Chapter 5 : Let’s Survive in The Dark
136 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Welcome back. How was the game, Shia?"

 

"Huammm, hm~. That's fun, really fun, Mom! This game....."

 

Waking up from a dream world, to be precise a dream in the Aldea World. Only mom was left in the room. I can't wait to share everything in my head with mom.

 

I feel like sharing this happiness with mom. That's why, when mom asked me about how I played the game, I was too happy to share my feelings from this real experience.

 

"Hm~hmm~, Thank God Chia is happy. Mother is also happy when Chia is happy. It's better to see Chia like this."

 

"Hehehe..."

 

"Hm~ how about we have dinner, mom has prepared Chia's favorite food~"

 

"Really, hurray~"

 

I don't know if I've spent almost 2 hours in the real world. But I feel like I've spent more than that in the gaming world, so I'm really happy with mom's offer.

 

The doctor told me not to play the game for too long, a maximum of only two hours a day. This is so I don't lose my sense of time.

As it turned out, time in the Aldea World was running twice as fast as the real world. For example if I spend 2 hours in Aldea, in the real world the time spent playing games is only 1 hour.

Glancing at the time, it is now 6 pm. So if I start the game around 4pm, I'm already in Aldea for about 4 hours.

 

By now the sun had set, and it seemed that mom had already prepared some food. So we ate together in this room, with mom sitting in the chair while I remained on the bed.

Looks like I'm going to be fed, a little embarrassed, but it can't be helped, I take mom's offer well.

 

After eating, mom went out and told me to go to sleep. But since it's still too early, I'm still having trouble sleeping. After all, when I enter the VR world, in the real world I can also be said to be in a sleep state, so I'm still not sleepy.

 

I'm confused about how I should spend my time.

 

Oh yes. Thinking about it again, mom also said something earlier.

 

"Oh, Right, Shia. You remember the young man from before, Mr. Insta asked you to give your impression and message about the game. If you want, Chia can write down your impressions through the computer."

 

"Okay ma'am~"

 

"Then I'll say goodnight first, okay. See you later."

 

"Goodnight, mom."

 

That's what mom said.

Soon after, mother went and closed the door.

I looked at the computer that was placed near the bed. It was on the closest table so I could reach it.

Just need to move a little.

 

"Despite being asked to write an impression, I can't think of one thing. Hm~?"

 

I thought about what I should write.

I'm not good at judging, so I'm at a loss as to what to write.

But it seems I have one thing I can say.

 

Picking up a portable keyboard, I wrote down my brief impression of the game.

 

Review :

[This game is interesting, both in terms of graphics and reality. It's just that, when logging in, there are things that are at least in accordance with the game settings. It is an abstract robot head that floats to guide the player. He is a picture of obscurity and incongruity with the setting of the game. It would be better if he was replaced with a character that fits into the fantasy world, such as a fairy or anything that has a fantasy world recognition image. Just that. Apart from that everything is very interesting. Hopefully the future will be more interesting. Thank you.]

 

After writing so, I put the keyboard back on the table and yawned instead.

 

Apparently thinking makes me a little sleepy.

Following mom's advice, I lay my head back down and fell asleep immediately.

 

***

 

The next day, I took breakfast with mom as usual. Mom always makes time to accompany me when eating. I know mom is still worried, so I can only silently say 'thank you', deep in my heart.

 

In the morning, the nurse will come to visit.

More precisely to ask my current condition.

The nurse also asks if there are other problems or is there something that is needed?

 

I only gave 'Yes/No' or 'nod/shake' answers to all the questions asked.

After everything was done, I was left alone again.

 

There are not many routine things that I spend during the day. So the night just came.

 

It has been decided beforehand that my playing hours from now on will be moved to evenings.

The reason is, because during the day routines are related to real life, such as studying and traveling.

And at night, because diving into the VR world is tantamount to sleep and no negative effects have been proven, my playing hours are shifted to night.

That's the deal.

 

I didn't mind and mom agreed.

That's why now before I go to sleep, I will wear a VR helmet together while sleeping.

 

I logged in and woke up in the same place as before.

The rooms are simple and cheap for a small inn.

 

I don't care, after all players just need a safe place to respawn, either to rise from the dead or while logging into the game.

 

Because time travel in this world is multiplied, when I log back into this world, it's already another day.

Luckily, I already paid for the room renewal before I logged out beforehand. So no problem.

Please note, when a player respawns but does not have a safe zone, they will still be placed in a certain safe zone with deferred fees.

This means that the system will pay for it and the player will be fined at the price of twice the rental fee.

That's why it's important to have a safe zone.

 

Now my stay is also almost over again, so I'm extending the lease again just in case.

That's why when I got out of the room, I walked to the inn's reception desk to extend the room rent for a week.

 

After that I left the inn and was greeted by a dark day.

 

I didn't think I logged in when it was already night in Aldea.

 

Even though it was night, apparently the city's activities did not die. They looked as alive as in the daytime.

The street is lit by several magic lamps installed on the side of the road. Although not too bright, but enough to light the way.

Some pedestrians can still be seen wandering around, crowding the many stalls that are even open until midnight. Especially those selling alcohol.

Of course, what visited them were the faces of rude men.

It seems that they are local hunters, and definitely not players, but NPCs. There might be players mingling with them, but the chances of that happening are slim.

