A Stiff introduction
2.3k 19 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue 

_______

__________________

"Waaaahhhh-!"

A loud cry resonated outside the chamber, and the servants who heard it from the long corridor from their position began to quiver in fear as a man with long raven hair and piercing red eyes approached the room slowly where the cry had originated from.

When he tried to enter the room and saw his healthy infant daughter dozing in the arms of a pale woman, the attractive young man, who was standing beside the door let out a short relieved sigh.

His daughter was simply perfect.

The man paid no attention to the dying woman who gave birth to his precious daughter and simply strolled towards the crying baby in joy, he kneeled down and reached out towards his daughter who was in the arms of some filth laying down on a dingy bed with his strong arms in expectation but then frowned when his daughter simply refused the man by grabbing the hem of her birth mother's clothes

He rose up, still frowning, and glared angrily at the woman. As though he was accusing her of being the reason for his daughter's rejection.

The pale woman ignored his stare and simply peered at him, protectively cradling the infant in her arms.

"You already saw, didn't you? My daughter rejects you, hates you. Didn't we have an agreement, Ferun?" the woman asks, raising an eyebrow. Despite the fact that she was becoming weaker by the minute, she talked with grace and dignity. "Once I gave birth to a healthy child, the baby would determine whether I live or die; in fact, the baby has already made up her mind."

The frail woman smirked as she noticed Ferun gritting his teeth in disgust at her comments.

"You wench. I know you did something to my daughter. Did you force her to love you? Must you be so vulgar to do such a horrendous thing to a new born baby just so I could turn you into a vampire and make you live longer!" he roared unreasonable, clenching his left fist tightly as he slowly began to reach out his other hand to his now sleeping daughter.

The woman scoffed at his frantic attempt and drew her daughter closer to her.

"Hah-! You think I'm a fool? I know what happens to humans who give birth to demons. They die, simple as that, and only 5% of the time can you successfully give birth to a child without it dying for an hour along with the child as well." The lady laughs venomously at Ferun. Even if her body was protesting at her actions, she forced herself to ridicule the man in front of her in fervor.

"Melissa... You..!"

"What? Did I somehow insult the Grand Arch Duke of the Thorns? Oh how silly of me. Please excuse my impudence dear Duke" The woman, Melissa, taunted joyfully.

"If you want to hold Rosalina, keep your end of the bargain; even if I die today, you or your slaves cannot keep MY daughter without the blood contract interfering," she sneered as he snapped the handle of the bed Melissa was laying down on in rage.

"Fine!" Ferun spits, his fury visible on his face as he approaches menacingly towards a table with a cup, suddenly producing a knife in his hand. Melissa, who was scrutinizing his every move, simply looked puzzled.

"What are you-"

"Getting my high grade blood on your body, what else? Hmmph-! So you think I'd sully myself by biting your filthy neck?" snorts the man, scorn visible on his noble features. "Keep dreaming, filth; when this is all over, I'll make certain that all your filthy blood is removed from my precious daughter."

Melissa glowered as she held Rosalina securely in her arms. Clearly offended by Ferun's cruel statements.

"You will do what to my daughter?" She demanded with a glare.

However, the man ignored her stare as he chopped his arm with his knife without even batting an eye at his injury, blood dripping into the cup. He marched over to the woman and handed her the cup full of his blood, sneering as he did so after turning around and walking back towards the door, but not before giving Melissa a frown and his daughter a loving glance as he left them be.

Melissa sighed in relief as she realized Ferun had finally left. Her expression lost in concentration as she held the cup up to her face, suspiciously inspecting the blood.

She swallows the blood with apprehension and gagged at the flavor.

"Disgusting," she exclaimed in contempt. However she did feel energetic again so she was happy about that, but still frowned at the implications. "Vampire blood... I can't believe I'm turning into a monster like him."

Then her expression faltered as she looks down upon her baby.

"But, Rosalina, you are an exception," she murmured lovingly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I-I... Always wanted to have my own... Family.. A loving family," Melissa chokes, a sorrowful smile on her face. "My...old family... they never truly loved me, only a tool to be used for power and glory... so when they sold me to that filthy scum of a vampire... I thought... I really thought I would've die without feeling what love really is."

"But I didn't. I didn't die! Rosalina, even though you're a vampire, I vow to be a good mother to you." She grins as she cradles her daughter close to her. "Just thank God you resisted him."

"Thank.... God..." Melissa yawned, smiling, and snuggling into her mattress with her daughter. Soon after, Melissa was able to sleep peacefully. Not realizing her daughter was actually wide awake.

The infant's eyes were indeed closed throughout the argument. But she wasn't sleeping at all, just the opposite.

And since she was a new born baby, she can't actually see anything without it being blurry, so she just closes her eyes in thought.

Who knew that her parents suddenly had an argument.

A loud one at that, and the baby at the time couldn't help but complain in her heart.

'What happened and how did I became rich enough to personally hear a soap opera up close?'

___________

A/N: Lol, I can't stop laughing when the tone is just so serious and the main protagonist just muck it all up.

65