Chapter 5: Night after
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was cold and there was a certain feeling on the air that stagnated to death. The petite mage looked at the knight who was sitting besides the girl before asking:

- Do you know anything of what's going on with this aura around us?

- Yes, that must be the monster who was following us.

- Was the girl's wound the monster's fault? And why is it chasing you?

- No, her wound were done by bandits and I don't know much else about the monster or its intentions, except perhaps, that it's a cursed creature.

- If it's following you then, could you please leave at once? This city already doubts my intentions, wouldn't want them to believe I bring monsters as well.

- Once she wakes up I will leave, said the knight.

- Tch, that's what I get for helping the undead.

The light of the sun shone once more and with it, the creatures of the dark retreated and so did as well the curse the plagued the once renowned general.

He was inside a hole on the earth covered by a trunk. He could see the light that rejected him pierce the wooden door he could see the rays pass close to his body and felt fear.

This man knew in a way, what was happening. He knew where he was and why he was hiding in that hole. The beast that rages every night becomes weaker during new moons and stronger during full ones. It's waiting, either for the knight to leave or its strength to grow.

He wants to know why is he cursed? Was his god the one who did it? No, his god wouldn't do such a thing. He wouldn't throw a monster to hurt the innocent, his curse was someone else's doing. But who?

The night was coming and he could feel it, he begged to the living flame that the monster could be vanquished but no anwser was heard nor response.

0