Chapter 40
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since Stairmount has decided not to follow James' suggestion, he thus returns to his original idea - coming back to his parents.

Actually, he doesn't like this idea. The reason is; the possibility of this idea in saving his life is the smallest, and becomes more awful since he adds Daphne and her mother into his list. After all, his parents are just the small convenience store traders who have no power or influence. Don't get him wrong, Stairmount has never been ashamed of the status of his parents. He just doesn't like his father's antipathy towards his choice of job - but that's not the same as being ashamed of his parents. What he means right now is, he needs something powerful and influential to save his life. However, he can't help but be forced to heave a frustrated sigh in the end. He stands alone, fighting against a very powerful organization which is even feared by many important world figures. Who can save him now?

Nobody can. It is even much better to come and meet with his parents now. At least, he can get the warmth of a family, and maybe from there, if God can suddenly take pity on him, He can provide a sudden solution he has never thought about for a long time.

Therefore, Stairmount decides to express his opinion to Daphne and Mrs. Yalle the next morning in the dining room. "We'd better go to Emerald soon afterward."

"Why do we have to go there?"  Daphne asks.

"We're going to my parent's house."

Both Daphne and Mrs. Yalle are now staring straight at Stairmount with wide eyes. Then, the two of them stare at each other. The idea crossing suddenly their minds is the same.

However, instead of asking about the thought inside their minds, Daphne asks, "When will we leave?"

"As soon as possible. We can depart when you're ready."

"Ah... we're always ready at any time..."

"This will be different from our last trip from Pearl to Tiara which only takes a few hours by bullet train. We'll be crossing Jupiter from the southernmost to the northernmost. Even if we go by rocket, it's going to take us 9 hours. So, make sure you get enough rest, and we can leave here after that."

But Daphne and Mrs. Yalle are now overpowered by a bunch of happiness. Especially when they heard Stairmount is about to take them to meet their parents. Both of them get the same thought; Stairmount wants to propose Daphne formally.

"We are not tired, really! All we are doing is just getting sluggish here, after all. We can leave at any time!" Mrs. Yalle exclaims happily. Daphne has told her everything that happened last night. She is overjoyed to hear that she doesn't make a wrong guess, that their plan is going well, and that Daphne's love goes both ways. It is not strange for Mrs. Yalle to be overjoyed since she assumes that things have even become smoother and more joyful than her assumption.

Seeing the look on their faces which are filled with joy, Stairmount can't help but feel confused. Strange, how come they can be this cheerful? I am so scared to death by this plan, but why do they have the different thoughts?

But he has no time - let alone mood - to think deeply about the 'oddity'. Time is so precious to pass up. "Alright. If you're ready, the sooner we get there, the better. Let's go."

***

Once again, they use their previous disguise since they are about to travel by rocket. But the rocket they are taking is not as long as before which took all day, it takes only 6 hours. Daphne gets a window seat, different from the previous time when she gets a seat in the middle between her mother and a stranger. That way, she can look out the window as she likes. She stares at the airstrip which is getting smaller and smaller, while the plane is flying through the pink, orange, and reddish tinges of clouds shone by the glimmer of the evening sun.

"Mom, actually I am worried to meet with Mr. Rivers' parents."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

And once again, Stairmount gets a seat away from Daphne and Mrs. Yalle, so they can talk about any topic they want, just like before. Daphne keeps looking out the window as she said that. Her mother asks, "What do you worry about, Sweetie?"

"Well... if Mr. Rivers is really going to propose to me... I'm so nervous. We are the refugees, and Mr. Rivers' family must be very rich."

Mrs. Yalle gets startled. Daphne is correct, she can't blame her daughter for her inferiority. Stairmount must be a respectable person for certain. The member of a highly elite organization in Jupiter and even all over the Planet, and he is clearly very rich - their jet train round-trip tickets from Tiara to Pearl, and the rocket tickets from Pearl to Emerald, it is he who paid it all, he always refuses the payment from Mrs. Yalle. Not to mention the cost of accommodation and other costs. And it is very easy for him to spend that much, as if he is just spending a dime. Therefore, she understands very well the reason why Daphne can suddenly feel worried now.

"Don't be pessimistic, Sweetie. You are not from a middle-class family, you know. Your father is a very respected doctor. And you also study in a good school," Mrs. Yalle assures her.

"But not in the capital. And my home country isn't as big as Jupiter." Daphne still doesn't take her eyes off the window. "Why... I doubt about it, will Mr. Rivers' parents accept me as their daughter-in-law... because of my status..."

Copyright © boundless_universe

1