Chapter 6: Beginning of the end
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new morning came, and with it chaos itself. At the governor's house priests and mages alike were speaking of a great calamity that was to come and how the old prophesies were happening as they spoke.

Inside were the head priest, the court magician Vizari, the captain of the guard, the governor and his son Roland.

- I saw the vestige of great souls. They spoke to me about the past glories, the present threat and the coming of death's champion. They spoke in another language, lost and forgotten and they warned me about the undead knight, herald of damnation, holder of the dark's edge and jailor of the light. Said the head priest.

- Sir, there's a great accumulation of curses in the woods, I've sent dogs to track it down but all of them ran away in fear. Something's coming and it's power is old and obscure, we need to evacuate the city and prepare for the attack. Advised the court's mage.

- Evacuate the city?! For what? For them to be attacked by the bandits at the south? Or maybe the armies at the north? This whole problem started when that pesky witch came so I say we interrogate her.

- She's a guest from afar and one with far more credibility than you captain so mind your words. Spoke in solemn voice the governor's son.

- I've sensed a powerful curse there too, although it doesn't seem to be evil in nature, maybe they are connected somehow? Even if it's not related we need her assistance and please do consider on evacuating the city my lord.

- The captain is right, we can't mobilize the people of the city at least not now, part of our soldiers are still helping fight off the sudden rise of bandits. Not to mention the garrison we left at the north. We'll send messengers to the crown asking for more help and close the city gates until this threat has left us.

The governor paused for a second as if he doubted his decision but still said:

- My son and the captain will accompany you Vizari so you may talk to the sorceress outside the city.

The dark is soon to come, would the fangs of the beast devoured the land? Or would it wait as once did when laying siege to cities long lost?

0