A Message For The Media
446 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Kasumi got home from saving that boy, she felt as if she was reborn. (eh? eh?)

She immediately got to work training herself again. She ate a couple silver pieces and went off to the park.

Makoto is sitting on the couch, reading a mystery novel as he hears Kasumi's feet slapping on the floor. She comes running down the stairs in a workout outfit, which surprises him. Makoto is shocked as he sees the smile plastered on his daughter's face. The past few days have been miserable for her. Her injuries left an impact on her mentally. He'd sometimes be woken up by her screaming at night from a nightmare. He was incredibly worried about her, and even scheduled an appointment with a psychologist for her. But, seeing that smile on her face, he knew something good must have happened to her.

"I'm going to the park!"

Makoto faces her and says,

"Alright, be safe! Have fun!"

Kasumi nods her head and smiles, doing the little hop people do when they have backpacks on.

She gets to her usual spot, the hollowed out boulder and starts punching it.

Each punch effortlessly cuts through the stone. She then gets an idea, she changes the energy to look like a sort of hook. She puts it into the rock and slowly starts lifting.

Slowly, but surely, the remaining rock lifts out of the dirt. The moist, fluffy dirt underneath is crawling with insects as she lifts it up. A cockroach appears from somewhere around the boulder which prompts Kasumi to jump, squeal,  and release her energy. The boulder slams down on the cockroach with a loud thumping noise. The area around Kasumi shakes slightly as Kasumi recovers from the disgusting sight of a cockroach.

Kasumi laughs slightly as she admires her work. She moved the boulder several feet over from its original spot it had been for hundreds of thousands of years. She celebrated her achievement with a celebratory bite of silver, then continued on, looking for a new boulder.

—--------------

UA has been getting slammed constantly over the past few weeks. At first, it was just because of the fact that villains broke into UA with ease, but then the news was released,

[BREAKING NEWS: STUDENT OF UA KILLED IN ATTACK]

["This just in, police have release information that a student of UA was among the dead left in the wake of the attack. This coming in AFTER Eraser Head confirms killing several heroes, disproving thoughts that some students were forced to kill several villains during the attack to save their own lives. Many have speculated that the students death could have been avoided had the school implemented better security measures in case of an attack. We reached out to Principal Nezu for a comment on this matter, but have not yet heard back from him.]

Kasumi hears this as she leaves the park, being played on a screen on the side of a building.

"What the fuck?"

She runs back home and takes the remote from her dad, turning it to the news. She hears the whole story, how the media is attempting to demonize several of the teachers, calling them killers training the next generation of killer after them, a few wanted to try to get a hit in on All Might, but they were review bombed into oblivion. Kasumi looks at all the garbage the media was attempting to spoon-feed the people who absolutely would not fact check them, and gets angry. She storms to her room and takes out her phone. She gets an idea in her head and starts recording herself,

"Hello everybody, uhm, you probably don't know me, but I'm a student at UA. Specifically, I'm in class 1-A. A lot of stuff is being said about the attack that just isn't true. People keep calling the teachers trained killers, but they did it to save us. Our lives were in danger!"

Kasumi takes a second and breathes in deeply,

"I was hospitalized for a week straight, and I'm lucky I got away with only that much. With several dozen villains to each singular student, only one was killed, and one was heavily injured. That shows nothing to me, but competent, protective teachers who would do anything to keep their students safe. And as for the media who keeps saying that security was too lax, let me tell you what happened the day before the attack."

Kasumi's brows furrow as anger rises up in her. With hatred in her voice she says,

"I got to school and walked to the gate, and noticed a giant crowd of people with cameras, microphones, and obnoxious personalities. That's right, the media. Several of my classmates were being harassed by these people, with several asking questions an adult should NOT be asking children. Most of them however, were after one thing. Something about All Might. And, in their entitled minds, they believed the school OWED them a comment on the matter."

Kasumi scoffs and continues,

"When the school refused, they attempted to force their way in illegally. That's when the gigantic three feet thick metal gate slammed up in front of them. The school DOES NOT ALLOW strangers in AT ALL! In order to be allowed in, you have to go through several steps just to see the main building, let alone the top-quality training facilities. And how did the media react? Like children.

Kasumi scoffs again and looks away from the camera for a second.

"They stayed in front of the gate and stomped their feet like five year olds. It was a pathetic display, really. Grown men and women acting like they were the last pick on a dodgeball team. And then, a villain shows up. His quirk has the power to turn things into dust from what I remember. The guy essentially melts the door, and what does the media do? I'll tell you what they didn't do, record the guy. There was no media video released of the man behind melting the door."

Kasumi clenches her fist and grits her teeth,

"They instead charged through the gate and caused a mass panic in the school. Many students believed the school was being attacked. The teachers came and stopped the media from charging into the school and harassing literal children just to get a story online. Though, they have a much bigger sin than just harassing students."

Kasumi sticks her finger up and states,

"They were knowingly letting a villain onto school grounds. They were. The guy broke the gate, and instead of being good people and calling him out to the heroes, they ignored him and charged forward like a mindless mob of zombies. It was absolutely pathetic how they acted."

Kasumi looks away from the camera and grimaces slightly,

"And as far as the attack goes, It came from nowhere. The villains had a person with a portal quirk, and they teleported directly into the building. They had several hundred villains with them. Given, not all of them were strong, but it's still a lot for children to deal with. Throughout the entire attack, I was swinging at everything that moved around me, because I knew they wouldn't hesitate to kill me."

Kasumi's eyes start tearing up,

"Aizawa-sama immediately jumped in, not bothering to even ask the students or Thirteen for help. His exact words were, "Thirteen, keep the children safe." And without another word, he jumped down and started fighting. The portal villain, however, teleported the students into different places in the building, isolating us. Aizawa-sama fought for hours on end, and even saved the life of… Someone I love very much."

Tears start falling from her eyes as she remembers the man attacking Tsu,

"He kept going well past what anyone else could, and he did it for us. Then, All Might showed up. That, to me and Aizawa-sama, was the que to finally rest. After All Might took care of the really strong villain, the other heroes took care of the rest of the cannon fodder. The teachers are heroes by trade. And so, they saved us. That's all I have to say. I don't expect many people to see this. But if it somehow gets seen, just know that the teachers were real heroes during the attack."

Kasumi gets ends the recording and very quickly makes a YouTube account called "Mystic Oni" and uploads the video. She then goes to sleep.

---------------------------------

25