Chapter 2: Monster
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Years have passed and the once royal family was no longer on a throne, and all power that they might had it's forever lost. The last descendant is a slave girl owned by a noble of the land that was close to the rubbles of the forgotten kingdom, which was forbidden to enter, for rumors said, a monster dwell there.

The girl, S'yerill, tended to the stables and despite being a slave herself, did not suffer harm of any kind.

That was, until the village where she lived, was attacked by bandits, and out of fear, she tried to leave on a horse she was feeding. While initially she thought that she managed to avoid the bandits gaze, an arrow landing on her leg convinced her otherwise.

She traveled far, into the woods and into the darkness, but her horse could not longer run for the bleed of the arrows claimed its life. As she fell onto the ground she started to scream, but not moments after three bandits held her down while a fourth tried to claim his prize.

But darkness dwells in the depts of night, when the sun dies, when the light leaves your side, do hide from the ghost of the past, for they see your transgressions, and they shall claim your soul.

A screech was heard and the bandits stopped for a second. Which kind of beast would do such a sound? As adrenaline subside they realized where they stood, on the land of the dead, the place where the great Meridia once stood.

A shadow emerged, huge, evil. Its eyes crimson like blood, its teeths gnawing the skin of its mouth, its muscles looked like living stone.

None of the bandits knew what to do, they could feel how the wrong movement might mean death. That was before the girl gave a last scream, for she thought, if at least they were to die with me it would be fine to me.

Moments before, where the  cursed knight was held by the vines, he heard the sound of horses and the scream of a girl, and the moment he heard her voice a surge of power overcame him, no vine nor nature could stop him from his oath, not any longer, he grabed his rusted sword and helmet and ran into the scream direction.

On the other hand, after the second scream happened, the beast rushed towards the bandits and the girl. Grabbed one that tried to run from the leg and threw him into the horses killing one instantly alongside the improvised projectile and the rest of the horses left this cursed place.

Another of the bandits stabbed the beast on its knee but little did he knew that the beast relished on such things. It grabbed him by the mouth and raised him to meet the beast's eyes and it grinned before eating the bandits jaw and neck leaving him to die slowly on the floor.

The third started praying to the living flame for salvation or at the very least to be judged by fire and not beast.

It proved effective for the beast ignored the man and went for the fourth instead. The fourth throwed the girl onto the beast knocking her unconscious, but the beast ignored her and went for him instead. The beast devoured him alive enjoying the sound he made with every bite, it didn't take long before the man died.

The bandit who prayed tried to escape as the beast enjoyed its meal but was met with a rusty sword carried by a undead knight.

He was cut in half for the blade was enchanted and even time could not erode it's runic prowess.

The knight looked at the princess as the oath compelled him to and then witnessed the monster that was seeking another sacrifice. They both laid eyes on one another, and somehow it felt all too familiar, the knight dropped his helmet onto the floor for he needed his vision and the beast eyes danced like aether fire from side to side searching for gaps in the knights armor.

They lunged at each other, and none held the advantage. The beast grabbed the knights sword hand but the knight proceeded to bash its hand with his shield the beast decided to step back even tho he had no need to, maybe, to relive the past which both clinged to.

As they kept fighting the light of the sun started bathing the land and with every ray the monster grew in pain. The knight took advantage of this and stabbed the monster on its heart though to little effectiveness for the beast bashed the knight into a tree with all its might and as the knight raised once more, the beast retreated into the ruins.

The knight stopped on its pursuit for the princess needed him most. He laid unconscious with a wounded leg he used the healing spell he knew and stopped the girls bleeding though she still needed proper treatment. The knight put on his helmet and took her to the next village in search for a better healer.

0