Chapter 2 : Aldea
209 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pomegranate tea that burns a cup of glass is placed on my table. It was clear from the puff of steam that thrashed as if it was running away.

 

"Here is your tea, Miss Shia."

 

After saying that, the nurse left the room again. Left me alone in the room.

My mother happened to be out on some business. So I feel a little lonely left alone.

Therefore, to burn the feeling of loneliness in my heart, I drank the hot tea that had just been served. Because it's close enough, with just a light helping hand, I can reach the handle of the cup.

The sweet fragrant aroma tickled my nose.

 

“Hah~….This is the ultimate pleasure.”

 

As promised, today I will receive a new device for my 2 month rehab period. It might be strange to say that during rehab I will be playing games.

It would be more correct to say this was a means to kill my free time during the supposedly 2 month recovery period. So they provide some kind of entertainment that can ease the psychological damage to the patient that may occur.

This is also a form of testing new technology.

I don't mind, actually I'm looking forward to it.

Ok, while waiting for the device to finish setting up. Let me relax enjoying pomegranate tea in peace.

 

"Sorry, Shia,.... Mother left you alone. How...?"

 

Suddenly my hearing caught a familiar warm voice. Mother who seemed to have just left, came back in a hurry like being chased by a giant monster. It was obvious by looking at how much sweat was running down her face.

I also don't understand how I should answer that question, which only has a question word 'how...?'. If not, continue with the addition of auxiliary, subject, main verb, etc. So of course I am confused in giving an answer. I don't even know what else to say.

But mom seems to have gone out for me. Seeing the basket that was brought by the mother containing various kinds of fresh fruit. It sure is for me.

So anyway, I can still come up with a good answer with.....

 

"Thank you"

 

.... or so at least.

 

Continuing her steps, mother smiled at my answer.

It was an exchange that mom and I used to do when we were at home. Remembering the father who used to also give a warm smile is now gone, it makes me a little depressed.

But now I don't want to worry mom. I must be strong.

It was a promise.

 

"Is that device, called 'VR' not ready yet?"

 

After putting the fruit on the table. Mother sat in a regular chair and carefully peeled an apple for me.

It was nicely made into a cute bunny. Mom still likes to do things like that.

I don't mind, otherwise I like it. I always remember that the food mom makes for me is bound to be funny, whether it's for a family meal or as a school lunch.

But I think mom also made this to lighten my heart. So I don't have to be sad all the time.

I accepted it with the cheerful smile I usually show my mother.

When mom did that, on the sidelines, I answered mom's question.

"I don't know, mom. The doctor hasn't given me any news yet."

 

Well, after a while saying this. One of the double doors of this room was partially open, and from it appeared a polite nurse gave me a notice.

 

"The patient named Shia has been allowed to move to another room."

 

As the nurse said, when I was about to get a facility for a VR device. I will change rooms. Previously my personal belongings had also been moved by mom. Now only I need to be moved.

Then I was moved carefully into a wheelchair with mom's help. With mom as the driver, we were led to a new room.

Slightly wider than the previous room, this room is equipped with several electronic devices and other facilities aimed at supporting the needs of patients for the next two months. Seeing this alone, outsiders would definitely assume that this was an ordinary room. Beds, wardrobes with various clothes, shelves and study tables, as well as computer equipment are in it.

But this room reminds me a little of something.

“It's based on Shia's room, so how about it? Does Shia like it?”

Oh, apparently mom is the mastermind behind it all. No wonder.

But it doesn't matter, because it makes me more comfortable.

"Thank you mom."

After giving a short answer, we went inside.

Inside was already a familiar doctor and a unfamiliar man beside him. From my guess, maybe he was the one in charge of installing the VR devices.

I was lifted back from the wheelchair and immediately laid on the bed.

 

"How? Are you ready?"

 

I just nodded in response to the doctor's question.

