6 – Growth & Bubbles
1.1k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasumi slowly wakes up, feeling a weight lifted off her chest. It feels like an unseen burden has been solved. She can't remember her dream, but she remembers it being terrifying yet fulfilling.

She feels her muscles tense up, as if exhausted, and looks at her fingers. No color at all. She feels hungry, so she walks over to her closet and grabs an ingot of bronze. She smells it… It smells like bronze. She tastes it, yep it's definitely bronze.

"Well, I guess I went through another awakening."

She picks up some silver and starts munching. As she eats, her hands turn silver. No longer a slightly normal color that can be passed off as an awful spray tan. Once she reaches the peak of her power, she'll be known as… the Silver Surfer! Wait, no…

Kasumi eats significantly less than she had to with bronze, being full with only five ingots instead of about twenty bronze ones. The silver ones are also significantly smaller than bronze, only being about as wide as two fingers and as long as one. She finishes them, and sits down at her computer. She opens google and sees that google is spelled out with water and water hoses, with a manga-style drawing of water hose leaning on both sides. As Kasumi sees this, her chest tightens up and tears flow from her eyes.

"They're really gone, huh?"

She searches 'Water Hose' on google. Several articles pop up saying that it was "a noble sacrifice" or "for the greater good."

Kasumi slams her fist down on her desk in anger, slightly cracking the wood,

"DAMMIT! NO! HEROES DYING ISN'T A GOOD THING YOU FUCKING IDIOTS! WHAT GOOD IS A DEAD HERO?!"

Kasumi gets livid and goes to YouTube to watch more compilations of Water Hose.

Several videos play of them saving people from house fires, beating fire-based villains, and helping with rescues at sea. At the end of the compilation, the male member of Water Hose is giving an interview,

[Reporter: So, Izumi-sama, what would you say makes a hero?]

[Izumi: Ah, well… That's different for different people. Each person you ask will tell you something different. As for me, I believe that a person willing to put themselves at risk for others is a hero, regardless of their quirk. One day, I was on my patrol back at home and there was a little girl who was about to be hit by a drunk driver. I was too far away to do anything, so I was going to try to move the truck with a strong stream of water. Some guy on the sidewalk ran out and grabbed the girl before I could even charge up. The car ended up slamming into a post nearby, but the girl came out fine. I came to find out, the guy had just lost his job. You know how cruel our society is to the quirkless. Regardless of how the world has treated him, he still decided to risk his life to save another. THAT is a true hero.]

Kasumi looks up with tears in her eyes at Mr. Izumi's genuine smile. She takes out her figures of the couple cries while holding them to her chest.

After a few minutes of crying, Izumi starts to get hungry so she gets up to go to the kitchen. Her eyes are puffy and she looks exhausted. As she goes into the living room, her dad gets up from the couch and pulls her into a hug. She's about to back away before she realizes, it doesn't feel uncomfortable… Rather, it's comfortable and warm. She slowly lifts her arms up and hugs him back. Tears flow from her eyes again as they hold each other in a warm hug.

"I know how hard it is to lose your childhood hero, pumpkin. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you."

Kasumi nods her head and pushes her face into his chest.

Makoto feels a warmth in his heart he's never felt before. Almost as if a connection that wasn't quite there before has formed between him and his daughter. Tears start to come from his eyes as well as he holds his daughter close.

After a few seconds, Kasumi shimmies a little and they release the hug. It feels like a weight has lifted from both of their chests.

Zuri, who was sitting on the couch silently, feels warmth pass through her body seeing her daughter finally opening up.

Makoto pats his daughters back and says,

"Well, me and your mother decided on dinner. Steak from Uncle Ushida's!"

And so, they enjoyed a marvelous steak dinner that night to fight off the depression threatening to break through Kasumi's psyche. Kasumi laughed and cried, spending several minutes in her father and mothers arms. Uraraka was also invited out after she went back home. Her mom and dad were going to give her money, but Kasumi's parents refused to let them pay. Kasumi and Uraraka then spent the night together.

After getting home, Kasumi and Uraraka got in the bath together. Her bathroom has a jacuzzi style bath, so they both have plenty of room. Bubbles fill the entire tub and then some, making a mountain of suds. Kasumi stands up in the tub and has a bubble beard coming down to her  belly button. Uraraka gets a full view of Kasumi's… assets… and starts blushing.

Kasumi then gets Uraraka to sit in front of her and uses the bubbles and water to make Uraraka's hair stand straight up like Alfalfa.

After messing around for a while, Kasumi just kind of lays back and relaxes.

Uraraka looks at her in the face and says,

"I know you're hurting. I can see it. You can talk to me if you need to. I know it can be hard to talk to your parents about stuff like this."

Kasumi kind of freezes for a second and tears start to pool in her eyes as she slowly moves over beside Uraraka and puts her head on her shoulder. They spend a few minutes in this position before rinsing off in the shower and getting ready for bed. Kasumi gets on the left side of the bed, and Uraraka gets on the right. Over the course of the night, Kasumi ALSO ends up on the right side, cuddling Uraraka like a body pillow.

[Uraraka liked that]

—------------------------------

50