Chapter 9 : Take Revenge 2
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The next day.

 

"Mom, can I take a nap now and play VR?"

"I think it's okay. But why?"

"There's something I have to do."

“...Hm...? Is that so? If Chia thought it was important. What else can we do."

 

That way, as usual, mom left for work leaving me.

Right, since I have something to prepare against the wolves at night, I have to log in to Aldea in the morning.

Because 6 am to 6 pm in Aldea is the same as 1 pm to 6 pm in the real world. I have to go then.

Luckily I got mom's permission.

That way, when the time was 1 pm, I immediately took a nap, no, I mean logged into Aldea. Well, it's the same, no need to worry.

Waking up in the usual inn room, it looks like the sun has just risen.

Going downstairs, I asked Mrs. Maria, the receptionist of this inn to make me breakfast and escort it to my room.

Since it was awkward not knowing each other before, she took the initiative to introduce herself. Of course, as a result I also had to give my name.

That's why I know her name now.

After I had breakfast, the sun was already a little higher. Coming out of the inn, I ventured to go for a walk around the city.

Because today the weather is kind, fresh air and sunshine still gently touch me.

As usual the streets of this city are quite busy with the daily life of the city's residents.

Farmers who went to their fields, then people who went shopping, and most striking were the adventurers who rushed to the adventurer guild to scramble for missions. It seems that the slogan that says who is the fastest then they get it, is widely applied in adventurer guilds. Only agile adventurers will get good missions, those who are late will have to be patient with the remnants of trash missions.

I had nothing to do with them, so I ignored them.

This time I aim to visit a weapon shop.

But I don't know where it is and the option to ask is immediately removed from the list.

So that's why I need to take a morning walk around town to find the shop I'm talking about.

 

Perhaps due to high luck, after a few minutes of walking, I immediately found a shop that could be said to be a weapon shop.

It was close to the adventurer's guild, only a few houses away.

Maybe it's natural, since weapons are part of adventurers' lives, I thought.

After mustering up the courage, I hesitantly opened the door and peeked inside.

 

"Si-Sister! I want this one."

"But it's too expensive, how about this?"

“E-eeh,.. but this one is good.”

"It's still too early for you."

 

It seems that many customers also come here.

The shop is quite spacious, has several shelves, cupboards and walls to show off their weapons. With a characteristic odor of iron and some other metals. I'm looking for the weapon I want.

It is a spear.

The weapon I will use against the wolves.

Looking around, I easily found a weapon similar to my description.

Since there was no need to be fancy, I took the ones that cost 5 gold coins and bought 20 of them. That alone has cost me all my money.

But all this is necessary to fight the wolves. So it doesn't matter?

Because everything will be heavy for me to carry and I hesitate to use the inventory system. I went to reception and asked for an order.

There was a bearded uncle with a scar on his left cheek.

 

“20 spears that cost 5 gold coins, please.”

 

Seeing me asking for so many weapons so suddenly, the uncle muttered. It seemed he didn't expect that a little girl would visit his shop.

 

“You bought a lot, little girl. With all those spears, what do you want to use them for? After all, in the first place, were you able to wield that weapon with your bony arms?”

“…..20 spears that cost 5 gold coins.”

“...!”

 

This time I asked for it while holding out 100 gold coins.

 

Seeing me still expressionless and unaffected by his words. The uncle sighed in resignation.

 

“Hah~.... Okay-okay, I'll wrap it up right away. Do you have a magic bag?”

 

I'm confused by his words. Magic bag? What's that? Is it like an inventory system?

 

“Seeing you like that, it seems you have nothing little girl. I'm so worried about your future. Hah~... Okay, let's just say this is a bonus from buying 20 spears. I'll give you one free magic bag. Wait a moment."

 

With that, uncle left and then came back with a simple bag in his hand.

 

“This is a magic bag with the 20 spears you asked for already in it.”

 

Oh, apparently right. Are NPCs more familiar with magic bag items than the inventory system for players.

Because I still don't know about common things among NPCs and I feel there will be problems if I talk about it.

I just silently obeyed and thanked him with the free magic bag item.

This will make it easier for me in various businesses in the future.

After that I exited the shop and quietly stored the magic bag item into the inventory.

In the inventory, the names displayed are as follows.

 

Low level Magic Bag

Contents: 20 Spears [ +5 STR]

 

Going out of town, I ran again towards the Ashora Meadow.

.........

......

...

 

"It's still early, let's do some exercise."

