Chapter 10 : Take Revenge 3 (Final Battle)
94 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

At first I intended to use the spear to set a trap before I faced the wolves at night.

Wolves come in groups, that's the most annoying thing. If it's one-on-one, I'll most likely be able to handle it. But if they gang up, I don't know anymore if I can handle it.

That's why I want to reduce the number by setting a trap first.

But now I've leveled up.

And I also know, the more difficult a problem, if I can solve it, then the EXP will be abundant.

Setting a trap might be useful, but now I'm thinking of something else.

Namely, increasing speed.

I know wolves are fast. Faster than a rabbit.

But the last time I saw them, I seemed to be the faster one because I could stay away from the wolves after time had passed.

But since I think it's still not fast enough, I need to speed it up.

That was the advantage of going up the previous two levels.

Without hesitation I added the 10 SP I gained to the AGI.

 

[10 SP to AGI, becomes AGI +10]

 

That way, I should be faster than the wolf.

..........

......

...

 

“Oops, really fast.”

 

I'm now getting used to my new pace. I don't want it to be like when I fought the rabbit the first time. So I practiced moving at speed.

 

Also I want to train with the spear, because this is the weapon I will use against the wolves.

Not that I'm switching from a knife, but a +5 STR spear is better than a +1 STR knife.

It's a bit heavy, but I can still lift it.

With this time remaining, I used it to hunt 20 rabbits.

.........

......

...

The rabbit panicked when it saw me. Running frantically like seeing the predator. But even though the rabbit had put in every effort to escape. The predator was much faster than the rabbit.

 

*JLEB*

 

Suddenly the rabbit's body was stabbed by something from behind. It hurt, but quickly the pain went away, because the rabbit itself could no longer feel its life. 

The rabbit lost its life and became a grain of light.

 

“Phew,… Thus this is the 20th”

 

[Your level went up +1]

 

“Just leveling up? As expected, that means now my level is 5 higher than the rabbit. No problem, just leveling up is enough."

 

That way, I allocate 5 SP to VIT, STR, and DEX.

 

[2 SP to STR, becomes +2 STR]

[2 SP to DEX, becomes +2 DEX]

[1 SP to VIT, becomes +1 VIT]

 

With the addition of STR, now the spear is lighter and the addition of DEX makes it easier for me to handle the spear.

 

"Now I'm ready to hunt wolves."

 

Back at the inn, I logged out right then and there.

 

***

 

Night fell after the sun had passed.

After dinner with mom and while talking the evening as usual. I fell asleep immediately when mom said it was time for me to sleep.

While sleeping, I also dive into Aldea.

Because tonight is wolf hunting night.

I don't know how far I can go, but I will try my best.

Entering the forest, [Night Vision 1] activates automatically.

That way, I no longer need any lighting.

Go to the Ashora Meadow, that's where I will hunt as usual. Because of the vast field, there will be nothing blocking the view.

Looking around, and without waiting for a long time, I found several red dots approaching.

 

“Oh, now there are 10 of them.”

 

After confirming the numbers, I retreated slowly while making sure that the wolves were still chasing me.

Stopping at a berry tree, I turned around to check the number of wolves that were approaching.

There are 10.

Since I don't feel like I can beat them all alone, this time my strategy is to reduce the numbers one by one.

Namely, by stabbing them from the top of the tree.

While the wolves were still chasing me, I rushed up to the tree and sat on one of the branches.

 

The wolf has an average height of 1 meter and a length from head to tail about 3 meters.

So I climbed up to a height of 7 meters, just in case the wolf could jump.

Seems annoyed that the prey went to a hard to reach place. The wolves noisily growled at each other.

Especially when wolves see the prey sitting relaxed while eating something and then throwing the seeds down. It had made the wolves angry.

With the initiative, one of the wolves moved away from the tree and turned around again at high speed. Then with its momentum the wolf tried to climb a tree while jumping and pounced on one of its legs.

 

"Oh, danger."

 

But as the wolf got closer to the prey, something suddenly appeared from the wolf's point of view.

It was iron with sharp eyes.

Because that wolf couldn't stop itself in mid-air. And with great momentum, the wolf's head hit the iron eye.

 

*GRAWRRRGHHH*

.......

The wolf fell with the iron still stuck in its eye. It must have really hurt, and maybe the iron went straight through its brain.

As a result, the wolf's growl gradually weakens, and melts into light particles when completely still and leaves a few drop items.

 

“Oh, even if it's just one wolf, it has raised my level again? Then add it to STR and AGI at a ratio of 3:2.”

 

*GRRRRRRR*

 

With the prey gentle voice, it made the wolf even angrier. Obviously the wolves didn't expect the prey to kill its comrade.

 

Now another wolf, trying to climb from the tree trunk with its paws. Standing on the existing branches, the wolf tries to grab its prey.

But just as the wolf was still halfway to its prey, another sharp point of iron suddenly appeared.

