

He handed his cup to Kyu Hyun and held his father-in-law’s hand. Raising a brow, he asked, “I know. You want Kyu Hyun and I to have a child, right?”

Kyu Hyun had the cup on his lips and was glad he didn’t take a sip. He sat up and actually moved away from Chang Min.

No Min looked at his son, then at him and said, “So you know this old fool’s wishes?”

Chang Min chuckled, “I understand, but does everyone want what you want?”

His eyes moved over to his mother-in-law and asked, “How do I know my child won’t be treated like shit once it’s born?”

Young Sook glared in his direction and then she saw Kyu Hyun sit up. Looking at him, she saw he had this horrible look in his eyes. “Why are you looking at me like that? I will smack that look off your face.”

Kyu Hyun sat forward, placing the cup on the table and said, “Chang Min is right and I have no right to say this, but I was also thinking about how mother is going to treat the child? When Chang Min arrived at the house, what did you do to him? No one liked him but father and I left him alone as per the agreement and you? You forced him to cook and clean like a woman and when you weren’t happy with what he did, you abused him.”

She scoffed and stood up. Turning to him, she asked, “What about you, my son? Why have you suddenly fallen in love with the man who caged you like an animal?”

“When has he caged me? He is the one who has been living in a cage all these years,” Kyu Hyun said, growing upset.

“I just find it hard to believe that you have reconsidered. You were in love with Ji Soo not too long ago and now suddenly you want to be in bed with this child?” She said with the look of disgust plastered across her face.

Chang Min felt the tension in the air and looked at No Min, who looked uncomfortable. He forced a smile, saying in a whisper, “I don’t think we’ll have a say in their conversation right now.”

No Min nodded his head, “Let’s go outside and leave them to argue.”

Stepping outside, Chang Min took in a deep breath, saying, “I think it is too soon for us to have a child. I don’t trust your son just yet.”

No Min nodded his head, “In the olden days, some relationships started with a forced marriage. They had the child and then they got to know one another. Through those trials, they learned to love.”

“But a child?” Chang Min said, shuddering at the thought. He recalled how tough it was for his mother to raise his siblings, but she managed, and he had learned a few tricks around the bend.

“You can’t trust my son and I wouldn’t either. Ji Soo has been visiting us still, and that is why your mother-in-law is still fighting this,” he said.

Chang Min chuckled, “I will always win against Ji Soo. There is no need to worry, but father, I want to know, why did you stop with just Kyu Hyun?”

He looked surprised at the question and said, “Kim Young Soo is my wife, and I love her very much. That is why we are still together, even though we never agree on anything. Kyu Hyun is our miracle child, although he doesn’t know it. She couldn’t have children and asked me to have a child with another woman. Who? I couldn’t decide, nor did I want to have an affair. Surrogacy is illegal, so I had little a choice. I had a child with another woman and took him from her and my wife? She has been spoiling him so much that he went as far as buying someone else’s child’s virginity.”

2