I know that the limit of people playing the beta version is only 1000 people at most.

And of course this world is very wide to be occupied by 1000 people. With that, the difference in numbers between players and NPCs would be very high. Which caused the ratio of players mixed in the NPC group to be very low.

 

Ignoring the surroundings, I walked on the route as before to head for the forest. There seemed to be a sleepy looking guard guarding the closed gate.

I think going out of town is currently prohibited.

However, who cares?

So with my mischief, as well as with my high agility stat, I was able to jump over the fence unnoticed and into the dark forest.

But before that I need to allocate some SP that I previously got to another attribute. To reduce impact on landing.

 

[ 2 SP to DEX, becomes DEX +2 ]

[2 SP to VIT, becomes VIT +2]

[ 1 SP to STR, becomes STR +1 ]

 

That way I can be safe when I land.

 

This time it was because it was quiet, so I didn't have to run towards the meadow beforehand. Instead, I remained standing still because my field of vision was limited.

 

Because I have a big problem.

 

I forgot it was night. And now I am in a world where there is no advanced lighting technology.

Ugh, I can't see.

Although there is a torch at the gate. But the light cannot illuminate into the distance.

 

I'm really in trouble again.

 

Am I unlucky?

 

Is there a flashlight in this world? Impossible.

 

For now I continued to stand still beside the city wall, close to the gate. Because that's where the torch is placed.

 

But if I stay here, I'll probably be caught by the guards when they wake up.

So before they know it, I want to quickly solve this troublesome lighting problem.

 

Thinking and thinking, Chia. What can I do?

 

Thinking a bit, I wonder if I need to make an artificial torch. But how to make it.

 

Even if I can, if I walk around outside the city with a torch in hand, won't that attract the attention of monsters?

 

But this is all I can think of.

 

After being heavily decided, I boldly went to the edge of the forest to look for wood that could be used as a torch.

 

Stepping carefully, I was lucky, to find a pretty good branch lying on the ground. This branch was about the same diameter as my bony arm and about a meter long.

 

Since I have little survival experience and knowledge of the wild, I just made a torch based on a rough outline.

 

I looked for dry leaves and some lint from the grass around.

 

Then with a beginner's knife, I made the stick widen at one end. Make it look like a finger that opens up.

It is intended as a laying of fuel later, in the form of leaves and dry grass.

 

Because dry leaves burn faster. Dried leaves are only used as an intermediary to speed up the burning of wood.

Sure enough, it's just a simple torch I'll be making to guide my way into the meadows. Simply put, I just carry the wood burned by the fire as a torch.

Thankfully it was a clear night now, with the moon and stars illuminating the sky.

I'm sure the meadows will also be lit up by the soft moonlight. Much better than walking among the tall trees blocking the moonlight.

 

After a simple wooden torch made by amateur hands. I took it to the city wall, to the torch that was attached there.

With the leaves and dry grass used as the wick, I funnel them into the fire from the torch on the wall.

 

[You reached a certain level of proficiency. Skill {Torch} acquired]

 ......

I faintly heard something important, but now I'm busy.

After the fire was lit, I had to quickly go to the meadow before the fire was extinguished. Also I need to watch out for monsters, but also have to be fast without putting out the fire.

 

Honestly it's a tough task, because the faster I run, the wind will blow the torch to tell it to go out. And if I walk slowly, there's a chance I'll attract the attention of monsters.

Even though I was walking on the edge of the forest, I couldn't shake off this restlessness.

 

But fortunately, I was able to head for the vast grasslands without any interaction with the beasts.

 

I'm grateful to have arrived safely.

 

Then instead of throwing it away, I used the remaining torch in my hand to make a bonfire.

But first I need to create an area with no grass around.

With the dried leaves I collected along the way as well as from the dried grass. I made a bonfire in the meadow.

I didn't have to worry about the fire that might spread, because the grass surrounding the campfire had been removed.

The soil around is also moist. So I don't think the fire will spread to the other grass. After all, the grass is still green and fresh. Then, the fire is also not too big.

I can relax without being afraid of the fire that might spread.

 

[You reached a certain level of proficiency. Skill {Camp Fire} acquired]

......

It seemed I heard something again, but right now my mind was focused on something else.

Now the surroundings are a little lighter. I'm ready to face the cute bunnies and looking forward to the barbecue.

 

After being bullied by the little rabbit, on the afternoon of the previous day, I thought that 'it's better if the rabbit is exterminated', so that no one else or the rabbit would look down on me.

I'm also planning to have a barbecue party tonight.

I still intend to take revenge against all the rabbits who have humiliated me.

 

Just wait. And come here quickly.

.........

......

...

Okay, I'm really waiting here, around the fire.

Waiting for the rabbit to appear.

But why nothing shows up.

 

Until finally I caught red spots in the distance.

"E-ehhhhh...?"

================================================================================================

Current Status:

Name : Chia

Gender : Female 

Level : 2

HP : 20

MP : 20

EXP: 100/200

STR : 1 (+1)

AGI : 50

INT : 0

DEX: 2

VIT: 2

SP : 0

Skills:

 practical skills : {Torch}; {Camp Fire}

Title :-

================================================================================================

...Ugh-, why are they all trash skills?

Support me too in ko-fi.

9