This time it was not the wolf that had the big momentum, but it was the pointed tip that had the big momentum.

Quickly, the iron eye was swung up and down, towards the half-open jaw of the wolf.

 

*BUCK*

 

As a result, the wolf fell from the sudden attack. Groaned for a moment before finally dissolving into light completely and leaving the dropped items behind.

...

 

[Your level went up +1]

 

"Oh, this is the 6th finally giving a level."

 

By fishing the wolves one by one to approach me. I will overthrow them one by one.

When the wolf approaches, I will suddenly take out a spear from the inventory.

If the wolf comes with a jump, I just need to put the spearhead in its path. With a slight swing, it had already damaged its skull. It must be because the momentum of the incoming wolf was extremely fast, much faster than the leaping rabbit.

Then if the wolf tried to climb the tree, then I would take out another spear and stab it right away.

When the wolf fell, the spear would also fall because I couldn't bear its weight or because it broke on impact.

So far everything has been going smoothly and I have killed 6 wolves. The level has also gone up by two.

 

Seeing its comrades slowly falling one after another, the biggest wolf looked furious.

When the other wolves were scared to climb the tree, the biggest wolf took some distance from the tree and started to sprint towards me.

 

"Fast!...."

 

I was surprised by the speed of this wolf which was much faster than other wolves.

Oh, bad. If it continues like this, the wolf will surely hit me.

I quickly took out another spear to place in the wolf's path.

But what happened was something unexpected.

Moving its head, the huge wolf, pounced on the spear from the side and grabbed the spear forcibly and dropped it to the ground.

 

Oh, danger. This big wolf is a professional.

Even the [Hazard Perception 1] skill was active and activated the [Evasion 2] skill to reflexively dodge the big wolf's attack.

Of course, I couldn't completely dodge it because some of its claws scratched my left arm. As a result I lost my balance and fell from the tree.

 

"Ouch!"

 

I saw the HP bar drop towards half.

 

One problem hasn't been solved yet, another problem has come.

The three wolves still below, seeing that I had been taken down by the leader of their pack, started to get excited again.

Excitedly, they ran towards me.

The distance is close enough, just one jump, they will pounce on me.

 

"Damn! There is not enough time. Take out all the spears!”

 

While closing my eyes for fear of the end. I desperately took out all the spears right in front of the wolves that were about to pounce on me.

I just put it level with the wolves in the air.

Could it injure them or had it fallen to the ground first by gravity? I don't know because I closed my eyes.

When I feel fine, I open my eyes to make sure. 

And what happened right when I opened my eyes was a bright light that was like a burst of light.

Apparently the spear was properly ejected. Almost, if it was too late or too soon, I might die.

Spears appeared a fraction of a meter apart from the three wolves. Even though they were randomly placed, out of the 14 spears, several appeared right in front of the wolves.

And as a result it hit eyes, mouth, and neck in one go.

Although the spear remained silent without anyone holding it back, but because the momentum of the incoming wolf was enormous. The spears could make a wolf's head drenched in blood. But because the blood was replaced with a spark of light. When the wolf died right before Chia's eyes, a burst of light occurred. That's what Chia saw.

The wolf that became a grain of light now left only the dropped identical drop items.

 

*GRRRRRRR*

 

"Oh I forgot. There's one more."

 

When I was blown away by the wolf, the [Hazard Perception 1] skill activated again. This time from behind, where it was a blind spot.

But because of the [Evasion 2] skill, even though it was close, I managed to dodge it.

Luckily for me, even though the wolf's attack came suddenly from behind, the wolf's thirst for killing effect saved me.

 

"Yeah, it's one on one now, right?  There are no more comrades to help you. That is what is called a fair fight! Don't you know that?  How does it feel to fight alone?”

 

*GRRRRRR*

 

At my provocation or because the wolf lost its comrades, This big wolf became very angry.

Might be wary since all my attacks are based on surprise attacks. That is, throwing a spear when the wolf approached, this big wolf became alert.

But since all of my spears in the inventory were exhausted, there were no more surprise attacks. One of the attacks I have is with a beginner knife and support skill [Dagger Art 1].

After all, this is my chance to use this skill in a one-on-one match.

 

Taking out the knife from the inventory, I held it in my right hand.

I immediately manifested the SP I just got to 2 DEX and 3 AGI.

 

"Now!"

 

I ran fast towards the big wolf. No, let's call it the boss.

The boss also moved towards me ferociously while roaring.

 

*GRRRRRR*

 

With both claws, the boss spreads its front legs to deliver a claw attack.

Since the attack was a concentrated attack, I rolled to the side deftly, being careful not to get hurt.

Immediately, I got up towards the boss wolf which still had its momentum forward. From the side, I tried to stab the boss stomach.

But as I expected, the boss is agile, the boss can land immediately and make a quick jump.