 

For some reason I was a little sad because the rabbits shunned me.

Well, I know the reason. Thanks to the title of [Rabbit Killer], no rabbit would ever come near me anymore.

That's good, because I won't be suddenly attacked again.

That way I can prepare in advance what I need to fight the wolves.

 

But now my money is gone and there is no other way I can think of but to hunt rabbits.

Therefore, I will exercise for a while.

 

If the rabbits were away from me, then I just had to approach them.

In short it's a chase contest.

Just relying on speed, I will hunt the rabbit.

Luckily there were so many rabbits in this meadow. It's not hard to find one.

 

However, this seems a little difficult.

Even though my speed is higher than rabbit. Lack of talent in terms of precision, making the knife I aim often miss.

Even so, slowly but surely, I was able to get used to it.

As a result, about an hour later. I've been able to get five targets.

 

[Your level went up +1]

 

“Eh, going up only after killing five rabbits?”

 

I'm confused because previously I needed to kill dozens of rabbits just to level up, but this time it only takes 5 rabbits?

No, wait a minute. I remember something.

 

"Oh, right. The EXP you get depends on how difficult the problem is, right? So now that it's getting harder and harder to hunt rabbits, the EXP gained increases. Is it like that?"

 

After realizing such an important fact. I'm getting excited.

Knowing that I could level up as long as the problem was complicated, I got even more excited about hunting rabbits again.

While there is still time now, I want to level up again.

 

[Your level went up +1]

 

This time it takes 20 rabbit kills.

Well, that's natural. I also feel like I'm getting used to hunting rabbits as the number of rabbit killings I do increases. 

And because of the level increase before, it is certain that the EXP needed to advance to the next level is increasing. It's natural that now I need 4 times the number of rabbits I killed.

When I'm about to end the rabbit hunt because it's getting harder and harder to level up again. A new voice sounded.

 

[The conditions have been met. Skill {Dagger Art 1} acquired]

 

“E-eeh, really! [Dagger Art]? Isn't this a weapon skill? Ah,… I finally got my first attack skill.”

 

I'm glad, after a long time, I finally got an attack skill. Plus it's a weapon based skill.

 

"But, why only now I get it. What are the requirements for getting this skill? I should have used a lot of knives to kill rabbits.”

 

I wonder why?

Out of curiosity, I checked the details of this [Dagger Art 1] skill.

 

[{Dagger Art 1} is a weapon-based skill that displays the player's proficiency in using a short sword weapon. The higher the skill level, the higher the proficiency]

[Requirements for obtaining {Dagger Art 1} : Successfully kill 20 monsters with a knife or other short sword without any skill assistance. The monsters that are defeated must be at most five levels different from the player.]

 

Is that so? Because previously I killed rabbits with the help of [Hazard Perception 1] and [Evasion 1] skills, so that's why I couldn't get this skill.

 

"By the way, what's the rabbit's level anyway?"

 

I asked silently and no one answered.

Well, that's not important.

Now that the sun has reached its peak. I am getting hungry.

.........

......

...

 

When I went to the edge of the forest I found something interesting.

At first I could have just returned to town to order food. But the distance to the city is far. Constantly running around would definitely be annoying.

Therefore, I took the initiative to go to the boundary between forest and meadow. Because only here the vegetation begins to change.

 

“There might be edible fruit trees. But because in this world the vegetation seems to be made different from the earth. I have to be careful with fruits which may be poisonous.”

 

Luckily I have some useful knowledge.

 

Walking around for a while, I kept looking for something.

Until I finally found one.

It was a flock of birds that were like sparrows. Small in stature, pointed beak, and blue fur with orange stripes running down its body.

They perched on a certain tree and kept picking fruits like berries in the real world.

 

"There it is!"

 

I found it!

True, that knowledge is a way to identify whether a fruit is poisonous or not.

The answer is easy, just find out if other animals eat it or stay away from it.

Even if it's an ant, if the ant is okay with the plant, then I'm fine with it too.

The tree, which was about fifteen meters tall gave off a lot of berry-like fruits. Then with confirmation that birds like sparrows also eat it. So it's definitely safe.

Without hesitation I climbed the tree deftly. Tree climbing is my forte, so it's easy.

Sitting on one of the large branches, I also started picking lots of berries without disturbing the birds.

 

“Hmm~,… sour and sweet.”

 

Moving to a place that bears more fruit, I keep eating the berries until I'm full.

 

[You reached a certain level of proficiency. Skill {Food Collector} acquired]

3