Chapter 61
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is postmidnight at this time, but Daphne still can't fall asleep, although she has been lying in bed from two hours ago. She knows, it is all because of the information Rico told this evening. She has exchanged the ultra-cyber minipad numbers with Rico, and Rico has promised to let her know when his father has time to meet with her. That fact inevitably makes her tension rise. Because, through Rico's father, Daphne would find out something else about Stairmount. Something about his past, which she never knows before.

"... We know each other in only a very short time, we don't really understand the real characters of each other..."


"... Maybe if you trace me further, you'll find some of my characters that you hate..."

Stairmount is correct, anyway. They get to know each other only in a very short time. From the first time of her meeting with Stairmount, their relationship just develops in just one month at most. Can be less, can be more, but it won't make too much difference. And one month is not a long duration. Her mother married her father after they had been dating for a year. So, we can say that they have had a full understanding of their respective personalities. Indeed, at first, she is determined to marry Stairmount, as Stairmount was willing to save her life, it even leads the young man to endure a hard time - Stairmount is willing to sacrifice for her. Women are always easy to fall in love with any man becoming a hero in their lives, and it is the same with Daphne. After all, the best way to test the sincerity of a man for his lover, is to see whether he is willing to sacrifice for her or not, right? But Stairmount has done it for her whereas she never tests him at all; the young man had been willing to sacrifice for her even when they have not yet entered into any intimate relationship. What kind of woman doesn't fall in love with such a kind of that man? That's why her mother can quickly agree with her to get married to Stairmount.

But will her mother's opinion remain the same, if her father's death turns out to be very related to Stairmount?

"... At that time, a big case has occurred, between Stairmount Rivers and the research doctors. If I'm not mistaken, the physician-scientists were also ethnic Neptunians..."

His father is also one of the physician-scientists at Mist Laboratory. Daphne doesn't know whether there are other Neptunian physician-scientists working there, but she is certain that there aren't many Neptunians in Pluto outside of Sapphire City. Then his father died a few weeks after having contact with Jupiterians, and she still doesn't know the main reason for this, since his mother insists on keeping the fact from her for some hidden reason. But if Mom hears this... would she be willing to tell me about the real reason for Dad's death?...

Daphne's ultra-cyber minipad beeps softly. Daphne takes it, and when she reads the sender of the message, her heart skips a beat. "Stairmount..."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

Yes, her mind has turned chaotic right now. Since he is her future husband, Daphne should have felt very happy as she receives a message from Stairmount who is currently so far away from her, but another feeling which is much greater than the feeling of longing - fear. She is feared of Stairmount; no, she is feared to hear the truth about Stairmount which is covered by the thick darkness for all this time.

"Daphne, I've arrived in Saturn. Have you fallen asleep? Is it getting night in Emerald? I just want to let you know that I am fine. Oh, and one more. I really miss you, Daphne. Alright, that's all I want to say for now. Have a nice sleep, Daphne. Love you, from your future husband."

With a pounding heart, Daphne forces her mind to incite the telepathic text. "I haven't slept, Stairmount. I also miss you so much", then sends it.

Shortly after, her ultra-cyber minipad rings. Daphne quickly picks it up. "Stairmounts?" She soon realizes that her voice at this moment sounds unnatural.

* ) Actually they can carry on a conversation by using video calls, but according to the technology system on this Planet, that way is vulnerable to causing their identity falsification to be exposed. Because they are now using fake identity card ultra-cyber minipad numbers.

Without any help from Community, Daphne manages to get a new minipad card number. Stairmount gets one of the data from Chrono's system and gives that fake number to Daphne. In his opinion, this method is much safer than buying number cards from abroad.

"Hi, Daphne my Honey. You haven't slept yet?"

"I... can't sleep..."

"Because you miss me?" Stairmount's voice sounds seductive.

Daphne forces a smile. "True... I really miss you..."

"I also really miss you, Daphne. That's why, even though I'm very tired after traveling for a long time, I'm not sleepy right now. Because this is the moment I've been waiting for, Daphne. The moment when I can talk with you again."

"I am also very happy to talk with you right now..."

"How are you? How is your mother?"

"I'm... fine. Mom's also fine. How about you?"

"Well, I have something to tell you, Daphne..." But after that, a very long silence follows. Daphne even thinks that the connection has been interrupted. "Stairmount... You hear my voice?..."

"Wait a moment, Daphne..." Stairmount's voice as he replies this time is low, like someone who is in fear.

"Okay..." Then Daphne heard the sound of a chair being moved, and the sound of something being lifted. Then a few minutes later, she suddenly hears a very loud 'Boom' sound.

Copyright © boundless_universe

0