But it looks like the boss is a few seconds late, the proof is that a few drops of blood that became beads of light spilled from stomach.

Even though it was a minor injury, I was satisfied that it had reduced the boss's HP.

But how it goes, the boss is not only fast, but also skilled. Movements are agile and smooth, and the boss is easy enough to dodge common attacks.

I need some kind of distraction.

 

"Oh, that's it."

 

I saw the remains of the spear that was now lying on the ground. If I pick it up and throw it at the boss to distract, even if it's brief, it'll definitely be enough for me.

But just as I was about to go pick up the spear, as if understanding my intentions, the boss moved quickly towards me again.

 

"No way, the boss can still move quickly and freely in such a wounded state?"

 

How persistent it is.

With the [Evasion 2] skill, due to the danger reflex I received, I managed to dodge again.

But luckily thanks to that, I was transferred to where the spear lay.

I smiled contentedly, finally I can end this fight.

Put the knife back in the inventory. I held two spears in my hand.

 

*GRRRRRR*

 

Perhaps annoyed to have let me get the spears back, the wolf growled angrily.

 

“Hehe, this is my win.”

 

With a sprint-like start, like a fired cannon, I quickly dashed towards the wolf while holding two spears.

 

The boss wolf is also on alert for the worst that may come from its prey.

So far it was this prey that could go this far. The wolf is a creature that is very confident in its victory when it is on its territory.

By forming a group of guards. Any enemy that comes to its territory, will easily become its food.

But this is the first time the boss wolf has found a prey that is very dangerous to the wolf’s territory.

Even though this boss wolf was one of the leaders of the guard wolf pack. 

The boss wolf could see how terrifying this threat would be if allowed to develop.

It was possible that this prey could bring down the wolf's territory.

Therefore, the boss felt very responsible to stop this prey.

Although wolves can't understand human language, but from the movements, atmosphere, or aura of their enemies. The wolf can judge whether the enemy is dangerous or not. At first the boss wolf only looked at this prey as a soft little prey. But as soon as the boss saw this prey casually kill its comrades, the boss wolf’s view of this prey changed.

The prey smiled ghastly as it killed its comrade.

And now the prey also gave the same smile, no that was more terrifying.

After getting the two long sticks in both hands, the aura that was emitted changed. It was an aura of pleasure, the pleasure of a battle. That aura proved that the enemy was certain to lose. Although not a certainty, but with an opponent who had an aura like this made the wolf boss feel restless and fearful of defeat.

That also applies to the wolves, so the boss wolf know that too.

And after taking a crouched stance, the prey ran towards the boss wolf very quickly. Whether it was just a feeling or reality, but the boss wolf felt that the little prey was getting faster.

Sensing the impending danger, the wolf boss could only be on alert for the impending attack.

In the midst of the prey's flight, a spear was thrown at high speed.

It is the combined speed of running plus the speed of thrust when throwing, which is why spears glide quickly.

Because it was so sudden and fast, the boss wolf reacted too late. As a result its evasion was not so smooth.

Just when the boss started to balance itsself again. The other spear was in sight.

Without being able to react, the spear shot towards its left neck.

 

*GRUARRRGHHH*

 

Due to the pain that hit the boss wolf, a roar of pain sounded loud.

Without waiting, I, who was looking forward to that moment, dashed off swiftly when supported by the [Escape 1] skill, which would double my speed.

Although it might be an abuse of benefits, but it doesn't matter if [Escape 1] which should be used for escaping, is used by me to increase speed towards the opponent.

As I accelerate at double speed, in that instant I took out my beginner knife.

Like a meteor moving flat, I jumped and slid into the wolf's belly.

The knife went straight through the wolf's outer skin, as well as me, who hit the wolf also suffered an impact injury. But it's not problem, that's why I'm aiming for the belly, which is definitely softer than the rest.

While falling, I also took the time to make a wide incision.

The blood that was now being replaced by beads of light shot out in such a rush, causing me to be blown away by the light again.

 

*GRAURRRGHHH*

.....

The boss wolf is also getting weaker in rebelling.

And slowly but surely, as I lay on the ground I could see the wolf starting to collapse on its own.

And a few moments later, the perfectly fallen boss wolf began to become a dazzling light.

 

“Haha, that was fun.”

 

While lying down facing the starry sky, I smiled contentedly.

 

[Your level went up +1]

[Your level went up +1]

[Your level went up +1]

[Your level went up +1]

[The proficiency level has been reached.....]

[...]

[...]

.....

...

.

 

In the end I heard a lot of things, but that problem can be solved later. I feel very tired now.

Even though this is a virtual world, this world is also made as real as possible with reality. So fatigue, hunger and pain are also remade for the senses of the players.

Therefore I feel tired.

Not wanting to run anymore, I immediately logged out of here after collecting all the drop items dropped by the wolves.

Spear, I leave it as it is.

If you are satisfied with this story, please support me.

4