Chapter 62
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Stairmount!" Daphne is clearly shocked to death. "Stairmount! Are you okay?!?"

Once again, no answer replies to her in quite a long time. Getting so grumpy, Daphne sends so many telepathic messages to Stairmount. "Stairmount, please answer me!" "Stairmount, actually what has happened, please answer me!" And many other similar messages.

"Don't worry Daphne. I just got something finished just now. Well... if I don't get it solved immediately, it'll be very annoying..."

She can hear Stairmount's voice again, as clear as before. Daphne wipes the sweat on her wet forehead while breathing a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness..." She says hoarsely. "But... what actually was going on just now?..."

"Saturn government bugs my official residence. But I have destroyed the bug... well, at least in this room. So, for the time being, we can have a safe connection here."

"Saturn government... what?!..."

"I should have guessed it before… but I was too tired, so I became so reckless. Have they predicted this psychological factor beforehand? Fortunately, it's been finished before I talk about something dangerous..."

"Stairmount..." Cold sweat begins to flow down Daphne's forehead again. She bites her lip hard, now blaming herself for having a bad prejudice towards Stairmount, while Stairmount is actually trapped in danger. "Stairmount... this is very dangerous... can you... stop doing it..."

"And thus, it is my parents who get trapped in danger?" Stairmount shakes his head. "I can't, Daphne. That's why I must keep doing it."

Daphne purses her lips in exasperation.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

"Saturn government is seemingly antipathy with me, anyway. You know, they're blatantly discrediting me. They are very friendly towards other team members who are my subordinates, but towards me who becomes the team leader they turn cold instead. I even have the feeling that they hate me so much, for some reason."

"But... you are a Saturnian? So Saturn is the land of your ancestors... then, they should be kind to you, right?..."

"I don't get it, Daphne. Well... but... to be honest... this is why I can't defend Saturn whereas my dad really defends them. Because it is related to such kind of things." Stairmount says flatly. "But don't tell anyone about this problem, including my parents. I don't want to make a fuss about this."

"Stairmount..."

"Daphne, only you that I can trust. So, please. Please help me, do this for me."

Daphne says forcefully, "Alright, Stairmount..."

Stairmount is unwilling to tie Daphne in anxiety anymore, so he quickly changes to another topic. They keep talking for about thirty minutes, and when Stairmount finds Daphne's voice sounds sleepy, he says, "It's getting late, Daphne. Have the rest. I'll be resting after this, too. Take good care of yourself, okay?"

"I'm perfectly safe here, Stairmount... It is you who have to be careful."

"And don't worry about me anymore," Stairmount says again. "I've managed to survive before, so this time, I'll make sure that I will keep surviving again."

"Cool, Stairmount."

"Alright, Daphne. Good night."

"Good night." Daphne disconnects the call. After that, she inhales and exhales for so many times, since she is so worried about Stairmount's condition.

Poor Stairmount! How can they be so heartless by forcing him to do this dangerous damned task, also for something really bad! If God exists, God... You must throw them all into the hottest bottom of hell! Very angry, Daphne curses inside her mind. She quickly lies on the bed, and takes the blanket to cover her whole body. Her fear has changed to anger, and it successfully drains her energy. She falls asleep soon afterward.

On the other hand. Stairmount lies to Daphne by saying that he wants to rest. Now, his tiredness has disappeared one hundred percent. He looks upward, towards the ceiling of his living room, which is still dropping fine dust as the result of destroying the bug which once hung above him, by using heavy metal decorations. Fortunately, he managed to see the eavesdropper; the camera bulb is really tiny, even much smaller than a tiny lamp. The God of Fortune is really standing at his side, the rays of the sun penetrating inside the living room refracted at the ball of the CCTV camera and reflected a flash of yellow light which, although only for split second, yet was enough to grab his attention. 

Stairmount takes out his ultra-cyber minipad and calls another number.

Copyright © boundless_universe

0