"Alright, I can't do much, so I'll introduce a specific person. He's someone from a VR company. He's also the one who installed the devices here and he'll also be the one to explain everything to you."

 

After the Doctor said so, a young man in a green vest and a cloth cap took a step forward.

 

"Hello, Shia, my name is Insta from the Aldea Company which develops Virtual Reality based gaming devices. Maybe you don't understand what VR is? How does it function? And others. Let me explain."

 

According to the young man, Aldea Online is a VR game based on the classic RPG system. Then because the type is multiplayer. This game is abbreviated as VRMMORPG.

Aldea Online is based on the dream that almost every human on earth wants, namely the dream of magic. So the setting of this game is based on a fantasy world with the theme of swords and magic.

 

The young uncle also explained while saying, "That's romance in every human being, you know. Especially magician maniac researchers."

 

I don't understand what he means. But I kind of understand on the 'magic as miracle' part. Because I also bet on a miracle. A miracle that can make what I want.

Maybe for example is to regenerate my feet. Even if it's just wishful thinking.

Well, I know that's impossible.

 

Then continue the explanation. The young man said, in the game later everything will look real. Be it soil, flora, and fauna will appear real. Just because for the convenience of minors, the developers will limit the visibility of what can later be seen there. The arrangement has already been made.

Definitely bad to show kids about bloody content. So I agree with that.

I also don't like horror stuff and bloody content. So that's a relief.

 

"But so-called monsters will stay as they are. So some are scary, you know. You have to be prepared." That's another joke.

 

So in other words, all living things will look the same to all players. The only different thing is to add bloody content or not.

Isn't that the same?

For example, what if there is a leech monster? Shouldn't that be censored too?

“But that would lessen the appeal of the fantasy world, wouldn't it? It's at your own risk to play a game like this." And that's what was said as I looked at him in disappointment.

Well, because I have no phobia of such creatures. That's not a problem.

 

It was further said that the humans in the game known as NPCs would have their own intelligence. They are high-tech AI.

For this reason, a player who kills an NPC, unless it is an evil category NPC, the player will be subject to a one-level deduction and become a fugitive.

 

"Because it's very difficult to apply reanimation to NPCs. So don't kill them too easily okay. Of course for humans like bandits and thieves, they can be eliminated but not for civilians, okay?"

 

Nodding to give a little understanding, I continued to listen to this young uncle.

 

The next thing to explain are general guidelines. Such as how to create a character, the status system, how to level up, how to interact with other players, and so on.

Everything took almost 1 hour just for explanation.

I can be patient, but maybe other people will skip the details because reading all the explanations will definitely make one sleepy.

I'm not sarcasm at the young uncle because of his boring explanation, but because there's a lot to understand just by playing this game. It made me learn a lot.

But, since I know it's all important, I'll be patient and keep listening.

Until finally, after all the explanations from the young uncle were finished. I am ready to launch into a new world called Aldea.

I was given a device shaped like a helmet. It is said that this tool will take you to the world of Aldea, like being carried away in a dreamland. From the outside, I would look like I was sleeping. So it's true that Aldea is said to be a dreamland.

 

"Everything is turned on, you can activate it."

 

After the young man said confirmation, I put the helmet on my head and pressed the ON button.

 

After that all my vision that had been dark, slowly began to fog up until finally everything seemed to glow white. I was taken to a room that looked all white and I was like a soul floating in the middle.

 

"Welcome to Aldea Online, my name is GUI. A robot that will be your guide during the character creation process. Nice to meet you, player."

 

"Everything is turned on, you can activate it."

 

After the young man said confirmation, I put the helmet on my head and pressed the ON button.

 

After that all my vision that had been dark, slowly began to fog up until finally everything seemed to glow white. I was taken to a room that looked all white and I was like a soul floating in the middle.

 

"Welcome to Aldea Online, my name is GUI. A robot that will be your guide during the character creation process. Nice to meet you, player."

10